PDA

View Full Version : Florida peeps...step up!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Lee
04-06-2003, 10:08 AM
hey...who are we? where are we?

why aren't there more people with those nifty little AO-FL things at the bottom of thier posts?...i've seen ONE! there would be two if i knew where to download one....

lets start an AO goup...redneck crackers from heck or whatever.....

anybody in tampa/pasco/citrus/hernando/polk/lakeland?

irbodden
04-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Cough cough.. meet and greet

http://www.automags.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

WickeDKlowN
04-06-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm in Daytona. I was gonna put one of those AO-FL things in my sig the other day, but the computer crashed and i forgot about it, lol

Lee
04-06-2003, 10:26 AM
thanks irbodden, but i figured i'd get more responses in this forum. besides, this is general paintball discussion and this is a general question so i thought it'd be ok to post here.

Klown: where did you go to download the ao fl thing?

irbodden
04-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Lee
this is general paintball discussion and this is a general question so i thought it'd be ok to post here.

Actually, you're wrong, this belongs in meet and greet.

WickeDKlowN
04-06-2003, 10:37 AM
i just saw one, so i right clicked it hit properties and got the url for it

Lee
04-06-2003, 10:39 AM
cool, thanks!

WickeDKlowN
04-06-2003, 10:43 AM
http://www.directaffect.com/dev/jason/ao_states/home.html

that has all of them on one page

RRfireblade
04-06-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm in.

Jay.

Lee
04-06-2003, 01:00 PM
we're rolling....

WARPED1
04-06-2003, 05:45 PM
I had the AO*FL thing, but I don't know how to combine pictures and I like my Captain America JAM threw together for me! I miss my Capo fanclub logo too, hell, I'm member #4!

Lee
04-06-2003, 06:25 PM
i finally figured it out *duh*

captain america rocks. that was one of my favorite comics.....yes, i'm that old....

Lee
04-10-2003, 02:10 PM
only 4 people in fl?

TPS
04-12-2003, 02:40 PM
I am here in Tallahassee!

Newbie215
04-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Im in orangepark (city right under jaxsonville) python1577us lives right across street from me theres 2 more for ya

Lee
04-12-2003, 04:43 PM
cool!

nice quote too. i recently quit a field where there were a bunch of mag bashers. the biggest basher was missing a front tooth and looked like short furry neanderthal.
if i had said that quote to him, i would have gotten a response like "huh?"

of course his cocker ran pefectly every game....not.....

Catch22
04-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Im here in south florida. West Palm Beach to be specific. I hate old people, I dislike Hatians, and Boynton Beach is so boring.

Lee
04-12-2003, 08:22 PM
thats so un P.C....and i'm diggin' it :-)

SlipknotX556
04-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Im in Palm Beach County.

Newbie215
04-13-2003, 02:02 PM
June 26, im going to be in daytona for a week with a friend of mine i got one guy in deltona thats gunna come up and play we are looking to get a big tourni goin for ao members at a daytona feild so if you know any feilds at daytona and if you can make it lmk

Lee
04-13-2003, 03:25 PM
i might could just possibly make that.
let me know where it'll be. i don't know the daytona area though.

Catch22
04-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Where in palm beach county do you live?

RRfireblade
04-13-2003, 03:47 PM
No real fields in Daytona unfortunatly.But we could hook up at Orlando Paintball or Paintball World,like 45 mins from Daytona.Or we have a couple of sweet woods ball fields here.

Jay.

SlipknotX556
04-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Catch22
Where in palm beach county do you live?

Jupiter

Newbie215
04-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Orlando paint ball sounds good. We need to setup a addy or meet at or a place to get in touch. Till then theres nothing much i can do i know there is 3 feilds in orlando because my friend used to live there. We need to decide which feild and whos going.

Lee
04-14-2003, 07:35 PM
we can keep up on here. that'll keep the thread alive and more people can see it. the more the better.

i personally am planning on going to the last big thing at waynes world and maybe a friend or two will be with me. why don't we shoot for a big turnout there also? we could all be on one side and own the place. i'm up for june too no matter what.

NastyPTA
04-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Sarasota area here......usually play in lakeland though

Lee
04-15-2003, 08:22 AM
where in lakeland? i'm 1/2 hour from the mall.

NastyPTA
04-15-2003, 08:34 AM
it's on 98, north of the mall.....actually it's pretty much north of everything, behind a vfw buiding and with a golf driving range

Newbie215
04-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Well i wanna get a big game going at orlando pb (of ao members)

Lee
04-15-2003, 03:05 PM
nasty: thanks, i'll look for it and i'll give a holler here when i go there.

newbie: i do too, but thats not the only time i'm going to play this year.

flipshot and i are talking about getting together in lithia maybe next month. i'll post here w/ date and time if anybody is interested.

ignatz
04-26-2003, 10:24 AM
I just found this thread.

I live and play paintball in the Orlando area. I'd be very interested in meeting some other AOers. Orlando Paintball is about the only local place I don't like to play at. Overall its pretty expensive and their woods fields aren't what I like to play on. If you are interested in playing in Orlando, I would suggest (in order):

1. 3J Paintball (I think) - I've been playing at this field since 1997 when it was called Ambush Paintball. It has since had 3 name/owner changes but remains a great place to play paintball. The newest owners have really sunk energy into making it up-to-date. If you want to play in the woods in O-town, this is the place to go. Paint cost ~$80/case. I think $15 for field admission and all day air. Bring your own water. They give good group discounts.

2. Paintball World. They used to have a woods field at this location but not anymore. They are planning what sounds like a very original place in the near future(1-2 months). Not sure on current prices. These guys are very nice to deal with, but think they are only running a couple of fields now.

3. Osceloa Extreme Sports - This place is the most economical place to play. This is a 5 man sup-air field. They currently run games on Sat. and Sun. only with 3-man tourneys on Sun. till 2pm. The paint prices are reasonable ($50 and up), and I think they do fills per/1000 psi. Bring your own water. I love playing at this field... but its speedball and that can be fun.

4. Orlando Paintball - Only go here if you can bring at least 10-15 people, or if you have coupons. Their admission is ~$25 + air + $90 /case paint. They aren't very friendly, but they can run a good game. They have been doing Indoor paintball for a long time and have some really cool games that you can't play anywhere else. I just have a problem paying premium prices to play paintball with crppy paint. Doesn't mean I've never played there.

Newbie215
04-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Iggy I talked to you on the phone and told you Im going to be in your aera around june 26th. You said ok and you would play, and to give you a holla when im down there. Hope your still game.

ignatz
04-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Beau, I remember you said you'd be in Daytona... that's a little north of me and I don't really know the area too well, but if you find a field, I'm always down for playing at new places. Just let me know when and where... the more forewarnng the better.

Newbie215
04-26-2003, 10:48 AM
And I said I would have some wheels and could get to orlando. Plus its going to me and a fello aoer with me so thats 2 me and python1577us

Lee
04-26-2003, 04:20 PM
hi ignatz and newbie.

thanks for the info ig. i like the idea of the elast expensive place to play, personally.

well, me, flipshot (todd), kieth (an ao-er, don't remember his screename), kieths girlfriend the lovely and charmning heather, and kieths brother jamie all met up at lithia springs paintball park in lithia.

i personally had a blast. it was a pleasure to meet such nice people and to have a day of no hassel paintball with good company.

we're planning on going to a place called "the paintball experience" in lakeland next month. not sure of day/date yet, but will post in time for people to make plans. chime in if anyone is interested and i'll get details.
what i know right now is that paint is 50$ for a case of draxus (i think, will clarify) and field fee is 10$. scuba tanks are allowed at no fee. bring your own paint is an extra 20$, but i don't think 50$ a case is bad at all.

ignatz
04-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi Lee,

That place sounds pretty reasonable. What types of games do they play there? How fields? Please post to this thread details of when and where you're playing and I'll try to bring friends. Should we bring newbies? Sometimes they are fun to shoot at, right?

Lee
04-27-2003, 05:22 AM
yo ig,
i have not been there my self, but my neighbors have. i'll interrogate and post.

newbies welcome. i'll ask about rental packages if they need gear.

right now we're looking at the third saturday of may, tentatively. i'm not sure if they're open sundays or not. they have starnge field hours, open only every other saturday for example. i'll find out what i can and post accordingly.

Newbie215
04-27-2003, 09:55 AM
I got a newbie comeing with me hes never played before so.

Lee
04-27-2003, 01:07 PM
cool. no problem.

Lee
05-05-2003, 03:13 PM
saturday 5/17 i'll be at paintball experience in lakeland with at least two other people, maybe as many as 10. don't know for sure yet.

map pending. call and he will email you a map.

prices: field fee for that day is free (10$ savings). this is one of the regular specials this field has.

paint:
draxus rec:50$
midnight: 60$
inferno: 70$
hellfire: i forgot :-)
bigball: 60$
premium: 70$

ok to bring your own scuba tank.

small woods field, large woods field, speedball and an attack and defend.

hours from 10 am to 4 pm.

largest crowd to date: 38 people, smallest: 4 people.

phone #: 1-863-0433 (cell i think) and 1-863-640-2617

i think i remember the chrony limit as being 270, i don't remember for sure. my neighbors have been there and they said there were between 4 and 6 refs and they were pretty decent.

headcount?

ignatz
05-09-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm in. Not sure how many others I'll be able to bring yet, maybe just me, maybe me + 4. I've gotta call them next week and get directions.

