PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Spyderd68
04-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Ok here is the deal, I have about 300-350 to spend on a gun.

Here is the background:
I was thinking some sort of powerfeed mag used, something that I can put a level 10 in, and that will mainly be used for rec purposes but will see a few local 3 on 3 tournements. I still don't really understand the mag r/t or r/t pro. I dont want to have to worry about chopping balls, and i dont really care if i can shoot 20+ bps. I want a gun with some longer range accuracy. I am not limited to mags, if someone presented a good enough case i would buy a cocker. Thanks for taking the time to read/answer cuz i know this isnt a easy yes/no question.

Thanks
Dave

askman
04-07-2003, 12:03 PM
you can pick up a brand new mag with bottomline and barrel for 270.(powerfeed) level x is another 70-80 bucks, so you can do it brand new one. classic mags are fine. fast enough for 10bps. you won't chop. setting up is easy, (just follow the direction in the CD) You should be able to find used mag with levelx for 250 or so.

other options:

Bushmaster BKO for 270 new. good basic electro, that can be upgraded.

Cocker: 2k2 stock is about 300 new. used for 250. Cockers are good, reliable(as long as you don't mess with it) and upgradeable. Timing is an issue, but not too hard to learn to time.

Dayspring
04-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Just an FYI- one gun does not give more range than another with the exception of the Tippmann Flatline barrel. (Which breaks more than it shoots if not set up correctly.)

Distance is determined by velocity. Two different guns shooting at the same velocity with a good paint to barrel match will shoot the same distance.

As for the RT valve- there isn't much to understand. Put the valve in, go to town. It's like any other mag valve except it pushes the trigger back to firing position faster. That's it.

The level 10 can go into ANY mag. Classic, Mini, Micro, E, RT, RT Pro, X. (You can kill two birds with one stone if you get the X-Valve. )

As for reliability- Mags are second to none for duabiltiy and reliability. Any problems usually stem from orings, which a rebuild kit can take care of.

Plus, their customer support and internet support (AO) are also the best in the market. What other company has their CEO posting on the forums themselves and traveling across the country to meet internet members?

Wc Keep
04-07-2003, 12:36 PM
i have never had a problem with my mag :D thanks agd!!!