PDA

View Full Version : new field I found...hehehe

-=Squid=-
04-06-2003, 10:12 PM
On my way to our practice, we noticed a paintball sign :eek: (we live in the middle of nowhere and are loucky to even have a good field) so we stop by. LOL! It was in this guys barn, and he rented tiger sharks and for extra $$ you could get...dun dun dun, stingrays. It was laughable. He thought the tippman was one of the best markers made, and had never heard of dye (we were wearing all our dye gear) or smart parts. He had ONE good thing, a redz dimension pack, which he uses to sell paint ON the field in case somebody runs out. He has FORTY (:rolleyes: ) acres of woods to play on as well! No bunkers! woot...I am thinkin of playin down there one day just to show em whats up :p BTW, I am NOT making this up! :eek:

Ov3rmind
04-06-2003, 10:25 PM
LOL! Post picks if you can.

gimp
04-06-2003, 10:25 PM
haha, I live in the boonies too. Some guys hosted a tournament at the field in their back yard once. My friends and I checked it out. The best marker these guys had ever seen was a spyder shutter. They had all these bogus rules they made up. It was actually pretty fun. You should have seen the look on their faces when they tried an emag with a warp, or an angel. It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint.

-=Squid=-
04-06-2003, 10:37 PM
LOL, thats great! I assume you ruled them! I wish I coulda went...what were the prizez :D ? And we dont plan on going back anytime soon, but if I can I willl snap some shots...I will tell them im using them to make fliers :D

magman007
04-06-2003, 10:39 PM
HEy man, dont rip on the guy. Hey may be sheltered, but its one more paintball field out there.....

Also try playing, maybe use his tiger sharks, and see what it was like to play in the old days.

I did that at a field here, playing with 10 cent a ball, using my phantom, woods field etc. Its fun, and its a reall blast from the past. I actually reccomend trying it out.

Just dont rip on some dude for trying to make a few bucks... the more businesses out there, the better paintball can grow

adam shannon
04-06-2003, 10:59 PM
its because of guys like that that we have paintball now. every field was ghetto at one point around 12-15 years ago compared to what we have now.

i play alot of backyard ball in the summer, and we usually have more beer than paint...and in a couple ways its better playing anything for fun with friends than at a field with poor sports, and pimpish spoiled kids that just want to hurt noobs than have fun.

back in 92' when i was stationed at camp lejeune there was a guy that got permission to run games on govt land out in the sticks. he and his wife showed up in a station wagon and rented 12 gram plastic pump pistols with 16 oz pepsi bottles for hoppers. we played while his wife bbq'd dogs and burgers for us. thats what it was like in the early days...and its still fun to play low key ball...its refreshing and a little nostalgic to get away from all the bling bling and thousand dollar markers from time to time.

warpfeedmod
04-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by gimp
It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint.

lol gimp that's classic.. I'm immortalizing you buy putting that in my sig :p

Hunter
04-07-2003, 09:24 AM
what state are all of these hick places in?

cphilip
04-07-2003, 11:21 AM
... It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint.

Now where exactly is this place? :D

la690
04-07-2003, 11:35 AM
..They had all these bogus rules they made up. It was actually pretty fun..
haha. what kinda rules?

TheGreyMage
04-07-2003, 11:46 AM
hey, as long as he was safe and such i am all for backyard ball. its a lot of funn getting togeter with friends and just playing some freindly ball. besides, in my book there is no better gun than my tippmann. i have never once had problems with its simple bullet proof design. i am not bashing any other gun, but try diving into a stream e-mag first, or getting a bit of liquid co2 in your reg. just a few things to think about.

MAGma 14
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
just like me you live in middle of nowhere

Brak
04-07-2003, 05:45 PM
i dont usually play at fields, i like playing low-key with my friends, its cool, especially becuase you can just walk a little bit and grill up some hot dogs

MaGSkEr
04-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Brak.... even in CT where we have the somewhat decent Hogans Alley?

gimp
04-19-2003, 03:20 PM
I stumbled on this thread again, the field is in Littleton NH. They started doing little mini-tournaments every couple of weeks for all the local people. I think you pay like 10 bucks to enter. Not sure what you get if you win. You probably get your 10 bucks back and some free beer. They use the money to buy more stuff for the field. There aren't any refs, so they don't have to worry about paying them. It's really just a way to get a lot of people together. The tournament will end quickly, then there are a buttload of people who want to play some rec ball.

