PDA

View Full Version : macroline or steel hose for my minimag?

tmnothing
04-05-2003, 07:48 PM
I ordered a minimag setup that I'm expecting this week and I was wondering what you guys thing I should do for the air flow. I am installing an ACI 6 Stage expansion chamber because I dont have the option to use nitro and I was wondering if it would be more reliable to use a steel braided hose to go from the ASA to the x-chamber or if the macroline would be better. If the steel hose would be better about what size should I need? Thanks

-AK

paint magnet
04-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Definately steel braided hose. It is a lot more reliable and gives no trouble. Although, it is harder to put on, but only slightly. I would reccomend just going to your store and trying different lengths to see which one fits best, since I don't know the exact length you need. Good luck, and welcome to AO!

tmnothing
04-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Well where I live we dont have a local paintball store... thats why I was asking. I ordered an asa kit with a 6" hose i figured I could at least put some arc in it if it's too long... just as long as its not too short.

frost
04-05-2003, 09:59 PM
steel to the max!:p

Mav D MagMan
04-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Since you're using co2 (I'm assuming this since you are getting an x chamber) than I would definitely say steel line, although it might not be available in the best length it will last forever (mine all has)and it won't burst if the co2 spikes (like macro will).

Mav

paint magnet
04-06-2003, 01:32 PM
If you're not sure, always get an inch or two longer than what you think you need. The extra length won't hurt, all you have to do is arc it like you said.

By the way, in the old days before X chambers people sometimes used 3 foot steel hoses all coiled up to let the Co2 expand:D