PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on a pack/harness

paint magnet
04-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Here are the main things I'm concerned about, in order from greatest to least:

Comfort
Stability
Holding pod's lid shut ability :), not snagging pod lids, etc.
versatility

I'm probably looking for something in a 3+2 size with lots of Velcro to make it stay put and a wide belt for comfort. Also I'm not going to wear suspenders with it. The cooler it is the better, because it gets pretty hot wearing anything down here.

NuthyN
04-06-2003, 02:14 PM
I think that is something you should try at the field. Just get to talking to people at your local field and most will let you try their pack for a game or two. Otherwise I suggest reds comfort. They cost about 50 for the belt and pack (if you get a 3+2 or smaller) and are well worth it.

magman007
04-06-2003, 03:24 PM
get a top stich m pack, probabally the best packs made. Toughest materials, and to me, the most comefortable, wide belts, and will custom make your pack, with the colors you want. go to http://www.topstitch.net/

SlipknotX556
04-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Redz demension 3.2, greatest pack I have ever had.

nippinout
04-06-2003, 04:42 PM
I have a Redz Dimension 4.3 in blue. :)

This is my second pack. My first pack was a no-name 4+1 from I&I Sports.

A harnesses' job is to carry paint comfortably.

A 'high-end' harness should not shift at all. It should be comfy, and perhaps look sexy.

With all the high-ends you're getting pretty much the same performance. Get one that feels comfy and looks sexy.

I like my Redz Dimension.

The horizontal packs which are open-ended don't do a good job holding lids shut. Versatility-wise, there are packs where elastic loops can be used to add on extra pods. The Dimension has them. :) I know there are other ones that do, but I am not familiar with them.

The Redz packs also are interchangeable. The belt seperates and you can change to a differnt pack just by moving the belt.

Have fun shopping. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
04-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I'd have to second Magman's notion and say M-Pack from Topstitch (and btw, do you have a M-pack, Magman?). Toughest Materials, handmade, customer service is second to none. I've got both a Horizontal 6 pod and a 10 pod and I wouldn't use anything else.

nippinout
04-06-2003, 06:37 PM
I think my first harness was made by monkeys or small children. It is of hideous quality.

sneakyhacker420
04-06-2003, 08:10 PM
REDZ

DiRTyBuNNy
04-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Redz..sorry..I won't buy a pack made in China by small children..

FlagCarrier
04-06-2003, 08:38 PM
i've been using a dye attack and i have been very happy with it. but i have also heard great things about redz.

NCpaintballer
04-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I recommend the Extreme Rage Packs. I used a Redz Dimension 3+2 for about a year but after trying an Extreme Rage I was hooked. It improved upon a lot of the features of the Redz Pack.

When I got the Extreme Rage I noticed that the elastic was a lot better quality than what was on the Redz Pack. I was first skeptical about the belt because it was thinner but after trying it I could get the Extreme Rage pack much more secure. Also the main pod holders have elastic on the tops which helps push the pods down when you pull the tabs. I like the outer pod holders too. They have a piece of material sewn on the inside which makes it easier to load. The Redz were a pain to put pods in on the outer loops. They also have a cool elastic loop which you can put over the tab on the pod to hold it closed. I have only used the Extreme Rage pack for about 2 months but I haven't accidently dumped a pod while running or sliding yet. Good pods have something to do with it too. I've had real good luck with the Redz pods

CRog075
04-06-2003, 09:29 PM
I have an extreme rage bullit paq and love it. It never let me down, and have had it for a long time now, and in perfect condition.

CRog075
04-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Pic of the extreme rage pwning:

jayel579
04-07-2003, 02:46 PM
i play with the JT slammer, but i have heard the Redz dimensions is really good. it all goes under the umbrella of "what do you prefer"

paint magnet
04-07-2003, 05:11 PM
The Extreme Rage Bullit Paq is looking good.

The Top Stitch ones sounded good but the site has absolutely no info on them whatsoever.

Redz packs, I've always heard good things about them but I didn't know they were assembled in China by small monkeys or children or whatever.

And I forgot to mention whatever I get will be a vertical design. I hate the horizontal ones, too hard to get the pods out and they bounce around a lot.

Dubstar112
04-07-2003, 06:03 PM
I voted DYE. I love mine. Holds pods shut, and doesnt snag at all. Most of all, its extremely comfortable..However droppin the cash might be a problem. All in all... get what you think is best.

Cryer
04-08-2003, 10:45 AM
I have a REDZ 4+3 Dimension pack
http://www.redzcomfort.com/cgi-bin/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/DP4001.jpg
I love it. You have to buy the belt seperatly, but It's worth the money. Once you strap it down, it doesn't move or bounce around at all. It's way comfortable, too.
I put those chrome Evil pods in there and they look awesome.