I'm gonna try to set up the 'north country circuit' this summer. We'll play at their field, then at mine, then at anyone elses house who has a field around me (which is a lot of people). If you live up in the north country then let me know. The more people the better, and we always have a good time.

Benfica4ever
04-19-2003, 03:29 PM
case of paintballs-60$
tank fill-5$
shooting newbies-pricless

WARPED1
04-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Save the beer for after the tournie. Beer and ball do not mix well.

Off topic: Squid, when did you move to Arizona? I thought you lived near/in Tampa Fl.?

gimp
04-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Just because they play with spyders and tippmans doesn't make them newbies. The people who built these fields are actuallly quite good. I think they'd do pretty well in a regular tournament. It would take them a few games to get used to a supair field, but they'd pick it up quick. I always get the impression that newbie refers to how familiar you are with paintball technology, rather than how good you are at playing it.

It is fun shooting real newbies though :) I was at a field a few weeks ago, and a group of kids were playing. It was their first try. They were really aggressive, it was pretty sweet. One kid ran almost all the way down the tape off the start. He took out a few guys. Then, when he got shot he yelled and fell over like he got shot by a real gun. It was the funniest thing.

Benfica4ever
04-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I say newbies because they barley know anything about paintballl......

EsPo
04-19-2003, 03:54 PM
braks just mad cause he aint good at speedball ;)

hogans is the hizzo..

yeah, this is kinda scary sounding.. now, do they serve beer to <b>everyone</b> ;):)

WARPED1
04-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Newbie to me is your first time playing and general knowledge of pb markers, rules, terms etc etc.
We were ALL newbies once. Every last one of us.

paint_munkey
04-19-2003, 05:27 PM
lol. that's great.
i'm assuming there was no chrono ?

gimp
04-19-2003, 05:54 PM
haha, yeah. We would shoot at some crappy old shed, and if it broke the rotten wood off, then you were shooting hot.

WARPED1
04-19-2003, 06:12 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ov3rmind
04-19-2003, 09:19 PM
haha, yeah. We would shoot at some crappy old shed, and if it broke the rotten wood off, then you were shooting hot.
That crosses the line from funny to unsafe.

BobTheCow
04-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Wow, not to sound like a geezer or anything, but a pocket chrono costs what, like fifty bucks?? Get five people to play in one of those "tournies" and they'd be set... :rolleyes:

WARPED1
04-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Buy less beer, then a handheld chrono. I think they actualy go for $79.

BobTheCow
04-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Thanks warped... my non-researchage before postage prevails once again. :)

FalconGuy016
04-19-2003, 10:54 PM
We should go buy farmland in PA or something and make a field like this :)

-=Squid=-
04-19-2003, 11:23 PM
WARPED1, I never lived in florida, and I dont live in arizona either. AR is arkansas :D ;) :p

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Duh, thats right, Arkansas. I thought you lived in Tampa, I guess I got you confused with someone else!

gimp
04-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

That crosses the line from funny to unsafe.

It's really not that unsafe. If someones gun is shooting really hot, then you can just tell by watching it shoot. Then we'll just turn it down. I mean, it's not like it's gonna break bones or anything. So someone gets a bleeder, it's really not that bad. I get more beat up from diving and such then I do from getting shot. Maybe it's from all the bb gun wars, but I don't think that a paintball can really hurt you. We are really safe as far as masks go, so that covers the main safety factor. I'm pretty sure that most people wear cups, so that covers that too. I sure as hell wouldn't want to take a shot in the nuts!!

Everything is so laid back, a crono would just be a pain in the butt.

Ov3rmind
04-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Everything is so laid back, a crono would just be a pain in the butt. That is something I hope I never hear from any of my local fields. They need to buy a chrono, end of story.

Peach
04-20-2003, 03:12 AM
You have to remember... The inviornment there is very different -- more of a social gathering then an ego race.

