PDA

View Full Version : First time with GZ today

SlipknotX556
04-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Well just got back from playing with my new 2k2 with GZ frame. Well I had to say the gun is great, when it wasent leaking :rolleyes:. I had some problems, when I first got to the field, then it was fixed, now its back, we found out that the cup seal, a ram O ring were destroyed from the previous owner. Also I chopped twice, because one of the eyes was scratched badly, so I have replace them. Its a really great gun, it has just alittle bit of bounce, but I like it. I also tried the roller trigger method, that J&C came up with. It worked, but not for long, I lost the feeling. While at the field, their were tons of Strange vision impulses. Also ran into Marc Davis of Strange, he was basically doing 1 vs 1's because he had to go to work. All in all, it was a great day, its been like 3 weeks since I really played. Also Robert Heatwole of AO was their, he had no gun so he had to use my GZ, hes waiting on his hyperframe minimag.

Fatjon
04-06-2003, 07:12 PM
glad you liked it:rolleyes:

Jack & Coke
04-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
...I also tried the roller trigger method, that J&C came up with.....

Whoa... I didn't come up with it... I give credit to the guys here on AO. That's where I learned.:)

I just happend to try the technique on my GZ because it's the only electro I have. After realizing just how fast I could fire the gun, even without actually having a roller trigger, I posted all about it... :)

Credit goes to the folks here on AO.... not me.

BTW, once you get your GZ running properly (who know how well the previous owner maintained it:rolleyes: ), you'll like it! Of course, I think that could be said about most $900+ markers!!!;)

SlipknotX556
04-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Alright, just finished looking at the gun and cleaning it. Well it seems, that the cupseal is damaged. The 2 eyes are badly scratched, the ram o rings and cut, almost in half, the front bolt o ring is completely split in half. So I am gonna have to get new eyes, a ram o ring kit, a bolt o ring kit, an adjustable ram cap. All that is 62.36 I think, with 3 day air. Also, today while playing, I had no barrel to use, but my friend gave me his CP 2 piece to keep for ever :) Well after all this said, heres a pic of the beast.

eric
04-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Dude, that is a NICE gun. I want a 2k2:mad:

Jack & Coke
04-06-2003, 08:48 PM
I don't think the bolt o-ring is that nessessary. I have a Check It bolt (with slits on the sides for the ball-detents), and it doesn't have a front bolt o-ring.

SlipknotX556
04-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Alright, I will try it without the o ring tommorow, when I have air, but its always good to have a bolt o ring kit handy.

paintball8869
04-07-2003, 10:11 AM
The bolt oring may be necessary. It depends on who machined that gun. If it's one of the ones that CP made, you probably won't need it. But if it's one that CP didn't make (i dunno who made them before, but the tolerances weren't the best from gun to gun) you'll need it most likely. CP does a lot of military stuff and they've got awesome tolerances. That's why the ironmen intimidators are looked at as higher than some of the older models (well the difference is really not noticeable, but from gun to gun you can set the pressures closer and get hte same velocities, when compared to the older models).

Jack & Coke
04-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I was looking at my STOCK bolt last night (the one with an oring on the tip), and honestly, I don't think it does anything! It's not large enought to seal anything. It's too recessed into the bolt. It's almost just short of being flush.

Take a look at your stock bolt and tell me the o-ring on the front tip does anything... I doubt it even touches the wall.

Here's the bolt I'm currently using which does not have an o-ring on the tip...

http://store2.yimg.com/I/paintballgate_1733_7664512

Check It Intimidator Full Force Bolt v2.0. Newest version of our popular full force bolt with slots for the ball detente and a new rear half look. Fully low pressure ported and a new O-ring slot for added strength. Super slick design ensures maximum rate of fire.

$39.95 @ http://www.paintballgateway.com/chitinfufobo.html

paintball8869
04-07-2003, 10:43 AM
I think i was thinkin about the middle oring instead of the front. In the pic you have there, the front oring is what i'm talkin about. I forgot some bolts have an oring at the very TIP of it. But then again, that one can help prevent blowback. That way some of the air the hits the ball doesn't blow backwards as the bolt is moving back and up the feedtube. Just a thought, might not be right at all.

SlipknotX556
04-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Alright I just ordered

- New eyes
- Adjustable ram cap
- Black magic cup seal
- O ring kits to like everything

By friday this gun will be at its peak, should shoot insanely fast.

Also friends got a dragon trigger im gonna install.

Crazy
04-08-2003, 05:24 PM
that is hot, nice gun :D

cockermatt
04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Did you get it form Pablo2k from Pbnation? Or from a guy in Fairfax Virginia?

covadsucks
04-09-2003, 01:48 PM
That actually looks like my old 2k2, but I sold it to a guy locally and he put the clamshell back on it...hope you like it!!!