PDA

View Full Version : More E-Mag Woes... Solenoid This Time?

Jonesie
04-05-2003, 10:52 PM
OK, the latest in my episode of E-Mag issues goes like this...

I was prepping my gear for play tomorrow and while dry firing my E-Mag in E-Mode it stopped firing. Battery was freshly charged this afternoon while I was taking an Accounting exam (approximately 4 hours) and the tank was just filled an hour ago.

So anyway, I WAS using a TL63 trigger and thought that might be the issue. Switch over to the Stock trigger and the same issue occurred. Works for about 20 shots, then seizes. Manual works fine, BTW. So I took off the grip cover and check things out.

Here's what's happening... When the power is applied to the gun, everything seems fine. Fire off about 20 shots in a 'rapid fire succession' and that's where things go wrong. The solenoid seems to retract completely so that the e-clip is against the top of the solenoid body. Interestingly enought, the iLink to the warp is fine until the solenoid freaks and then the Warp spins continuously...

If I pop in the Yellow pin to kill the power, immediately the solenoid pops out to it's normal position. Remove the yellow pin and repeat the ~ 20 shot process until the gun seizes.

I am noticing the solenoid getting very warm (enough to feel in in the grip frame) and I promptly remove the battery. It stays warm for a few minutes before the heat dissapates. When it gets warm, I seem to smell the 'magic smoke' of burning electronics, but I don't see any...

So, other than my previous problem (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74562) I've had nothing but good luck with this Mag. But the past week has been a tough one.

I do fully plan to call the guys in the Tech Department on Monday to see what's up, but I was hoping to get some info before I did that. Please let me know if you have any ideas about this. I did a search (several, actually), but if I missed something, posting a link would be very helpful.

Thanks ~ Dave

Tunaman
04-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Send this gun to me and I will fix it...;)

johnny dee
04-06-2003, 07:19 PM
yes send it to tuna....tuna btw, have you gotten the money for the grip screws yet?