Lee
05-09-2003, 05:38 PM
cool, bring whoever. i'm still waiting for a map. my neighbors say the guy is slow on getting stuff out, so it probably is best if you call.

one of my neighbor kids just got a new (to him) mag. this will be his inauguration :-)

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2003, 04:22 AM
I USED TO WORK AT ORLANDO PAINT BALL. I STARTED PLAYING THERE BEFORE THEY EVEN STARTED THE BUSINESS. IT WAS CALLED PAINTBALL CITY THEN. ME AND A GUY NAMED BOBBY McPHERSON INVENTED MORE THAN HALF THOSE GAMES. I STOPPED BY THERE LAST SATURDAY. THE OWNER LIVES IN CANADA NOW. THEN I WENT TO WORK FOR PAINTBALL ZONE(THEY PAID ME FOR REAL).
I ALSO STOPPED BY PAINTBALL WORLD SATURDAY. THEY HAD THE BEST FEILDS WHEN THEY WERE IN KISSIMMEE, WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE NOW. THE OWNER, LARRY KING, SAID THEY ARE MOVING TO CLERMONT. THEY HAVE A HUGE INDOOR FIELD PLANNED. THEY SAID IT'S GOING TO BE 100% AIR CONDITIONED. RIGHT NOW WE PLAY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WITH 30 OR 40 FRIENDS.

Lee
05-15-2003, 07:02 AM
i played once at orlando paintball years ago, back when it was all woods. maybe we met up? been well over 10 years though.

the meet this saturday is ON. ignatz's group is 4 total, all mags and my group will also be 4 total w/ 2 mags a spyder and a rebel.

i just found a new field in hillsborough county. it looks large enough to accomidate a big meet. it's orbitalpb.com.
used to be weekend warriors. they are basically back in thier old location noff 301 and changed the name and the old owner, jeff, is back. had a nice chat w/ him yesterday after i saw the banner on the way home from work.
that will be my next stop in about 2-3 weeks.

ignatz
05-15-2003, 09:47 AM
HOMOCIDAL2 - You should check out Osceloa Extreme Sports. They are in you neck of the woods and are some of the coolest people to play with. Their prices are competitive with online vendors because they aren't looking to retire off each sale.

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2003, 01:20 PM
IGNATZ, BEEN TO OSCEOLA EXTREME SPORTS BUT NOT TO THEIR FIELD. DON'T THEY PLAY AT THE RODEO ON HOAGLAND. DID AMBUSH CLEAN THEIR FIELD? THE LAST TIME I PLAYED THERE, THEY HAD NAILS AND BROKEN GLASS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THATS WHY I NEVER WENT BACK. THAT MUST HAVE BEEN 5 YEARS AGO.

LEE WE MIGHT HAVE MET. I'VE PLAYED FOR THREE TEAMS, THE UNFORGIVEN, SIGNAL ZERO, AND SYNDICATE. I HAVE PLAYED TOURNAMENTS ALL OVER FLORIDA. MY FAVORITE WAS THE WARRIOR 5MAN. I GOT BURNT OUT. SOLD MY STUFF AT AN EXTREME LOSS AND TOOK A LONG BREAK. NOW I'M BACK AND STILL LOVE IT.

Lee
05-15-2003, 03:20 PM
homicidal: only played a few tourneys at the first field i worked at. was too much like work to get 5 guys to agree on anything and to pay up on time. burnt me out on that stuff fast.

i toOk like 4-5 years off and got back into it last year. ended up working at another field until i got tired of being yelled at by a field owner w/ half my i.q. so quit and am now a traveller, which is what i wanted to do when i got back into it in the first place. i had always worked at a field and played at the same places......BORING!

looks like we're going to have to meet up in you guy's area. any ideas? i prefer paint at 50$ or byop since i can get big ball for 45$. i have my own scuba and etc so primitive is no problem. i hit the road once a month (cahs poor) but am a target dummy for some tourney types in land o lakes a couple times a month during the week.

ignatz...i'm getting psyched lol. can't wait to get in the woods. i'm contemplating using my pump gun if there are a lot of noobs, but the mag will be there.......

ignatz
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
HOMOCIDAL2 - Yep. I think that's exactly where they play. I played a 3 Man there a couple of months back and was very impressed with the owners' attitude. They made it clear that the young people should be there to have fun, not to win. That's why I like to play with them.

Ambush. Ambush. Ambush. They have gone through some changes since I first started there... I think they're called 3J or J&J or something now (It'll always be Ambush in my mind) and the owners are pretty cool. I think they are still loosely associated with the Doom Troopers. Their prices are a little steep, but its my favorite place in O-Town to play.

Paintball World told me the same thing they told you. I can't wait... as soon as they open the new place AOers should make a plan to play there.

Lee - Me too! I'm bringing a few markers and think I'm going to try a few games with only my SydArm. I'm stoked!

Newbie215
05-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I hope we are all going to be able to play on the 26 Of june.......Still looking fordward to it even though i wont be a mag owner for the time being.

Lee
05-15-2003, 05:51 PM
sydarm?????? i hate you....lol
i was going to get one of tunamans, but just can't afford to or justify getting one right now. someday though......
i can't wait to see one though. that will make my day.

newbie: i'll plan on the 26th of june. lets spread the word.
would you be point man for that one? doesn't matter whether or not you have mag. i'm not predjudiced...i'll shoot you no matter what gun you have :-)

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2003, 11:07 PM
NOBODY SHOULD BE PREDJUDICE TOWARD ANY MARKER. I PRIMARILY PLAY WITH AN AUTOCOCKER BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY AUTOMAGS. THERES A GOOD REASON WHY I CARRY ONE FOR A BACK-UP, IT'S ALWAYS RELIABLE. BUT THEN I'VE OWNED ALOT OF CRAPPY MARKERS TO LIKE A GZ2000. I HAD A LONG LOVE AFFAIR WITH A PMI III(HOPE SHES DOING OKAY). WHEN I CAME BACK TO PAINTBALL I DUG UP A PGP IN THE GARAGE, CLEANED IT UP AND I WAS ROLLIN. NOW I'M BACK TO THE AUTOMAG, AUTOCOCKER THING.

ignatz
05-16-2003, 11:47 AM
I just thought I'd post the address of the field for those who are interested:

Paintball Experience
3500 Raulerson Rd
Lakeland, FL. 33810-1354

also, thay have all day air fills for $6 (3000PSI only).

Lee
05-16-2003, 12:46 PM
*whoopsy* i didn't think of that. thanks iggy.

Lee
05-17-2003, 03:33 PM
iggy: haha! i got home and posted first!!!!

i had a blast guys. you all are great players, good people and hilarious! can't wait to do it again. thank you very much for driving all that way to play. excellent e-micro too. very sweet gun. you all know your mags too. it was nice to speak to someone that talks the talk.
and thanks for letting me shoot the sydarm, i'm going to cherish that spent 12 gm forever...:-)
i'm terrible with names so i won't embarress myself by trying to remember your buddys names, but it was a real pleasure playing with all of you. thanks again.

i just can't say enough good things about the company, the quality of play, the field and the owners.
great place to play, very nice, manicured and well run facility. i think i have found a new home field (even though i suck at woodsball).

for everyone that's thinking about meeting up and getting a florida ao meet going...lets do it! we had a blast and it can only get bigger.

for future reference: i was talking to iggy about my planning on going to the last big thing at waynes world this december. he suggested trying to get as many fl-ao'ers there as we can. how about it? we can run as a group and what will be, will be :-)

again...iggy and all....it was a real pleasure. i have not had this good a day of paintball in years. keep that "new paintball attitude" up.

you all can run w/ me anytime and i look forward to getting together and doing it again asap!

Lee

Jonno06
05-17-2003, 05:11 PM
i've tried having a big AO meet two times already, and they both busted(:sigh: good times...)

well,im glad someone else is trying..good luck.

I live on Madeira Beach(pinellas county), and I totally want in.

I haven't played paintball in like 5 monthes because my bushmaster has been getting fixed..(stupid local shops suck)

lemme know when and where and all that jizazz..

or you can IM me at ProfessorChaosMM on aim if you want.

adios.

SlipknotX556
05-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey but if you guys want, we can meet at the cup. I wont be able to play unless Strange gives me a call, but I hang around the tradeshow, watch and take pics. I have already made the reservations at the hotel.

Lee
05-19-2003, 07:32 PM
sure, i was planning on going on a weekend day anyway. last year tc i think was selling cases for 30$. hoping they will this year too, might pick up a couple.

free stickers rock too :-)

SlipknotX556
05-19-2003, 07:39 PM
I go just to annoy Manike, play with his X-Mag and ironman timmy, which he better bring. :p

HOMOCIDAL2
05-20-2003, 04:22 AM
HEY THATS RIGHT IN MY BACK YARD, ISN'T IT. I HEARD FROM SOME NON-PB FRIENDS THAT THEY HELD IT IN POINCIANA. WHERE IS IT GOING TO BE THIS YEAR? I REMEMBER WHEN IT USED TO BE AT PAINTBALL WORLD BEHIND OLD TOWN. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. THAT PROPERTY IS UP FOR SALE. MAYBE WE SHOULD DO A JOINT VENTURE AND OPEN IT UP AGAIN. ANY BODY GOT A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND I COULD BORROW?