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Peach
You have to remember... The inviornment there is very different -- more of a social gathering then an ego race. OMG! n00b statement of the day! You have to use a chrono, no matter how laid back things are!

gimp
04-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I've been playing for about 6 years, the only time I use a chrono is when I go to real fields. The only times I actaully go to a commercial field are for tournaments, or practice for a specific tournament. You can tell if someone is shooting hot, it's easy to see. It's not like the people turn their velocity up on purpose. None of us are scared to get hit with a paintball. If you have a mask and a cup on, you don't really have to worry about anything.

BobTheCow
04-20-2003, 12:57 PM
So with that reasoning, every chrono ever bought/made was a complete waste of money, right?? Because every single paintballer in the world is completely honest, and guns' velocities NEVER change, even when the user doesn't adjust it on purpose... :rolleyes:
There's a reason chronos are around. Use them.

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 01:07 PM
I've been playing for about 6 years, the only time I use a chrono is when I go to real fields. The only times I actaully go to a commercial field are for tournaments, or practice for a specific tournament. You can tell if someone is shooting hot, it's easy to see. It's not like the people turn their velocity up on purpose. None of us are scared to get hit with a paintball. If you have a mask and a cup on, you don't really have to worry about anything. You cannot tell if a gun is shooting hot by look or sound a gun makes. You have to use a chrony.
I been playing 13 years and have never played a game without a chrony. I've left many private fields because they didn't have a chrony. So, I went out and bought one for my gear bag.
Wow, not flaming, but the statement you made was just plain dumb. Please sell your equipment and leave our game so we don't get a bad name being unsafe idiots who want to lose an eye. BTW, if you're shooting hot, a mask will just break if the FPS is high enough.

gimp
04-20-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm not saying chronos are bad, I'm just saying that if your playing with good friends, and people that are smart enough to keep the velocity down, I really don't think you need to worry about it.

I also believe that you can tell if a gun is shooting hot just by watching the paintball in most cases. I'm not talking like, a few fps hot. I mean, like, really really hot. I think that is pretty easy to spot.

People should use a chrono, but I don't think it's a mortal sin to go without one if your familiar enough with the game to know what is dangerous.

And lastly, you don't have to call me an idiot. I don't want a small disagreement to turn into namecalling.

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok, you're not an idiot, just doing idiotic things.

Peach
04-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
OMG! n00b statement of the day! You have to use a chrono, no matter how laid back things are!

Before you go around calling people "noobs" goto the place yourself and see. I was meerly speculating on what was said previously. I have not been there, neither have you. Try reading to understand, not just going off on people because you read 1 sentence you don't agree with. Maybe you should ask WHY they think that way instead of just being an ***. Think about that warped.

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 02:28 PM
That was a stupid thing to say, based on fact or just what you heard, and it was something a n00b would say,. I thought plenty about it before I posted it, I thought we were trying to get a clean, safe image for the game? Not a beer swilling, no care for safety game?:rolleyes:

Paintchucker
04-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Hunter
what state are all of these hick places in?

Out in the sticks of IOWA... ROFLMAO...

Peach
04-20-2003, 03:26 PM
That was a stupid thing to say, based on fact or just what you heard, and it was something a n00b would say,. I thought plenty about it before I posted it, I thought we were trying to get a clean, safe image for the game? Not a beer swilling, no care for safety game?:rolleyes:

It's probably safer than most "high quality" fields.

-=Squid=-
04-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Ok, your playing in the backyard with friends, a chrony is NOT necessary. Goggles can withstand MUCH higher than 300fps, and it doesnt hurt much more anyways! And yes, you can generally tell if its shooting hot. Now, this is pointless, but like I said, its NOT needed.

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Ok, your playing in the backyard with friends, a chrony is NOT necessary. Goggles can withstand MUCH higher than 300fps, and it doesnt hurt much more anyways! And yes, you can generally tell if its shooting hot. Now, this is pointless, but like I said, its NOT needed.
Yes, it is. Why is playing in the backyard any differen't? Are the pb's better behaved and promise not to knock your eye out?
And they will break your gogs, not in one shot, but sustained fire, like getting bunkered, then bonus balled like 12 times.
Look at the ASTM.

