PDA

View Full Version : Emag/rt Reg Relief

crankydan
04-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Since installing and after break in of the LX in my EMAG. I am having a hard time adjust my velocity above 280 with out it leaking out of the regulator relief. I had to install the mid bolt spring to help out. It works fine for rec ball, but we practice above that. It also coughs like 3 or 4 times when I gas up, with some small puffs between shots. I read somewhere that AGD has a reg piston that is set above stock just for the level 10 upgrades. Is this true, and would this fix my problems.

Thanks for any advice.

Dayspring
04-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Start with your long spring and start snipping off one end until you get to the desired velocity. I don't know many people that can run the Long spring period...

Smokee_2_7
04-06-2003, 11:29 PM
anyone can run the long spring IF they have the right carrier installed, and have a properly set reg. piston.

If i were you, i would be ordering a new reg piston. I have seen this problem is SEVERAL mags- - all since the introduction of level 10. It seems that there are a lot of pistons out there that vent off lower than the pressure required to operate lvl 10 with the long spring properly.

Carl

cgrieves
04-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Incidentally the "new" reg pistons are actually identical to the "Old" pistons but the hex bolt inside the piston body is unscrewed slightly. They are normally held with non-permanent threadlock and if you are carefull you can increase the vent pressure yourself by unscrewing them (I watched AGD uk do mine with a vice and allen key). At most go a quarter turn at a time until you can attain the velocity range you need. Use a soft jawed vice so you don't mar the piston surface.

I've done two myself and those valves vent correctly at about 320 fps with level 10. Usual disclaimer: They are designated non user-adjustable parts so this is at your own risk.

crankydan
04-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the advice, I think that I will have to order a new reg piston. I have tried all the springs, and finally found a carrier that doesnt leak. I really like the longer springs and the softer bolt touch(I use marbs and all star paint). I wish AGD had some advice on the piston adjustment or could tell me if a new one would be set higher for the Level 10.

Dayspring
04-07-2003, 02:47 PM
The new ones are being set higher to accomodate the Level 10. Sometimes one or two slip through and get put in.

As for piston adjustment, that's a no-no really. It specifically states that "There are no user serviceable parts in the piston." You can try, but I recommend against it.

cgrieves
04-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Send the valve in for a service if you don't want to adjust it yourself. It might also save you from paying for a new piston- I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK they don't bother giving you a new piston, they just adjust the old one.

crankydan
04-07-2003, 08:08 PM
cgrieves,

Which way did you say increases pressure. Counter clockwise?

Thanks

cgrieves
04-08-2003, 04:31 AM
Yup, on the ones I've adjusted or had adjusted, the pistons ended up longer, i.e. the hex insert was screwed out.

Smokee_2_7
04-08-2003, 09:42 AM
cgrieves, how do you get to the adjusting nut on a RT piston? They put this cap over the end:
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/Pistn__1.jpg

versus the standard AIR valve version, which does not have the 'cap' on it:
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/reg_piston_lg.jpg

thanks,
Carl

cgrieves
04-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Ah, good point. The only one's I've adjusted were in classic AIR valves..... I forgot the piston in my Emag valve was different.

I guess the only option is to refer this to AGD tech, I suppose it's unikely that an EMag would have a piston that's not set up for HPA.

Sorry for the confusion.