HOMOCIDAL2
05-20-2003, 04:34 AM
HEY, I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE GEORGIA PAGE. I WAS THINKING MAYBE WE COULD DO A GEORGIA FLORIDA THING. MAYBE AT THE WARRIOR FIELD? OF COURSE WE WOULD HAVE THE WARRIORS, THE OUTLAWS, SASQUATCH, PALMBEACH PREDATORS. DO ANY OF THOSE TEAMS PLAY ANYMORE? I KNOW THE WARRIORS, DO BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THEM?

Jonno06
05-20-2003, 05:25 AM
when is the cup this year?

I'll be in chicago july 26th for like..a week...and im pretty sure its not that early, but i just wanna make sure.

I should be getting an emag this summer too...so yay!

SlipknotX556
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM
I will be attending the NPPL 7 man super series in Miami from October 12-14.

I will also be attending the cup with Strange. I will only be their for 3 days, but the cup is from October 21-29 I think.

Jonno06
05-20-2003, 05:13 PM
ah...it looks like you have gotten good...you still owe me a 1 on 1 game:D

SlipknotX556
05-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Will do Jonno.

Yeah I have started playing with the backman for strange, then met the rest of the team and I have been playing with them since. But I dont want to shoot their strange vision impulses, I want to shoot my 2k2. :)

Jonno06
05-21-2003, 06:44 AM
i just have a pretty stock 2k bushy...lol

well,good luck with strange and whatnot.

robert heatwole
05-26-2003, 06:51 AM
kyle shut the f' up. strange wont give u a call. lol

ChuviDuvi
05-27-2003, 11:16 PM
About time I find Floriday players, this is my first time being around here... I live in The Kissimmee, area, able to play up to Paintball World, and maybe Orlando Paintball. Its very Far from were I live. I Do play all the time OES )osceola extreme sports, have thier field open. My Team used to practice there but due to problems the team split up and i ended no were. I'll be fatty if some of you guys go to the next day which is i think July check thier website. Id like to join a team or group to play!

ignatz
05-27-2003, 11:30 PM
I am bringing 3+ friends to Paintball Experience this Saturday if anyone would like to meet us there that'd be great!

ChuviDuvi
05-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Paintball Experience, where in Florida is this at?
also who can hook me up with the url of the PIE REV and AO FL?

robert heatwole
05-28-2003, 06:09 AM
ao fl (http://www.directaffect.com/dev/jason/ao_states/images/ao_fl.gif)

ignatz
05-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Paintball Experience is in Lakeland. Look back through this thread and you can find the address, phone number, paint prices, etc..

ChuviDuvi
05-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeh,thanks for the AO FL, but it has to be put together the PIE REV and THE AO FL... like yours is... well thanks for the info ignatz, i'll see if i can make an apperiance, also are ther any Central Fl Players around here?

ignatz
05-28-2003, 11:44 AM
ChuviDuvi - He has the images seperate, it looks like one image, but its really two.

In the future, if you want to use an image already on the interenet, all you have to do to find the link is:

Right-click on the image and choose properties. This will display a dialog with the location. Copy this URL and then you can link to the image. HTH... and hope to see you in Lakeland. If you can't make it this time, let us know when and where you play next. There are a couple of Central Florida players but we are pretty well spread out.

HOMOCIDAL2
05-28-2003, 12:37 PM
chuviduvi- what part of Kissimmee do you live in? Paintball world is 15 min. straight up JYP (if you get the lights right). I'am currently scouting locations in Kissimmee to open a field. Got a few places in mind.

Lee
05-28-2003, 02:28 PM
yo..i'm going to paintball experience this saturday as well. see you all there.

ignatz
05-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey Lee! What's up man... are you bringing anyone with you? I hope Sneaky is there... I've still got bruises to thank him for.. haha. We are going to have a blast!
Paintball World should be opening their new facility by the end of June. We should plan to meet for a 'bring your own paint night' (Fridays). What do you think?

P.S. For you Kississimmee folks, Paintball Experience should only be a 20 minute drive or so. I live in Longwood (north of Orlando) and it only takes about 50-65 minutes to get there. The owners are really cool (like the owners of OES) and prices are reasonable.

Lee
05-28-2003, 04:08 PM
yo iggy!

going stag, the neighbors are cash poor right now, but we'll all be going there in two weeks from this saturday.

i'm up for friday night o' paintball. let me know the details.

i finally figured out the guy in your pic at the bottom of your posts...it's briscoe county jr.!

ignatz
05-28-2003, 04:13 PM
No way... that's not Briscoe County Jr... it Ash from the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies. He's actually holding my MicroE in his hand :D. I was bored and I love the part of the movie where he yells: "This... this is my double barreled BOOMSTICK!"

I'm glad your down with Fri. night p-ball... as soon as Paintball World opens their new facility we're there. I played at PW last weekend and the interstate was so distrcting, I mean half the noobs were watching a car burn on the side of the road. It was almost no fun shooting them. Almost. hehe.

Anyway, I guess we'll see you Saturday. Take care!

Lee
05-28-2003, 04:17 PM
yeah man, see you saturday....and it's the guy that played briscoe county, i don't know his name, bruce something i think.

i loved that show.......

ChuviDuvi
05-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Well I live all the way back in Kissimmee. I know the folks of OES a lot... i knew thier teams, and played for their team... There are a lot of places in Kissimmee to Open a Field look around the Poinciana area there are a lot of land there... For my Paintball-World is like aroind nearly 30 mins to 45mins to get there... I like to play Friday nights! (BYOP)HOMOCIDAL2, get with me if you want to open up a field or something many pf my peeps will attend... cause we need more fields in Kissimmee area.

Jonno06
05-30-2003, 08:00 PM
as soon as i get my bushmaster back from the shop(had to get a few things fixed) I will be able to go to lakewood or wherever to meet up with you guys. Im getting my gun tomarrow or sunday(my bday) so yea, im looking forward to it!

Lee
06-01-2003, 01:30 PM
hey all...another awesome day at paintball experience w/ iggy and the boys!
iggy, dan, jason and ryan, thanks for the great day and thanks to the owners and staff also. they are very player friendly. it's the most player friendly field i have ever been too.

next open day there is 2 weeks from yesterday
which will be the 13th or 14th. every other saturday. it's worth the drive.

also, iggy is looking into paintball world in orlando's new indoor faciltiy for a byop friday sometime soon. i'm sure he'll post the info here. it looks like that will be more convienient for most of the people communicating on this thread. lest see if we can't get some more people to gather on a regular basis. we could be bigger than u.s. steel....(trivia question: who said that and in what movie?)

also, how about a a fl. ao meet at the last big thing at waynes world this december? we could send all the out of towners home with an emotional scar....:-)

for info on paintball experience, search through the pages of this thread, all you need is there.

Lee

Jonno06
06-04-2003, 10:30 AM
so is there pretty much an "fl-ao day" every other saturday?

hopefully i can make it out to one soon.

(my dads a procrastinator, and isnt very reliable):rolleyes:

Lee
06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
it looks that way so far, get your dad moving and come join us.

er2x87
06-04-2003, 09:53 PM
wassup lee and iggy! (i was the one with the spyder with lee when we played at paintball experience. aka lees neihbor)
now i'm getting the 68 automag from lee and the serial is 104!:D :eek: lol

(i don't remember the other guys names so sorry)

Jonno06
06-05-2003, 01:26 AM
welcome to AO er:)

er2x87
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
thanks man

so in two weeks we hit paintball experience again huh

i'll halfta see if i can get another guy out there if he has work off. he has a pirana maybe we can switch him to a mag lol.

Jonno06
06-06-2003, 12:46 AM
my backup is a piranha:p

eforce sts baby!

with set screw...ghetto rigged!

er2x87
06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
lol

i don't know what his is but its alright i guess lol

hehe im gonna do a one on one with lee at pb experience in two weeks, his old pirana against my mag. (ive never played with a mag before:( )

ignatz
06-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Whoa there now, er2x87... Have you seen Lee rock that Pump? Its amazing... better watch out, he's wiley that one.

er2x87
06-06-2003, 03:52 PM
lol still scared of the pump huh iggy?

im playing against the pirana pump gun

Lee
06-06-2003, 03:55 PM
like the klittle girl in aliens said "it won't make any difference".

er2x87
06-06-2003, 03:55 PM
heh i heard you got some people out with your sidearm iggy

er2x87
06-06-2003, 03:58 PM
nice one lee :D

im gonna practice my trigger finger now..... :D

SlipknotX556
06-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Who feels like meeting up at the 7 man super series in Miami october 10-12?

Or we can meet at the cup, in october 19-27.

Your choice, but I will be at both.