BobTheCow
04-20-2003, 08:54 PM
There's a reason that fields chrono at 290 or 300 fps, it's not some arbitrary number they pulled out of the air. Goggles are designed to hold up against 300 fps, maybe a little bit more but not repeatedly. Even if you THINK you are shooting okay, because last time you chrono'd at 290, things change. No gun is perfect, no air system is perfect, and many other conditions can change which could affect velocity, <b>even if you don't realize it.</b> Thus, chronos are used. If they weren't needed, they wouldn't be used... but they ARE needed, so they ARE (or at least at respectable, safe fields) used!!

WARPED1
04-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
There's a reason that fields chrono at 290 or 300 fps, it's not some arbitrary number they pulled out of the air. Goggles are designed to hold up against 300 fps, maybe a little bit more but not repeatedly. Even if you THINK you are shooting okay, because last time you chrono'd at 290, things change. No gun is perfect, no air system is perfect, and many other conditions can change which could affect velocity, <b>even if you don't realize it.</b> Thus, chronos are used. If they weren't needed, they wouldn't be used... but they ARE needed, so they ARE (or at least at respectable, safe fields) used!! AMEN BRUTHA! BOB SEES THE LIGHT!

Ov3rmind
04-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Even though goggles are made to sustain 300 fps, you can never be too sure. I've seen a brand new lense get thick cracks (large enough to need to replace the lense) from an upclose bunker move in the 290-300 fps range. What if his gun was letting the pressure creep? How bad could the damage have really been? Just buy a chrony, you can't put a price on safety.

gimp
04-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I don't think you know how cheap I am, I can put a price on almost anything. ;) It's a risk I'm willing to take. I've heard of goggles getting cracked, but I've never heard of anyone actually getting eye injuries while wearing goggles. I'd like to see pictures of some goggles that were shot through with a paintball. I'd be sure not to buy that brand.

sneakyhacker420
04-20-2003, 10:59 PM
once i played at a field in vermont and every 4 out of 5 people had a gun made by brass eagle... and i had my spyder AMG at the time... and half of them were amazed at the 11 bps i could get out of it :rolleyes:

i'm going back there this summer when i visit my uncle, and this time, i'm bringing my SneakyMag that i can rip out 21 bps on... and they allow full auto there... so i think i'll stick the .736 pin in my valve, then i can do 26 bps full auto runaway :eek:... mmmmm thats gonna be some fun shyt :p

^ atleast they have chronos at the field in VT :rolleyes:

FESTUS33
04-20-2003, 11:08 PM
I don't think you know how cheap I am, I can put a price on almost anything. ;) It's a risk I'm willing to take.

How Much is You're Sight Worth to You?
You get what You Pay For!
I replace Lense's every 8 week's whether they've taken Hit's or Not!! And that does'nt even take into account the fact that I will start every Tourny I play, with New Lense's in all Three set's of goggle's I own. Whether I use them in that Tourny or not!!
Ask almost any Wi. AO'er I admit to being an Alcoholic{I am, I've even been too meeting's}BUT EVEN I WILL TELL YOU, "ALCOHOL AND GUN'S DON'T MIX" Does'nt matter if you are talking about Real Gun's or Paintball Gun's. If you are "STUPID" enough to play where there is not a Chrono available {and they don't seem to care}YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! {Moron!}
Rick :eek:

-=Squid=-
04-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Jesus men, of course its necessary on a field, but in your backyard? Cmon! Dont be girls! Even if you have some crappy goggles that CANNOT take ( :rolleyes: ) more than a few hot shots what are the odds it GOES THROUGH them and causes injury? Cmon! What else ya got that makes chronos necessary for some cheesy backyard ballin!

WARPED1
04-21-2003, 12:57 AM
And the Pie brothers present a united front!:D
Just ignore Squid, he's talkin out his butt again.:rolleyes:

Digits
04-21-2003, 03:29 AM

Yes, it is. Why is playing in the backyard any differen't? Are the pb's better behaved and promise not to knock your eye out?
And they will break your gogs, not in one shot, but sustained fire, like getting bunkered, then bonus balled like 12 times.
Look at the ASTM.

What kind of friends bonus ball someone 12 times while playing in there backyard.. Come on now, lets be realistic..

