PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 reset on emag.

hitech
04-07-2003, 12:08 PM
For those of you who have a level 10 emag, does it properly "reset" when it stops on a ball? If it has never happened, try putting something in the way and forcing a reset. What happens?

adam shannon
04-07-2003, 12:32 PM
my new level 10 on the x-valve wasnt resetting till i switched to the longest spring. my old on minimag valve operated perfectly on the cut spring.

before i switched to the longest spring it wouldnt reset...just sit there out of battery till i pushed the bolt back manually. but now with the tweak no problems...no chops.

JAM
04-07-2003, 02:35 PM
yeah, I've never had any problem with it resetting, evne with the short spring... maybe you need a slightly looser carrier oring?

Dayspring
04-07-2003, 02:53 PM
I agree Jam...

Too tight a carrier can lead to bolt stick either going forward or coming back.

Also, make sure you get it nice and lubed. Friction is a bad thing with Level 10, as it can render it inoperable, or REALLY slow.

Cypres0099
04-07-2003, 03:49 PM
I used to have problems with my level 10 stopping on a ball and not reseting, until I found the right number of shims.

Russ
04-07-2003, 03:55 PM
#2 carrier
2 shims
longest spring

...never had a problem, resets perfectly :)

SSJ4_Goku
04-07-2003, 04:02 PM
From what your saying, it could be a combination of shims, carriers, and springs, as well as possible velocity?

Phil
04-07-2003, 04:28 PM
The way I understand it, and I could be wrong, is that: Shims move the carrier forward with more and backward less. This dictates the point at which the foreward stroke of the bolt begins its "full blow". This also dictates how far the bolt can travel forward and still piffel on the painball without breaking. Carriers adjust the amount of tension that the O-ring places on the bolt shaft. Springs adjust the amount of tension that is pushing back on the bolt.

Phil

hitech
04-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. I believe that I am using the largest carrier that does not leak (I went one larger after it broke in). I only have 1 shim, but 2 leak. I already use to much oil. ;) I tried the longest spring and it resets much better now. :D I was curious if everyone else with emags was having this problem or not. I don't have an emag, but a hypermag with the new board. I have the solenoid dwell at 30ms (that same as an emag).

JEDI
04-08-2003, 10:22 AM
I have: .5 carrier, short spring, 2 shims. Resets fine, no chops. Is this an odd set up that technically should not work?