ChuviDuvi
06-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I dont know about the Miami one, but I will beat the Cup the whole Week!:D I only live 10 mins away!:p

Lee
06-07-2003, 02:30 PM
i'll meet at the cup. it'll have to be a saturday or sunday for me, but i was planning on going for a day anyway.

er2x87
06-07-2003, 02:32 PM
do they upgrade you marker to lvl 10 there?

ChuviDuvi
06-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes they do all sorts of things, fron upgrading your paintball guns, to Viewloader giving you a free shell or anything. Sell guns and trade gun etc. If you guys are meeting up good luck cuz FL is beggining to see the Bad Weather already.

er2x87
06-07-2003, 09:44 PM
kk thanks

Jonno06
06-08-2003, 01:06 AM
i get my bushy back later today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pnz0rz!

er2x87
06-08-2003, 11:26 AM
sweet man!
so are you gonna play this saturday at paintball experience?

ChuviDuvi
06-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, Let me have some info I can on thie field, like prices and were it is located, I think i might have the day off Saturday!

Lee
06-08-2003, 07:01 PM
cool chuvi, would like to see you there.

go back to the brginning of this thread and browse through it. all the info is within. you can even call them on the way and they will talk you into the field.

paint franges from 50$ for draxxus, $60 for bigball and they have a few more for $70. field fee is 10$ and all day air co2 or compressed to 3000psi is 6$.

2 woods fields (i suck at woods) and one nice spededball and one nice attack and defend field. very player friendly and just plain 'ol good people.

try to make it!

er2x87
06-08-2003, 09:05 PM
yea i hope you can make it.
the match between me and lee should be intresting :D

ChuviDuvi
06-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Question: Do these guys have a website or anything I can find more info on?

Lee
06-09-2003, 08:04 AM
no website as yet chuvi, but feel free to call them for info.

er2x87
06-09-2003, 08:52 AM
there website should be up soon. when we played the 2 weeks ago they said it was almost finished.

Catch22
06-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know the place real good?

Everyone should have a place to meet like for example across from the air station or in front of the store.

I wouldn't know where to meet because I have never been there. But if somebody knows the place real well then maybe you could guve us a meeting place.

Lets try to make this outing an organized one because if it is then more people are going to want to come. I'll try to make it over there but I am having trouble with the shipping on my N2 tank so I might not have it by saturday.

Lee
06-11-2003, 07:56 AM
catch22: are you talking about paintball experience?
if so, it's not real hard to find someone there. just look for the automags.
try to make it, the more the merrier.

iggy: i talked to dave at pb experience and asked him if they would like to go to indoor in orlando with us. they said sure as long as it's friday the 27th. i suggested we all bang heads at the bfield saturday and see what works for the majority.

bringing my best friend tim this saturday and i think the kids i came with the first time are all coming too.

er2x87
06-11-2003, 01:08 PM
catch22:
we usually meet under the really big tree in the staging area. it isn't a very big staging area but it works out.
there are acouple big spools there that fit about 3-4 peoples stuff.

Catch22
06-11-2003, 03:06 PM
cool. Yeah I guess it wouldn't be hard to find someone if the max amount of people they've ever had is 34

WickeDKlowN
06-12-2003, 12:14 AM
As soon as I get a new hopper, I'm prolly gonna start playing Full Throttle (http://fullthrottlepaintball.com/). I got a few friends that play there, and the like it, So I guess I'll try it out.

Jonno06
06-12-2003, 12:21 AM
as soon as my stepbro has a saturday off, we have to have a meety thingy. he is the only person who will drive me anywhere, and he can use my backup...

when is the next day?

psych
06-12-2003, 06:14 PM
another Fl player.........gonna be at pb exp on sat.
http://zhspaintball.8k.com/Aofl.jpg

SlipknotX556
06-13-2003, 06:40 PM
You guys feel like having a real meet and a real challenge playing paintball?

Well if you do, come on down to Royal Palm Beach, at Mikes Paintball, come play with the boys from Strange, Fast Mike from Aftershock, lets see how long you can really last :), then lets see how long you can last against me and Robert Heatwole.

Lee
06-13-2003, 07:51 PM
ooooohhhh....a challenge.

who says we're not challenged now?

what are prices like and how far from tampa? i live in zephyrhills and iggy and the boys are in orlando.

we're going to indoor in orlando soon, like the next few weeks i think. want to come up there?

psych
06-13-2003, 08:08 PM
yea orlando paintball sounds good.

ChuviDuvi
06-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Forget that, come by to Kissimmee and play at Osceola Extreme Sports!

er2x87
06-14-2003, 04:52 PM
oh boy, that was a great day at paintball experience.
i wish i couldv'e spared the money i had left to buy more paint, but reffin for the rest of the day wasn't so bad.lol

Catch22
06-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Hey slipknot. You know larry at push paintball?

SlipknotX556
06-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Yes, I have met larry.

Lee
06-14-2003, 06:07 PM
awesome day. many many thanks to dave and george. good people. i bought an x board revvy two weeks ago and traded it to iggy today, he used it once and the feed neck broke. we asked for a recipt since i didn't get one last week. instead, dave gave iggy new shells without a question asked and told him he would take care of it wit brass eagle.
outstanding service and with a smile. they even sold me a shirt at 1/2 price because it had a smudge on it.

best comment heard today was after the second game that me and my buddy tim played w/ our annihilaters against a warped piranha e-force and a tricked cocker of some sort...."i hate those pump guns"

iggy...pics! pics!

theres talk of a top gun tourney soon......

also, friday the 27th is tentative date for the byop night at the indoor field in orlando. iggy is co-ordinating that and details will be posted when they are available, it all depends on whether the place is open yet or not.
so, maybe some more orlando or central florida peeps can meet up with us. just look for all the automags when you get there......

eric...told ya i'd win :-)

iggy got me in a one on one game. good shot buddy!

ignatz
06-14-2003, 06:35 PM
I too had a great time today! Thanks all around. I don't have much time right now but I wanted to get these up. The real pics have much more detail but they are about 1MB each so... I'll keep these small.

Lee here's one of those hated pumps...

ignatz
06-14-2003, 06:36 PM
er2x87 - Here you are with your new piece...

ignatz
06-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Here's a pic of me against Lee one on one...

psych
06-14-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey those two annihilators rocked. nothin like takin cockers out with a pump..........gotta love it.

SlipknotX556
06-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Ignatz, how could you wear a jersey today, it was so hot.

er2x87
06-14-2003, 07:24 PM
yea yea lee. you got lucky and clipped the corner of my mask. lol. hey iggy, are you gonna post more pics up?

psych
06-14-2003, 07:29 PM
yea iggy post some more pics. got any of max? (aka jailbird or waldo)

er2x87
06-14-2003, 08:26 PM
yo iggy i got bored and heres what came out

Lee
06-14-2003, 08:56 PM
iggy: great pics, thanks man. i can't wait to see the rest.
me and tim are a new two man team...."the gut brothers". i'm going to print that one out later and frame it. excellent pic.

eric, cool rendering of iggy.

ignatz
06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
SlipknotX556 - Give us details about the field you suggested we visit. I don't think any of us are Pro level players but we all have a great time and I for one am up for playing new places given its in the right price range. Have you ever played 3J? I think someone mentioned that some Pro players show up there for BYOP Sundays. Maybe you and Robert could meet some of there? LMK if you're interested and get back to use with prices.
You're right it was hella hot of there yesterday. I bruise pretty easily and the DYE jersey has some padding built into the shoulders that makes me brave the heat. Most of the day I spent in the wife beater I had on under it.

psych - I actually tried to take his(yours?) picture twice but they came out blurry. Its pretty hard to take pics out there, but its actually fun and I think I got some good shots.

er2x87 - That's pretty cool man. Thanks! I don't think I could do that in PhotoShop.

Here's another pic for you guys... this is probablly my favorite shot of the day. I got caught right in the middle of this shootout and managed to get the moment just after impact. I imposed a blowup so you can see. What do you think?

er2x87
06-15-2003, 12:41 PM
here ya go lee and tim----your icon!!

pysch
06-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Actually im Jason..........I just wanted to see how goofy max looked in your pics. That was a nice shot of Lee and Tim.

er2x87
06-15-2003, 03:48 PM
hey i just noticed that thats me reffing 2 pics up! lol

er2x87
06-18-2003, 06:33 PM
were are we gonna play next?
:confused:

ignatz
06-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Anyone interested?

Wayne's World - Temple (http://www.waynes-world.com/Temple.html )

Lee
06-19-2003, 02:32 PM
lets do it.

more pics iggy?

SlipknotX556
06-19-2003, 02:57 PM
You DONT have to play with pro's, I have enough of my personal friends that we can have a nice 5 vs 5 going on hyperball or airball.

If you would like we can jump in with some guys from Strange.

If you guys really want to do this, I will get into it with more detail, when I return from my vacation.