WARPED1
04-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Feces occurs.
Plus if your gogs are cracked, unknown to you, 3 0r 4 shots will crack the lens.

gamarada717
04-22-2003, 09:34 PM
I little off topic, no? Well, I'll input anyway. I believe that using a chrony is a good idea. Besides, if you go much higher than 300fps your paint doesn't always fly as straight. When I play out in the woods with my friends, I don't use a chrony. But, if I had one, I would. I've taken a few bleeders, and sure, they hurt. But who cares. I think welts are kinda cool ;) And I seriously doubt many masks have been cracked or broken. So, I will finish this off by saying....Chronies should be used more often. I just don't want to spend money on one. Shooting hot can be kinda fun too....:)

FESTUS33
04-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Fact is No Matter what paint I've shot in the past 13 YEAR'S of playing Paintball, the Best and Most Accurate Velocity to shoot a Paintball at is 275 fps. It get's there with enough Steam to break and leave a mark that count's, and it fly's more consistently {ACCURATELY}. Even in Tourny situation's I walk on the field at 275, even though they allow Me 290. Why? My ball's fly more accurately, and I DO'NT WORRY ABOUT "HOT GUN PENALTIE'S"
GEEZEE!! You can buy a VLocity chrono {PIECE of CRAP but Better than Nothing!} at Wal Mart for $15.00.
Point is, You are a "FOOL" {Read IDIOT!} if You Ever Play at a field or "Back Yard" Without a Chrono.
This Game is NOT WORTH YOU'RE Sense of SIGHT!
Rick:p

Paintchucker
04-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by gamarada717
Shooting hot can be kinda fun too....:)

Can't wait to read about this one in the papers. :(

Paintball is fun enough within the safety parameters of the game. If you aren't going to get a chrony, have everyone shoot their own googles(on a target, not on a human) from 10' as a minimum safety test. I would still recommend the chrony. My co-workers son doesn't see so well out of his left eye anymore...

ScatterPlot
04-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Man, Ive been playin for like 3 or 4 years and have never once had any real velocity problems. I meanyeah chronos definately for people in tourneys and if you have one, but if you dont have one then oh no shucks for you, just make sure everyone understands the rules about overshooting and all, and if youre in the woods this doesnt matter much anyway cause how can you really bunker someone in the woods anyway? Just look at the paint, if its shooting a little over and you dont catch it when shooting dont worry about it, youre not gonna get your goggles shot out by a paintball or two going 302 fps. You will be able to see if its going like 325 or something, you dont have to play paintball for long before you can see if its dangerously overshooting or not.

WARPED1
04-22-2003, 11:27 PM
I think I'll go play some backyard 'ball and lose my vision!

-=Squid=-
04-23-2003, 07:44 AM
To everyone that thinks its foolish to not use a chrono in backyard ball: You sir are an idiot! Who cares? Again..how many shots would it take to go THROUGH the lense and knock your eye out? On top of that, as stated previously, you CAN tell if your shooting way hot...or even a little over 300 for that matter! You can tell if you are shooting SO hot you will blast a PAINTBALL through somebodys gogs!

WARPED1
04-23-2003, 07:59 AM
The law cares. What if, god forbid, your goggles did fail? Well, the police would confiscate all your equipment first. You'd never see it again. Then the land owner would get sued by the city or county, the injured party could sue, but I doubt that would happen seeing as how it's a friend. But first and foremost, the person would now be blind!

-=Squid=-
04-23-2003, 03:31 PM
The law cares. What if, god forbid, your goggles did fail? Well, the police would confiscate all your equipment first. You'd never see it again. Then the land owner would get sued by the city or county, the injured party could sue, but I doubt that would happen seeing as how it's a friend. But first and foremost, the person would now be blind!

Im done replying, this is stupid and you know it.

covadsucks
04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
To everyone that thinks its foolish to not use a chrono in backyard ball: You sir are an idiot! Who cares? Again..how many shots would it take to go THROUGH the lense and knock your eye out? On top of that, as stated previously, you CAN tell if your shooting way hot...or even a little over 300 for that matter! You can tell if you are shooting SO hot you will blast a PAINTBALL through somebodys gogs!

Wow, that was an intelligent, well thought out statement.:rolleyes: You must've been dropped a lot as a baby.