PDA

View Full Version : Psyco Ballistics Aradus

willboy_2
04-06-2003, 10:44 PM
ok, like many of u, i'm about to chunk out the old body and get a ule. With this of course comes out my mag threaded barrel so i'm back on the barrel market. I have become interested in the aradus ,(with cocker threads of course),and would like some performance feedback. I also read that some velocity dropoff occured with the cocker, but wouldn't a mag's much higher running preasure correct this? Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks....WillBoy :confused:

adam shannon
04-06-2003, 10:49 PM
i read in one of the PB mags that it was actually recalled by psycho ballistics after problems with drop off, im not sure wether its been fixed and re-issued or discontinued. if its still on their site then they must have fixed the problem....if your getting it from a website do a little research to make sure it hasnt been discontinued and the site is just trying to sell them anyways and stick you with a bad product.

my suggestion is a freak junior kit. the new freak juniors cost around $100-$125 and come with one back, one tip, and 3 inserts.

RRfireblade
04-06-2003, 10:58 PM
The original Aradus problem has been fixed.If you had an older one they fixed them for you also.

Freak Jr.s are for spyders and tippmans.

Jay.

adam shannon
04-06-2003, 11:01 PM
the old freak juniors were. the new kits they are calling freak junior is just a scaled down freak kit as i posted above.

askman
04-07-2003, 01:01 AM
I've used the aradus. I believe psycho ballistic no longer makes them , but I believe another company sells them. I remember warpig article about it. (katana barrel?)

anyway, it was not a bad barrel. the bigges problem I had, was that it would change setting too easily, unless I had it locked with the ring. (i was barrel chopping like mad, until I realized that it moved down to smaller size)

Low pressure gun had problem with shootdown, but it was fixed.

I prefer my freak set. of course, you can pick up the aradus for cheap used probably...

adam shannon
04-07-2003, 01:06 AM
ronin gear still makes their version. from what i read at the pig they are both made by the same shop just renamed and branded by psycho and ronin.