Lee
06-19-2003, 05:43 PM
slipknot: enjoy your vacation and get back to us with details and we'll let you know.
thanks!

truss
06-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Whats up guys?New to the forum here.any body ever play at paintball brothers just outside of jacksonville?awsome feild and the owner troy is a great guy.

er2x87
06-21-2003, 04:08 PM
not me, we are basicly in mid florida.

welcome to ao

Lee
06-21-2003, 05:40 PM
yo truss. you know a guy named jake? shoots a bushy (last i knew) and a phantom.

truss
06-21-2003, 07:20 PM
not that i know of.were does he play?

Lee
06-21-2003, 07:29 PM
he plays somewhere in kax from time to time, he lives in tallahassee area though.

shot in the dark, he's an old buddy of mine.

zippy
06-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey guys, just got on and started reading about florida peeps. I live here in orlando and would like to be part of a little AOFL meet. Didnt have time to read all the posts, but i would like to meet some people, let me know if you have any questions about orlando fields. I have played em all.

ignatz
06-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Well guys it looks like Paintball World won't be open for another 30 days so no Friday night game at this point. I am planning on riding out to Lakeland again this weekend and hope to see any and all there.

zippy - Great to have you. If you read back over the posts you'll find the information for Paintball Experience. A bunch of us will be there is weekend. Check it out and give us a shout if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.

zippy
06-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Cool thanks for the fast reply. I used to work at paintball world. I refed there back in the day, when it was behind old town. And i opened the field off of I-4. I probably wont be able to make it this weekend, but thanks for the invite. I also would like to know step by step how to get the AO-FL pic gif under my name. I dont know much about computers so i could use some help. I do have the url for the gif though. It is www.erix.4mg.com/ao_fl3.gif. If someone could give me instructions it wold be greatly appreciated.

er2x87
06-25-2003, 04:57 PM
hahaha
thats my website that i use for my diferent sigs on. lol
i'll put the original one on the and tell you exactly what to do for the sig.

er2x87
06-25-2003, 05:02 PM
type[ i m g ]http://erix.4mg.com/ao_fl.gif[/i m g ],copy that into your sig and it should work.
(i coouldn't get it to work the right way)
do not space it the img tags like that or else it won't work

pysch
06-25-2003, 05:26 PM
:cool: Welcome zippy

u name yourself after the conehead zippy or is it just a name?
:D
j/k

Lee
06-25-2003, 05:41 PM
hey zippy, whats up and welcome.

too bad you can't make it this weekend, good field and good people.

for the aofl, go to user cp at the top of the page, then click on edit profile. on the profile page in the signature section, you'll see a thing that says "vb code" click that and a page will come up explaining how to link the ao fl sig to your posts.

we're looking at travelling to the orlando area when the orlando indoor opens up.

all the info you need re: paintball experience is on this thread orr, since you live in the orlando area, maybe you can follow iggy down one day when you can make it.

er2x87
06-25-2003, 07:22 PM
hey zippy, did you want the ao-fl thing lee has? or the regular blue color? or like mine, the orange-red color? i have all of them on my website if you want. i'm coming out with my second camo ao-fl logo soon, and if you want, i'll thro together a sig for you like mine or however you want it.

zippy
06-25-2003, 09:37 PM
wow you guys are really cool and very helpful, ive met some people on here that were asses, but you guys are cool. Zippy was just a name i picked because i couldnt think of anything else. I havent played at the lakelan field but i would love to, so next time you guys go aside from this weekend let me know so i can go. My roomate and i have been itchin to play lately.

zippy
06-25-2003, 09:40 PM
just checking something

zippy
06-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Alright i got it to work!!
Thanks er2x87.

Lee
06-26-2003, 07:09 AM
thanks for the kind words zippy!

paintball experience in lakeland has open games every other saturday with specials of one sort or another. things like: no field fee day, 15% off paint day and free renatl package day.

depending on travel plans, i go every open day. they are also open on wednesdays during the summer.

keep an eye here for our plans, we post everything here or feel free to pm me.

great bunch of people, both the owners of pbex and the guys that play there. iggy and the orlando crew are very good, knowledgeable and helpful. you won't regret playing w/ us.

er2x87
06-26-2003, 01:06 PM
no problem zippy

paintball experience has
-speed ball
-attack and defend
-long woods ball
-short woods ball
there are plans for some more feilds but the ones they have now are great!

hey what gun do you shoot?

zippy
06-26-2003, 01:06 PM
so aside from this saturday, when is the next day that everyone is going to meet. I got my ule bady in the mail, and my x-valve on my gun and im ready to go. Also does anyone know where i can get longer on/off pins, so my hyperframe will shoot right, got it dialed all the way up and it's still not fully actuating.

And if you guys have any suggestions on good shim/carrier combos that work good let me know so i can get evrythingtuned up good.

Lee
06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
thanks for the offer zippy, but between me and iggy, theres not much we can't handle or fix.

as for your hyperframe, try shimming undr the sere pin. that raises it a little bit. it may help and it may not. just a thought.

sounds like a nice marker zip. feel like going one on one against a pump?

not sure on the next meet after this, i regularly go to pbex every saturday they have open games, but we've been batting around the idea of travelling some too. we'll keep you posted. too bad you can't kmanke it this saturday. my first kill will be dedicated to you :-)

zippy
06-26-2003, 11:14 PM
Yeah make sure you get one for me! Ill try that shim thing under the sear that might help, i've even thought about the idea of putting something like soder on it to raisde it some, im starting to get a litttle desperate.

I would definately take a pump one on one, im sure you pretty good though challenging a semi with a electro trigger, so im sure it will be fun. If they have games evry other saturday that means the next day would be on the 11 of JUly i believe, unless of course you plan on coming out my way or going some other way. I was thinking about trying out the new extreme rage field dn on ft myers but it is quite a drive. I know the owneer Todd adams, i worked for him a couple of CUps ago and he told me to come down and check it out. Anyways keep me posted on any meets. Laters.

zippy
06-26-2003, 11:22 PM
As far as the gun i shoot, I dont have any pics of it quite yet but i will get some when it is complete.

I shoot a mag that some of the Jax Warriors used to play with back in the day. It is a factory custom from airgun designs that i guess was made about 8 years ago so it was pretty old. But it is the only stock mag i know of that will run off of 600 lbs and experience no drop off at high rates. The valve is completely stock and has no 8 hole mod or kidney bean cut in it.

But you know how it goes i wasn't happy with the rate of fire so im currently upgrading it now. I just got Hyperframe with the new 20 bps chip, have an x-valve now, the ULE body is in the mail, im getting a halo b if i can find one, as well as some new barrel prob a freak set or dye boomstick aroun 12 inches or so. I run off of an ancient apocolypse aire system, but iwill probably get one of the new DYE air systems soon.

Sorry about the book, i am bored and just felt like going into way too much detail. Later.

ignatz
06-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Yo Zippy, You can pickup the correct on/off pieces for the hyperframe from Marker's locally. They are a CenterFlag dealer. The two pieces cost me $21 I think... that should set you straight. I've tuned a couple of boo Yaahs for other Mags and have some very small shim material. It works great if you need to move the solenoid one way or another (like in the boo Yaah) to increase the travel length of the sear. You're welcome to some if you need it.

zippy
06-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Fisrt off, are you refering to ,arkers pro shop off of hwy 50? If so thats cool, because i go to school up there so that will be easy. And second i will take any info about shims and carriers and such.

I have tuned severeal mags in my day, but im just now getting back into it and there are a lot of new things, i need to learn all i can bout the level 10 and such so whatever material you have i would greatly appreciate it.

ignatz
06-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Yep. Markers Pro Shop... that's where I bought my CenterFlag on/off bottom and on/off pin. They had to order it and it took about a week to get here. They offered to do a rush order but I was in no hurry cause my tank was out to Hydro. At any rate, they should be able to get the parts you need.

Have you seen the Official Level X Guide (http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml)? Its the best place to start. The premise is pretty simple and once you figure out how to match the carrier to the o-ring. You'll be set. The number of shims only determines at which point the bolt fires. More shims cause the air burst to be release further along in its path.

er2x87
06-27-2003, 11:26 AM
alright guys, i have before me the paintball experience discounts for next mounth.

-6/28/03- bring your own paint for $5.95
-7/12/03- $5.00 field fee
-7/26/03- get 500 rounds with purchase of 1 case of paint
-8/09/03- free marker rental
-8/23/03- $22.00 for field fee, rental, air, and 500 rounds

they also have a membership club for $5.00 per year, and you can get field discounts.

zippy
06-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Well i have just read the entire official Level X guide, and i feel that i have a better understanding of what is going on. I guess i should have read that a long time ago. Anyway thanks for the suggestion iggy. I will be stopping by marker's proshop probably on monday or tuesday to get them to order those pins.

Have you ever wondered why you cant order from Centerflag directly?

Iggy, have you had any problems with your Hyperframe? i have heard that they are synonomous with chewing up bolts and such.

