PDA

View Full Version : On/Off Top question?

Big'n slo
04-07-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm rebuilding a used classic valve that I got, I pulled the on/off assembly out and the top is crown shaped? Is this normal? I assume its not.
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/on_off_top_lg.jpg

When compared to this picture my top does not have a full round top on it. It looks like a crown, a full disc on the bottom and three legs sticking up from it.

Smokee_2_7
04-07-2003, 10:25 AM
You have an older style on/off top. The peice was re-designed for better air flow. The gun will work with the part you have, but I would suggest that you order a new one.

Carl

Big'n slo
04-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Thats what I was thinking, I tested the valve when I first got it and after one shot it leaks down the barrel unless you hold the trigger back. I thought this top might cause the problem.

Smokee_2_7
04-07-2003, 10:49 AM
when you get in touch with AGD for the new top, also request a video and manual for the gun, if you don't have one already.

if you have a leak down the barrel and it stops when you hold the tigger back, it's either that the power tube o-ring has gone bad, or that your power tube spacer is too long. (Im assuming that you are not running lvl 10)

Carl

Big'n slo
04-07-2003, 10:54 AM
I do have the manual and video from my first mag (pre Star)
I'm replacing all the rings in this new-to-me valve but I have no other spacers. Guess I'll get a set of those too.
Thanks for the help.