PDA

View Full Version : A foregrip?

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Are there any gas thru foregrips in existance that look like a palmer stabilizer? I just got nitro so I want to let go of the stabilizer but I want a foregrip that looks almost identical. this means no grooves for the fingers, preferably with the hose coming out of the top and side versus mosts bottom. Etc...
Anybody seen one like that, or semi similar?
Please post what they are and possibly where I could get one.
Thanks!!!

-=Squid=-
04-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Im not sure, but I think you could gut it and it would act as a gasthru? :confused: Or you could go with the worr games reg that comes stock on there base model cockers at pbgear.com for like $50, whch I also think you could gut and use as a gas thru. People correct me if I am wrong.

CaptainFatCat
04-06-2003, 02:35 PM
The sidewinder reg is the only thing I can think of. Hey Squid, what part of Arkansas you from?

Toakes22
04-06-2003, 02:59 PM
the cp gas thru look good. Were you looking for a reg or something that looks like a reg?

sneakyhacker420
04-06-2003, 04:38 PM
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=374&CATID=6

get one of thoes and take off the rubber grip part... then it will look like this foregrip... without the splash ano

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Toakes, I am looking for something that looks like a reg, but is NOT a regulator. My issue is that I want to keep the look without the actual operation of my Palmer. I will see if I can gut it like Squid said.
I want the looks only.

Yeah the CP's do look pretty good. Thanks!

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Actually would it work to gut my AIR instead, since I know how to take it apart and can? I haven't the slightest clue even where to begin if I took apart the palmer.
Would there be any difference in performance.

Note: I would use the palmer then to adjust velocity

MarkM
04-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Don't gut your AIR (or whatever compressed air system) 'cos your Palmer won't be able to handle the input pressure not to mention the hose's connecting the two will not take the pressure either. CO2 was fine but now with Nitro you are into a whole different world. Try to gut the Palmer or buy a gas through, way cheaper than trashing a perfectly good reg.

Fatjon
04-06-2003, 06:54 PM
buy a RT forgrip and take the rubber off of it

-=Squid=-
04-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by CaptainFatCat
The sidewinder reg is the only thing I can think of. Hey Squid, what part of Arkansas you from?

holy crap? You from harrison? I am from flippin...its near mountain home, thats like 45 minutes from here! Where do you play at, what gun you shoot, you play on team etc...Im intrigued!

-=Squid=-
04-06-2003, 07:16 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/036-0555-3.html

This looks fairly plain, straight, no grooves...what do you thik of it?

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 10:07 PM
That looks perfect!
Thanks, Squid.

CaptainFatCat
04-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

holy crap? You from harrison? I am from flippin...its near mountain home, thats like 45 minutes from here! Where do you play at, what gun you shoot, you play on team etc...Im intrigued!

My cousins from Flippin man. I play at Zone 51 paintball in Parthenon, I work there and they sponsor my team. Im still shootin a Spyder, but soon to be a mag owner thank goodness. And yes I play on a team, Im the captain of a speedball/scenario team.

ezrunner
04-06-2003, 10:39 PM
I can't believe what i just read about a palmer reg!

The Palmer Stabilizer in both standard and LP versions is the best reg I've used. It and the sidewinder are awesome for low pressure applications.

The Palmer flows extremely well and if you have a flow problem look at your tank because I have not had any problems with my stabilizer. When my latest neato reg is having problems, that big huge nickle plated beast gets on the gun.

It has seen duty on Mags (co2), Cockers(nitro), an Angel, and several other guns including a spyder for demo.

The owner of the Angel had his minireg die on him so I handed him this for the tourney and he had never had that type of performance from his gun. He was ecstatic and looking for a replacement for the minireg.

Please don't diss the palmer reg. It works fine up to at least 1100 psi input as I've tested and as low as 400 that I have used for an extended period of time.

This reg is currently on my AKA Merlin with Raceframe and I get zero drop off under rapid fire.

-rob

Thanks GP for an excellent battle horse of a reg.

misfit
04-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
Don't gut your AIR (or whatever compressed air system) 'cos your Palmer won't be able to handle the input pressure not to mention the hose's connecting the two will not take the pressure either. CO2 was fine but now with Nitro you are into a whole different world. Try to gut the Palmer or buy a gas through, way cheaper than trashing a perfectly good reg.
he means gutting the air valve (mag reg)

sneakyhacker420
04-06-2003, 11:01 PM
DO NOT gut the mag reg, you can easily rape your internals if u put too much pressure into it, stop being so picky and just set the stabalizer at a higher pressure... then you'll be fine