Later

Lee
06-27-2003, 02:28 PM
yo eric: thanks for the info on pbex.

iggy and zippy: this saturday may be a rainout at pbex, if it does get rained out, how about 3j up by you guys on sunday of next week for byop day? my travelling bone is starting to ache......

i'm going to pbex regardless tommorrow as i already told dave i'd be there, but play depends on the weather. i can't afford to do both this weekend and next, but can do one or the other.

and zippy, sounds like you know your stuff. how long you been playing altogether? sounds like it'll be a blast to play w/ you. good competition is always a plus.
iggys e micromag rocks and i'd like to see a hyperframe in action, that sounds like a one on one in the making too doesn't it? :-)

pysch
06-27-2003, 02:55 PM
hey zip........beware of Lee's pumps, oh and iggy's marker is awesome. But beware the pumps.
(that last sentence reads wrong dont it?)

HOMOCIDAL2
06-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey Lee, you out there? I just ran into a problem at Osceola Extreme Sportz. They refused to fill one of my co2 tanks because it was out of "hydro". Conveniently they said they could send it out to be tested for a nominal fee. Have you ever heard of co2 tanks needing to be hydro'd after five years? Is this new?

ignatz
06-27-2003, 03:52 PM
HOMOCIDAL2 - What size CO2 tank was it? Depending on the diamemter of the cylinder CO2 tanks do need to be Hydro'd. Check this link (http://www.paintballparadise.com/The_Gun_shop/hydrostatic_testing.htm)

Lee
06-27-2003, 03:53 PM
hey homicidal...i have heard of that.

what size tanks? i have heard that federal law does not require co2 tanks of certain diameters to be hydrotested. i think 7oz and 3.5oz fall into that categorie..

how much do they charge to hydro? if it's the same price as a comp air tank, it will almost pay to get a new co2 bottle.

sorry you had a problem, but the guy is within the law.

when are you going to join us for a game?

HOMOCIDAL2
06-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys for the immediate response.It is a 20 oz. with a 94 date. I got it filled at Sports Authority. I have been getting it filled at both places for the last 8 months. I'm gonna bring it to a friend at the F.D. they can do it the cheapest. (if you know what i mean). I'm dying to play with you guys. But the schedule has to be just right. And it has to be byop. I'm kinda poor. and got 3 kids.

Lee
06-27-2003, 04:05 PM
np my brutha! happy to help.

3 kids here too so i know what you mean.

er2x87
06-27-2003, 04:08 PM
my 12oz co2 tank said to have it hydro'd in 5 years, so i guess you have to do it

HOMOCIDAL2
06-27-2003, 04:13 PM
The link that Iggy sent me was very informative, it said 12 and up. anything 2.5" or greater.
Lee- Can you tell me where to get milk on SALE!!!

er2x87
06-27-2003, 04:32 PM
walgreens has milk on sale all the time

pysch
06-27-2003, 05:07 PM
walgreens has the gallon milk goin on sale sun for $2.49 and Pepsi 2-liters for $.79

Why are we talking about milk on a paintball site?

Lee
06-27-2003, 07:32 PM
dude....you are such a sellout.....

pysch WORKS FOR WALGREENS!!!!!!!!

zippy
06-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Lee, i have been playing for about 7 years, but i dont claim to be a excellent player. Experience does mean something though.

Ok, so if it gets rained out tommorrow you are syaing that you would like to come and and play in orlando on sunday of next week? JUst want to make sure.

I put in a request for SAturday the 12th off from work so i can goes to paintball expeirence to meet with you guys and hopefully shoot some of you or at least shoot at some of you.

Let me know if this is good for everyone.

LAter

er2x87
06-27-2003, 08:09 PM
i might plan on going but lee has to go cuz he gives me a ride there with him.

i may also go because theres a $5 field fee!
(i need to save money because im also saving up to buy a mag off lee :D )

zippy
06-27-2003, 08:16 PM
well, im probably definately going to be there, possibly with my roomate. If he does not go i will definately have his gun in case i dont get mine up to par before that day.
You guys sound like a lot of fun and i think it would be cool to have some permanent paintball contacts.

It seems lately there has been an overflow of a-holes being introduced to the sport and its just good to hang out with cool people and from what it sounds like decent players.

er2x87
06-27-2003, 08:19 PM
thats very true zipp
spyderea.net is filled with em.
i posted my spyder up for sale and they were critisizing it.
***s

lol

zippy
06-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey guys, this is a pic of my mag. Keep in mind that i still have not received my ULE body, which will be here in a few days.

Lee
06-28-2003, 03:53 AM
hey zippy!....nice piece. i'd love to see a ule body. i'd thought about getting one, but decided i'm very happy with my minimag. i'd attach a pic, but my digicam is a walmart special and frankly, the pics it takes suck. you'll just have to come see it for yourself.

i started this thread for the same reason you stated, to find some cool people to play pb with. i've helped build worked at and head reffed at two fields in my time and was usually dealing w/ bs instead of or while playing. now i just want to relax and play and have some decent people and good players to do that with. i have not been dissapointed at all due to the caliber of people that have replied and shown up and the owners and staff at pbex. thank god because i have an impaired tolerance for b.s. :-)

yes, if pbex gets rained out today, i'll save my $$ or paint and go to orlando next sunday if that works for everyone, if not, i'll do whatever. it's past my turn to travel since most of the group comes from orlando, fair is fair and i enjoy going to new places. i think it advances a persons skill to go aganst different people and styles of play in new environments.

the 12th works for me pending what happens today. i can only afford to play two days a month and i have all my kids every weekend day i'm off or not plating pb, so i dedicate at least every other full weekend to them, so we'll see what happens this weekend and go from there. i'll follow the crowd and make an effort to meet at the most convienient time and place for the group though.

now i lay me down to sleep...i pray agd my soul to keep.....:-)

zippy
06-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Well, hopefully everything works out so you can play on the 12th. Iggy said he would go if you were going because you are his ride.

By the way just so i can get to know some of you guys:
-What are your real names?
-How old are all of you?
-How long have you all been playing?

-My name is Kris
-I am 22 yrs old
-I have been laying for about 7 years, or so

er2x87
06-28-2003, 01:47 PM
yo kris

my name is eric
im 15 years old
ive been playing for 1 year in october
i'm getting a mag with serial cfoo104

zippy
06-28-2003, 07:24 PM
wow that is a collectors item, dont let that one get away.

I have some old mag parts lying around, if you need something let me know. If i dont have it i can probably get it for you cheap.

I thought my mag was old! Make sure that thing still works, it porbably does since it's a mag and they last forever.

er2x87
06-29-2003, 08:51 AM
yea its awesome
still works great.
do you or anyone have a pump kit?
im thinkin about makin it a pump mag.

zippy
06-29-2003, 10:11 AM
No i dont know anyone with a pump kit, those are kinda hard to come by.

But if i see one ill let you know.

er2x87
06-29-2003, 11:55 AM
thanks zip

hey guys i posted paintball experience on pbreview about a mounth ago and its finaly up after i emailed them. lol

post your review and give them some more business

http://pbreview.com/fields/reviews/?field=923&sort=new#4226

Lee
06-29-2003, 04:39 PM
hi...my name's lee and i'm a mag and pump gun-aholic......help me please......

zippy: i'm 39, live in the center of the known universe...that sprawling metropolis that IS the city of zephyrhills!
been playing on and off for 15 years, have been head ref at and helped build 2 different fields and in the last few months decided i wanted to smell the paint and go to different places and be a regular 'ol walk on player.

needless to say, another great day yesterday. some of the orlando crew showed, except for iggy....hermano..brudda...wtf? i was told to do the following iggy...blame it on king blueberry...

1) make me an offer on a solenoid....
2) i hear jt is coming out with a new line of skirts this year....
3) you can prevent callouses from using non-electric triggers by wrapping a bandaid around your trigger fingers...

DISCLAIMER...JASON MADE ME SAY THAT STUFF...HE THOUGHT OF ALL OF IT!

seriously ig, had a great day and it would have been that much better had you and dan been there. jake is cool and rocked for a new guy. i hope you get the micro up and running for the 12th. 5$ field fee that day.

you donw w/ us zippy?

homocidal: 5$ field fee, 50$ case, not sure on co2 fills, but i'm sure they're competitive with all other places. c'mon down man.

eric and his brother are most likely going the 12th, as well as max. i'll give timmy a call and see if he's able to come. if he does, him and i will do a 12gm pump gun one on one for everyones entertainment.

er2x87
06-29-2003, 05:14 PM
co2 is $5 for all day air

ahh hear comes the rain. again.

zippy
06-30-2003, 01:40 AM
I am definately down with the 12, i got the day off and im ready to go.

I'll have to bring out the Sl 68 for a little pump one on one action, if i can get the dam thing working..lol,
If not i'll use the Pirahna, that happens to have a little Palmers work done on it...you'll love that Lee.

yeah im all over the 12th, im starting to get excited i havent played in a few months, and that was at Orlando Paintball, i wold have to say that the experience was a little Sub-Par, if you know what i mean. We only had one REf for like 30 people, and the ref never e=went on the field once. On top pf that the ref hda never played paintball in his life, what is up with that.

