PDA

View Full Version : 68 Automag OR Micromag which should i get

Andrew McBride
04-06-2003, 05:52 PM
i don't know which gun i should get? i am stuck between these 2. the micromag is 175$(can)less than the automag. the micro comes with a 14inch jacko barrel and a buch of aftermarket internals. The Automag comes with 3 barrels (14inch razzor, 12 inch jj ceramic, stock) a remote that i won't use and thats about it. So what do u guys think i should get.:confused:

RRfireblade
04-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Beware of aftermarket internals.I would always rather have a completly stock valve.That is after all the heart of the gun.Unless your gonna trade it in for an R/T. Then get the Micro 'cause the Alu body rocks.

Jay.

FalconGuy016
04-06-2003, 05:58 PM
What kind of internals?

Andrew McBride
04-06-2003, 06:54 PM
i don't know if there aftermarket or if they come stock in micromags.

It's a Micromag, which is an aftermarket version of the Automag that is very small! Great for front/mid players
-powerfeed body with removable powerfeed for quick field stripping in between games to clean if need be
-integrated ball detent so that paintballs can't load more than one into the chamber
-vertical ASA which is great for expansion chambers (which make this gun run great on CO2)
-I will include the bottomline setup for CO2, but I don't have the expansion chamber. I can get one cheap if you want one, and set up the gun to use it.
-14" Jacko barrel (it's the British version of the Smart Parts All American basically, it's a great match for this gun, pretty much the only barrel that I've used on it)
I should mention that it is threaded for autococker barrels, so you actually have a threaded barrel and not the twist lock that the mag usually has. This is a *much* better design that the mag barrels - these ones never get stuck on!
-ANS Phase II regulator with velocity tourney lock
-ANS Phase II venturi bolt
-Venom Hardline from the ASA to the back reg. This gives you an integrated shut off for the air in the form of an inline slide check.
-Benchmark style 45 frame and Smart Parts wood grips

FalconGuy016
04-06-2003, 07:51 PM
ANS Regulator = no no I believe. Ask if he still has the stock regulator (and bolt if possible)

sneakyhacker420
04-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Andrew McBride
-ANS Phase II regulator with velocity tourney lock
-ANS Phase II venturi bolt

aftermarket internals for automags completely SUCK if they were not made by AGD themselves

ANS valve/regulator is a POS, and the venturi bolt is cheaply made and unnecessary

get the 68 Automag if its all stock, the twist lock is really nice to have in case u need to clean your barrel in a hurry, and they *RARELY* ever get stuck in the gun, if it ever does get stuck... you just have to take the mainbody off... simple as that

get the 68 automag, and then pick up an x-valve later on, as well as an intelliframe and better barrel

btw, the micromag looks pretty damn scratched up

my advice: go for the stock 68 automag... but only if it has powerfeed, the direct feed definetely isnt as good as powerfeed

just sneaky's $0.02

(btw, trust me, i know mags... damn well ;))

not to mention, benchmark trigger frames totally suck, they have a longer, sloppier pull than the stock carbon fiber AGD grip frame

RRfireblade
04-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Andrew McBride
i don't know which gun i should get? i am stuck between these 2. the micromag is 175$(can)less than the automag.

$175 Less? How much for the 68?

They can be had for $279 us new.And somewhere around $200 used and stock.

Jay.

Andrew McBride
04-07-2003, 06:57 AM
i can get the micromag for 475$ (can) and i can get the 68 automag for 600$ (can). But what is it that is so bad about after market internals i figured they would be better than the stock ones.
(here is a pic of the automag)

RRfireblade
04-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Everone has thier own opinions,here's mine.

First off I don't think aftermarket internals are all that bad.The ANS bolt works fine for ex. But they rarely add any of the performance they claim to.AGD is far from perfect and way back when,their valve had some shortcomings which spured on all these aftermarket gizmos.Up to the current Level 7 valve,AGD has pretty much corrected any real problems in the design.So you can't really expect any gain from aftermarket parts.My biggest concern is that MOST people don't really understand all the fine details going on in the valve and usually create more problems when they add aftermarket parts.You see,if they really understood how the valve works,they would know changing parts in there typically has no benefit.99% of the time I work on a valve that someone UPGRADED it usually requires more work than a neglected stock valve.
So,if you can shoot it,make sure it doesn't leak anywhere,has full velocity adjustment (upto and a little beyond 300fps without leaking out the back)and simply functions well.On a Micro, check for stripped screws,particularly the ball detent.They can be stripped easily and make sure the field strip screw works in and out nice and easily.If so,I'd take a chance on the Micro.

Jay.