PDA

View Full Version : how to time a cocker

jstack1081
04-06-2003, 09:25 AM
how do i time a cocker?i just got a 2k3 vert feed cocker and i wanna time it.help me!

:confused:

RKL
04-06-2003, 11:35 AM
http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/ACTroub.html

GroundZer0
04-06-2003, 04:28 PM
go to ur local pro-shop

GT
04-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by GroundZer0
go to ur local pro-shop

good advice slick:rolleyes:

This is a great site
http://www.endlesspb.com/tech/timing.html

askman
04-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Actually, timing a cocker is easy. there are two place where adjustment has to be made.

Step one: letoff adjustment.

One is screw on the hammer, which act as lug. This is reached with 1/8" allen through the hole right behind the feed. You do need to take the bolt out. turning this in/out adjust the letoff of the hammer in relationship to the trigger. I like to have this adjusted until it won't cock anymore, and then screw it in half a turn or so. This guarantees a quick release, that is clean.

step two:

Once you have completed step1, next adjustment is the recock. This is done by shortning/lengthning the trigger rod that connects to the 3way. I work this with bolt back in, and air hooked up. unscrew the setscrew nearest the trigger frame. now you can adjust the length by turning the rod in/out. I tend to turn the 3 way, so that I don't have to remove the frame. basically, you need to do on a trial and error, and you need to find a place where it will recock after it fires. I've done this enough to know about where it needs to be on a cocker. (typically start at 3 thread showing or so, but if you have after market parts, it will be different. start with about 3-4 thread showing. make adjustment by half a turn. Once it is operating correctly. (firing, followed by recock, and with short trigger pull) tighten the set screw down. If you are leaking air at anytime, you went too far, go back. once it is cocking to your satisfaction, You are finished.

Proper timing is very important for good/fast trigger action, and minimizing short stroking.

hope this is clear...

Mighty Mike
04-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Would the Bud Orr Autococker Maintence Video be a good investment??

greenkill
04-07-2003, 11:17 AM
the bud orr autococker video is generally a good investment for how to tear down and rebuild an autococker. he doesn't really go into how to time the marker all that much. online resources such as ravi, COG, endlesspb and a few other sites give a better knowledge base to timing an autococker.

and askman left out a few things.

1) Set up your hammer lug
2) Adjust how much the bolt is exposed in the breach
3) Make sure the back block is a small distance away from the body when the bolt is closed (reduces the annoying clanking sound and reduces wear and tear of the parts)
4) Adjust actuator rod. Make sure your 4 way valve is properly set up. 3 oring designed 4way valves and 2 oring designed 4 way valves reverses things. So to make the cocking sequence happen earlier you may have to turn the coupler counter-clockwise instead of clockwise.

1stdeadeye
09-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Good stuff.

Thanks!

Where is that hammer lug? Inside?

Just bought an 02 RF Cocker thqat needs to be timed.