I used to Ref at PAintbal world before Larry king decided to hire a bunch of twelve year olds to do his Reffing, back when you used to jumo in front of someone who is being over shot, or risk yourself for a paint check....those were the days.

zippy
06-30-2003, 01:41 AM
Sorry about all of the typos, it is 2:41 AM and i just got off work...lol

ignatz
06-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Lee - It really sucked not playing Saturday... but honestly, I stayed up too late Friday night trying to get my gun to work. I was sure that I'd done something wrong so I just kept trying and trying to get it to work right, past the point where I was thinking clearly. When I woke up Saturday morning, I picked up right where I'd left off. If I'd gone I wouldn't have a good time mostly because I still too tired and I would've had to deal with other equipment problems. Oh well, I'll be there next time... no doubt! I've been building a backup so regardless of the state of the Micro, I'll be sprayin some paint by then.

Zippy - Hi, my name is Iggy and I've been a Magoholic since 1997. I'm 26 year old.

zippy
06-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, this is a pic of my roomates cocker, which will be what i will be using if i dont get my gun up and running by then.

er2x87
06-30-2003, 01:43 PM
thats one of those brand new e-oracle's isn't it

er2x87
06-30-2003, 01:55 PM
hey guys, i may have a potential buyer for my spyder!

Lee
06-30-2003, 02:37 PM
iggy: np, just yanking your chain a little. let me know if theres anything you need, i'd be hapopy to hep though i doubt i have any parts that would work in an emag.

zippy: boooyah! sat. 12th!
what kind of piranha? i have a short barrel piranha i'm tinkering w/. no palmer stuff, all stock and needs a seal. would you happen to have a non pierce pin exhaust valve seal assembly?
i picked up a stock 98 cocker a couple weeks ago. it should be up and ready to go. if i like it, i'll keep it as is until the pneumatics foul up and then i'm going to put a pump kit on it. i'm waiting on a trigger frame to complete it.

i havn't seen an sl 68 in years. you have to have cohone's to play with thatthing lol. wwe used to rent those back in the day, then went to the sb piranhas, always wanted a piranha, thats why i got it.

i sense a sheridan pump gun 1 on 1........
you might want to pm iggy and see if you all can hook up for a convoy to make it easier for you to find the place. it's not too hard to find, just more convienient that way.

your room mate not able to make it?

the owners and staff of pbex go to paitnball world some fridays. they have the same reffing complaints. i'm not too keen on going to a place like that, but still want to check out the indoor when it opens.

pysch
06-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Nice marker Zip. Your friends aint to bad niether.

Gonna make it on the 12th.......oh yeah.

Skirts would allow more airflow while playin........but a random ball flyin by might be deadly.

zippy
06-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, i just got my HAlO today.

Thank God the Fiance' let me spend the money..lol
ULE body Comes tommorrow, and ill be ready to go as long as the new extra long on/off pin works for my hyperframe.

HOMOCIDAL2
07-01-2003, 04:07 AM
I had a h&!! of a day saturday. First my automag wouldn't function right. It kept spiking up to about 450 fps, so I had to use my 2k1 cocker. Then everybody and their brother showed up with the Tippman A5 & response triggers. So I'm the only one out there with a semi. But I managed to hodl them off using good tactics and a fast trigger finger. I had a lot of fun, and thats what it's all about. Glad I had a back-up.

er2x87
07-01-2003, 09:02 AM
hey homocidal2...
are you going to pb exp with us on the 12th?
i wasn't there last saturday.

zippy
07-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Well i got my ULE body in the mail yesterday, and bought my HALO on monday. so im pretty much ready to go.

I put everything together and at first my gun didn't shoot, needless to say after putting almost $1000 into it you expect it to shoot.

I had to tinker with it a bit, well actually a lot but i finally got it to work. Apparently the long on/off pin that i got was too long, go figure. But man it shoots like a dream.

If anyone is debateing getting ULE body, get one it takes about 15%of weight off the gun. Im not one to complain about the weight but my gun is a tank, when it is full it prob. weighs about agood 9 to 10 lbs. Mostly due to the Ancient reg on my HP system.

I will have pics of my gun up shortly for all to see.

er2x87
07-02-2003, 09:13 AM
thats cool kris
i might get a ULE body someday.
but for now im just tryin to get the essentials to work the way i want. lol
aka, the trigger frame i like, and other mods that i havn't decided on cause i havn't played with it enough to know what it needs.
i gtg to plant city... :( l8r

viper matt
07-02-2003, 09:17 AM
hey guys, i live in lakeland and havent played in about 5 years, im looking at getting back in with a rt pro setup. where is there to play around here now? i played the place on spirit lake road a long time ago and tried them in the yellow pages and the number didnt work

Lee
07-02-2003, 09:23 AM
hey viper matt, welcome back to paintball!

we'll be at paintball experience on saturday the 12th. read back through this thread for all the info you'll need. if you think you might have trouble finding it, i can meet you at a store near it and you can follow me in.

fell free to sound off if you have any questions.

zippy
07-02-2003, 09:46 AM
I got a map form mapquest.com, and of course they suck so i might take you up on that offer lee and follow you in. Is it kind of in the back woods?

Hey Viper, do you have a gun to play with?
If you dont and you would like to come on the 12th, i have a spyder shutter you can use, it works great you will have a lot of fun with it but it's no mag or cocker. Anyway if you dont have anything and you dont want to pay to rent let ne know so i can bring it.

Peace

viper matt
07-02-2003, 11:33 AM
well i work evrey saturday so i was planning on paintballing about 2 sundays every month. i would love to go though, a spyder is all ive ever played with, i owned a spyder compact the was all hopped up for 1998 tech. the rt mag had just come out when i quit playing due to $$reasons (made about 40 a week cuting grass). i make that an hour now and have a lot more stress to release :)

Lee
07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
zippy: pm ignatz, he's the one that lives near you in orlando. i live in zephyrhills which is over an hour from you. just clarifying.

viper matt: pbex is only open on saturdays, but there is a place called sinister on 98 west just at the point where it turns in to one lane. it will be on the right hand side of the road and has a sign. i don't know anything about them like prices etc, but havn't heard anything bad about them. hope that helps. i play sundays from time to time, all depends on cash flow and time. keep in touch through here as there may be other people that want to hook up in different groups and go places other than pb experience. i'm not adverse to new places at all.

viper matt
07-02-2003, 02:02 PM
I just found out that the field in south lakeland is 3 blocks from my house. its off of 540A, anyone played there?

er2x87
07-02-2003, 02:19 PM
yo viper mat.
my name is eric and ive been playing almost a year now.

pbexp can reserve the field whenever you want just call em and set up the day your gonna play and how many people will be playing. they only reserve the field for 10+ people. we can reserve a day and have only ao-fl members there. just a thought. but it isn't really fun unless you cream someone you don't know.lol
anyway welcome back to pb viper

do you know the name of the field viper matt?

viper matt
07-02-2003, 05:14 PM
no, i followed a link on this page to it and its the only field listed under lakeland. the zip code is 33813 and its off of 540a close to scott lake road.

viper matt
07-02-2003, 05:18 PM
i just found it and realized what happened. i saw your link to pbex and went to it on the feedback page, the address is listed as the 33813 zip which is on the south side of town, so the owners must live by me and the field is on north 98.

http://pbreview.com/fields/reviews/?field=923&sort=new#4226

viper matt
07-02-2003, 05:20 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1234+Merlyn+St.&city=Lakeland&state=&zipcode=33813&homesubmit=Get+Map

i live on the loop in the top left under stratford, sheese i oculd probably hear the guns from where this map shows the field as.

er2x87
07-02-2003, 05:31 PM
thats paintball experience that you have there.
thats the field we play at.

Lee
07-02-2003, 08:09 PM
yeah man, they live on merlyn and the field is on raulerson. i don't know the area well enough to tell you how close that is to you, but it is off north 98. turn onto banana road, go to where it dead ends, turn right, follow that around and it's about a mile on the left after the 3 way intersection where you bear left. thye are open wednesdays for part of the summer in case you can make it that day.

if you can make it for saturday the 12th, let me know and we can hook up at the cumberland farms on the corner of banana and 98 and you can follow me in from there.

zippy
07-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Im sure it was said before, but what time do the festivities start on the 12 when does everyone usually get to the field? And where do we meet when we get there.

Also, how many players usually show up, aside from the AO guys?

Man, i am so ready to go, i have my gun shootin like a dream. I have to get new Batteries for my Camera and i will put anotherpic up.

BTW, doe sanyone know how to get the PIc a little smaller, my pis that i put up are huge..lol.

Lee
07-03-2003, 08:07 AM
zip: theres no telloing how many people will be there other than ao'ers. and it's not hard to find each other. ask for us at the check in, you'll be pointed right to us.
the staging area is not that big so it'll be very hard to miss anyone.

i get there about 9:30 and sign in begins when people start getting in. first game is usually about 10:15-10:30.

i have no idea how to make the pics smaller, and i'm looking forward to the 12th too...it's been 5 whole days since i played.......!

zippy
07-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Five whole days, you're spoiled, it's been almost two months for me and my mag was daown for upgrades so i had to use a cocker, i can't wait to unleeash the fury of my new mag..muah ha ha .

er2x87
07-03-2003, 09:18 AM
thats a circle k at the corner of banana road.lol
(like it matters anyway)

hey guys i was thinkin about other fields in lakeland and we still havn't play the field thats a driving range and paintball field. do you guys wanna try that field sometime?
my dad stoped in there one day and they have a little bit of a shop (i guess) and there was little kids with angels.
its on the way to paintball experience but i dought its any good.
lmk guys

viper matt
07-03-2003, 09:54 AM
where can i go to buy a mag today, i want a good deal on a rt

ignatz
07-03-2003, 11:43 AM
viper matt - Don't even think about it. You will so over pay. Your best bet is to find a used one in the classifieds here. Heck, I even have one for sale in my sig. If you're dead set on getting a Mag today, Extreme Rage, Orlando Paintball and Markers Paintball all have used mags in stock from time to time. I'd call ahead to be sure of selection. HTH.

