PDA

View Full Version : Can i run a micromag or 68 automag on C02

Andrew McBride
04-06-2003, 05:56 PM
can i run an micromag or 68 auto mag on c02?:confused:

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
04-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Yes you can, if you aren't running a retro valve. This is, of course, because the retro valve is limited to HPA.

ckyguy
04-10-2003, 07:44 PM
you could but i would strongly recomend not to, your mag will perform at least 10x better running hpa

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
04-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Some people don't have that option. In my area there are fields that don't have HPA only CO2.

FlipShot
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
I've been running Co2 for over a year. this was about 4 years ago before I had a job so HPA was out of the question. but the gun will perform well with it but a HPA system is allways recommended.

adam shannon
04-11-2003, 04:00 AM
you will absolutely have to have an expansion chamber and antisiphon tank or some such way to make sure that the valve doesnt get any liquid co2. my old minimag valve used to burp and spit if it got liquid. other than that mags drink co2 like a baby does milk.

tmnothing
04-11-2003, 03:37 PM
I just set up my new minimag with an x-chamber and and antisiphon tank and I dont have any problems so far. I havn't played with it yet but this week I've been fine tuning evrything and I havn't had any problems with any liquid.

Also take into account where you live. If you live in warm areas you will have less to worry about. When you start getting colder temperatures the CO2 has more trouble expanding into gas before it reaches the valve. The manuals consider cold to be below 50 and it says that the mag performance will be poor under those conditions (with co2).

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
05-01-2003, 03:16 PM
My setup is a CMI ultimate remote. It has an expansion chamber immediately after the on/off for the tank and runs through a coiled hose to my T-stock. I have never had any liquid get to my gun with this setup. I have been known at times to really hop on the trigger and I have frozen my 20oz, but never got liquid into the valve. It's entirely dependant on your setup.

Nobody077
05-01-2003, 09:07 PM
I ran my Mag on C02 for 8 years with no problems. I used a 20oz with anti-siphon, and a crappy 1 chamber x-chamber. The only reason I went to nitro is its cheaper at my local fields (1 field its free;) )