Lee
07-03-2003, 12:27 PM
kiids w/ angels.....sounds like a T.R.E. (target rich environement :-))......

zip: had to use a cocker? egads!

viper: take ignatzs advise. he's the king of the traders forumes here. the guy knows his stuff. you can find some seriously inexpensive markers here. i got a cocker w/ goodies for 110$, several classics for under 200$, and these are w/ accessories and good barrels, not crap. so look around.
why don't you pop in to the field the 12th just to visit and see whats available now a days. we'll be there until about 5pm. you may not want an rt after that.....

zippy
07-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Well, i guess i dont mind Cockers so much, they shoot great when they work. I'm just always afraid im going to break it if i run to fast, or stumble a little.

I know, usually, that when i put my mag up to shoot, it does.

pysch
07-03-2003, 04:56 PM
speaking of cockers.........you gonna get yours up and workin before the 12th lee?

yeah it aint hard to find us aoers.......just look for the mags/high end guns. besides that were usaly in the middle of everything.

Lee
07-03-2003, 05:05 PM
psych: yeah man, just waiting on the trigger frame.
pump pirahna is working, just need to chrony it and see if it needs to be shimmed. i think i'll play with that first.

pysch
07-03-2003, 05:08 PM
heard your piranha shoots better with barrel brakes? i gatta try that cocker in a game.......finally reach above 7 bps. Yes! now watch it brake in the middle of the game........hafta use the barrel as a blow gun. kehe:D

zippy
07-04-2003, 08:41 AM
YEah i can put out about 14 bps or so with my roomates cocker, it has the Eclipse Balde trigger on it,and that thing rocks.

Hey Lee you and Me are gonna go one on one pirhanah to pirhanah. Of course mine is a semi, but you can probably shoot just as fast as i can, because it doesn't cycle that fast.

er2x87
07-04-2003, 09:39 AM
alright zippy!now lee has 2 1 on 1's to do so far.lol
might as well make it 3.
u an me lee 1 on 1 1st game of the day. (fix your pump mag)

Lee
07-04-2003, 09:51 AM
ok zippy, your on. but i can't guarentee the piranha is shooting well enough to use, though i do have another pump gun similar to it i can use, so, either way i'm in!
but i don't know wbaout shooting faster than a piranah.
14 bps is awesome for a cocker. sheesh!

eric: you too. tired of the pump mag, my annihilater has much better range than the pump mag.

er2x87
07-04-2003, 12:34 PM
beter make that 4 1 on ones lee... max will do another match with you.lol

thats why i want you to play the pump mag lee..cuz you rock with the annihilator.
lol

pysch
07-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey zip im the 4th 1 on 1 with lee if your wondering where erix got 4................i made fun of lee's piranha, now he wants to try me. by the way guys i call the last 1 on 1 spot with lee..........let you guys where him out for me. :D might have 2 more people comin on the 12th......hey lee u have Gary Smith's #, if so lets see if he can come......i have a 1 on 1 with him that we never got to do. be back later with the details on the other 2.

Lee
07-04-2003, 04:32 PM
i thought i was going 1-1 you jason with your bro on your side.

i'll email gary...

viper matt
07-04-2003, 04:34 PM
is anyone going to the lakeland field on sunday. im planning on playing. what type of rental guns do they have? i may just buy a cheap spyder at sports authority with my 25% off cupon from wednesdays paper instead of a rental gun.

er2x87
07-04-2003, 04:43 PM
lol viper
get a spyder victor, there pretty good and cheap

or

i'll sell you my tricked out spyder victor thats in my sig!lol--"just one easy payment of $125!"

viper matt
07-04-2003, 05:01 PM
so is it open sunday? what do they rent and how much is it?

er2x87
07-04-2003, 05:23 PM
they rent out piranhas or upgraded spyders and piranhas.
i don't think they're open sunday unless you reserve the field.sorry i don't have more info (ive been playing there longer than anyone here.lol) i'll call my cousin dennis cuz he was friends with the owners before they opened the field and he knows all the stuff at pb exp.

its time to go buy fireworks! l8r

er2x87
07-04-2003, 09:08 PM
:mad:
me an lee were outside letting off fireworks, and our neighbor comes out and startes yelling at us..."havn't you had enough fun for one night!?"...and then lee yells at him...then he yells at lee...it was really funny(kinda) but we had to stop shooting off the fireworks. :mad: i still have 150 firecrackers left. lol
one bottle rocket amost blew my but up.lol
one parachute flying thingy went up, caught on fire and floated into a tree. :D
a pack of fire crackers almost blew up in lees hand. :eek:
oh well tommorow i'll do some more then some more then some more...boohoohoowhaahahaha
j/k although i will do more tommorow :D

zippy
07-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Sounds like you guys had a little too much fun...lol

Well Lee looks like you have your hands full with all of these one on ones going on. I havent played with any of you guys yet but im really looking forward to it.

I didnt get any Fireworks this year....:( But next year il go all out. And you should tell your unpatriotic neighbor to Bugger off...lol

er2x87
07-04-2003, 09:24 PM
lol zipp
thats what lee did!lol
i wanted to light another one and throw ir at him.
i had one in my hand too.:D

i can't wait to play either.
your gonna love pb exp. its great

zippy
07-04-2003, 10:34 PM
how many fields do they have there?

Is it mostly wooded or speedball tyoe fields?

Lee
07-05-2003, 04:55 AM
yeah that guy was a jerk. funny thing is, the whole city was sending stuff in the air. it must have been what bagdhad looked like! this town is one big fireworks display from the 2nd or 3rd until a couple days after. we just happened to get yelled at for it.
eric: apologize to your parents for me. i hate getting yelled at, that just sets me right off. if he had wanted us to stop, he should have been an adult and just asked, i would have stopped with no fuss and respected his wishes, but i take crap from no one lol, he should just be a man and act like an adult you know?

matt: i'll see about sunday, it'll have to be sinister paintball on 98 since as eric said pbex isn't open sundays. i may be able to pop i at least to say hello and meet you.

zippy: fireworks rock! a town just north of us (dade city) dioes a big display every year, i took the kids up there to watch it and came home to set offf our own.
and yes, a pack of black cats had a fast fuse and i almost got it lol. at least i was tossing them with my loading hand and not my gun hand :-).

eric seemed to have a vendetta against this oak tree across from his house, he kept trying to burn it down. and yes, thats about how accurately he shoots.

1-1's...gotta love 'em!

i am so ready to play, 7 more days! pb ex has a speedball course, and atack and defend course (i call it the o.k. corral, because it's always a gun fight!) and two woods courses, one they call the "large" and one is the "small". both heavily wooded and vegetated. i have found out that i have lost all my woods skills, so i stick to the fort and speedball. they have plans for sup'air in the future, two 5 mans that they can combine into a ten man. they are going to put in a building for a shop and sign in etc. first though, then the new fields. they have seven acres total i believe with much less than half of it developed into playing area at this point.
also, theres talk of a top gun tourney. all one on one games. don't know when though, the've had at least one of those to date.

hope everyone had a great fourth and happy birthday United States of America. support our armed forces and veterans, police, nurses, fireman and emergency workers. they're the ones in the trenches that make it all possible.

zippy
07-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Lee: i'm not much of a woods player much myself, i definately prefer the speedball and Sup air. I'm going to be trying to get some sort of a team together or at least hop onto another team so i can play in tha Cup this year.

How are the wooded fields as far as swampyness and muddiness, i ask because that tends to attract a lot of mosquitos. I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not some sissy non outdoors person, but gettin tore up by thousands of mosquitos can ruin a paintball day.

Lee
07-05-2003, 10:12 AM
zippy: the woods can be muddy, all depends on the rain. it's wetlands so it can get pretty bad.

iggy is looking to start a team also. maybe you can talk to him this saturday? i just don't have the typoe of money it takes to play tournament ball, or the time. it'd be nice though, even though i swore them off years ago, i've been thinking about it lately. besides, i'm old!

er2x87
07-05-2003, 10:46 AM
lol lee
if iggy can get a sponcer that would give us paint, ect. i'll be able to join, i don't have a job yet so i only have so much money available.

pysch
07-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Lee: if u wanna do the 2 on 1 then lets do it.............. i'll take ya out anyway. hey u got any strobe fireworks at ur house.......i wana set some on the windows of that witch behind ya.

anyone know the max r.o.f. of a cocker?

the people at pb exp do like to do a lot of woods ball. personaly i dont mind it, but since ive been plain so much Sup Air and speedball ive lost my touch.