PDA

View Full Version : WDP Speed, 30bps RT Killer

GT
04-07-2003, 01:18 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=733556#post733556

30bps wow, I need a vid. What do you guys think?

jb

DWill
04-07-2003, 01:26 PM
On semi...thats awfully hard to believe but who knows. I would like too see a video of it being done.

ChucktheMAGician
04-07-2003, 01:37 PM
What is the sensi? It says that it must be activated to hit 30BPS.

shartley
04-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
What is the sensi? It says that it must be activated to hit 30BPS.
;) Someone READS! :D

*ArKfEaR*
04-07-2003, 01:45 PM
SENSI = KUNG FOO MASTER

:D

read buddy

FooTemps
04-07-2003, 01:48 PM
don't you mean... senSEI... psh

anyway, sensei is just any teacher in general

shartley
04-07-2003, 01:53 PM
“5 Modes of fire (Semi-Automatic)”

Isn’t this a contradiction? Semi-Automatic means one shot per pull of the trigger. The E-Mag has 3 modes of fire in Semi-Automatic…. How can you have 5? Would anyone like to explain that?

ChucktheMAGician
04-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Shouldn't the emag just have 2 modes, semi and burst? There are 2 bursts to chose from but it's the same and they aren't semi if it only requires one pull? Yeah 5 semi modes seems impossible, perhaps they just mean 5 firing modes?

FooTemps
04-07-2003, 02:03 PM
burst isn't semi... the 3 modes of emag semi are manual semi, electro semi, and hybrid semi. I really don't know how you could get 5...

ChucktheMAGician
04-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Didn't think about the non-electric option thanks foo. Still as shartley mentioned how are there 5 semi modes?!

Dayspring
04-07-2003, 02:12 PM
I dunno. But I'd like to see them do 30bps without dropoff on the valve. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. :rolleyes:

Can anybody say X-Valve? :D

krafty
04-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Like the WAS Timmy boards or the 66.6 BPS Shocktech Bushmaster boards, the point of a 30 BPS semi is not to shoot that fast. It just can sense trigger input more quickly than other boards, meaning less 'missed' shots (pulling the trigger again before the board is able to sense another trigger input).

Just remember that when (I honestly don't remember.. Butters?) had the 30 BPS emag, they had to hook it directly to a SCUBA tank... I don't think we'll be seeing fields full of people shooting 30 rounds per second anytime soon.

DWill
04-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Lets define semi here. You pull the trigger then release it one ball is fired. Does any else of a different definition of semi-auto?

Toakes22
04-07-2003, 02:42 PM
I don't know about you guys but that gun looks SWEET. Can't wait to see more specs on it and a video of it shooting.

askman
04-07-2003, 02:52 PM
realistically,5 mode. 1, 3, 6 burst, manual and hybrid.

you can also change bps in 3 of the mode.

rehme
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
have to see it to believe it

FlagCarrier
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
i want a video. i rarely believe ROF stats wo/ watching a gun in person. i go by how fast most people can shoot with a gun, not how fast a ROF the board can support.

CRog075
04-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

Can anybody say X-Valve? :D

Nope.

EsPo
04-07-2003, 03:56 PM
ok.. LED + spaceframe + Gated feed tube + ACE + new bolt + some new internals (hammer/ram.. i think) = 900.. not bad.

speed > emag (bash away people)

Xen
04-07-2003, 04:09 PM
ok for thoes of you that cant use your brain, Sensi is cops2 / ace. And its saying 5 modes of fire (including semi)

shartley
04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Xen
ok for thoes of you that cant use your brain, Sensi is cops2 / ace. And its saying 5 modes of fire (including semi)
Can't use our brains? We looked at the ad and read what it says.

You may be right that Sensi is cops2/ace... but they do NOT say that it is 5 modes of fire (including semi)... it says 5 modes of fire (semi-automatic). That is not the same thing..... not by a long shot. If they MEAN that, they should PUT that... but they don't.

We can only read what they print, and know what they actually say.

CRog075
04-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
ok.. LED + spaceframe + Gated feed tube + ACE + new bolt + some new internals (hammer/ram.. i think) = 900.. not bad.

Nope, I agree totally. I dont know much people who would pick an emag from the speed, besides the people here.

FlagCarrier
04-07-2003, 04:30 PM
j/w, but, why do you think they released it now, instead of after the nerve and the 03 shocker? that seems like a reasonable idea :confused:

Cristobal
04-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by krafty
Like the WAS Timmy boards or the 66.6 BPS Shocktech Bushmaster boards, the point of a 30 BPS semi is not to shoot that fast. It just can sense trigger input more quickly than other boards, meaning less 'missed' shots (pulling the trigger again before the board is able to sense another trigger input).

Sweet gun, but i don't think I agree with this explanation of the rational for 30bps. I see the speed of the gun and the "speed" of the name as marketing -- bragging rights :D

It seems to me (in a semi-auto gun) that the only way you're going to miss a "shot" even though you pulled the trigger is when you pull before the gun is ready. If a human can only make X pulls per second, then you merely need the gun to be able to cycle and shoot slightly faster to ensure that you don't have this situation.

Shooting at rates significantly faster than the human can pull is for non-semi modes of fire and bragging rights... not that there's anything wrong with bragging rights ;), especially when "image" plays such large role in selling paintball gear.

FooTemps
04-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Xen

I was responding to arkfear... he said sensi = kung foo master... I got confused for a second and decided to correct on his comment... I didn't know he was referring to the sensi in the ad (I didn't even look @ it)

magman007
04-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

Hmmm lets do the e-mags and how they come now....

Led, ule frame, pwfd, vert, or no rise feeds, lvl 10, x-valves.... and the best (IMHO ) trigger in the pb insustry... and a valve that wont get any measurable shoot down till 26...

800 e-mag> speed

You see, the same argument can be said, also, the new sluggo bodies are all comming out, so there are even more options that you can do....

Ive never seen some one change an angel body for another one, have you?

minimag187
04-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Well I like both, but the angel speed is supposed to be about $850 and comes with a space frame, and the other works. Not a bad deal at all, considering the xmag costs about $550 or so more. Im not bashing either, because I will probably be selling my gun to get something cheaper, and probably buy a computer with the leftover money.

Ov3rmind
04-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by magman007

No, there's also not a reason to either.

I knew this would become another Emag VS The World thread so I wont really comment on that beyond my first statement.

All I know, is that I'm considering this gun heavily as my next setup.

heftylefty
04-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Ov3rmind, same here. im considering selling my mag and buying one of these angels. but i would liek to see a video before i buy it.

magman007
04-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Right, i didn not mean for it to turn into a nother e-mag vs the world thread, but apparently espo had to bring it up, i just wanted to show ,that the standard e-mag, can compete with the things he listed.

They are both great markers, and whether you are more comefortable with a stingray, e-mag, impy, timmy, or angel, its all up to you.

Personally, i cant get any rof from an angel, as with the e-mag's magnetic trigger, i can ger great rof... I think 14 bps isnt too bad for walking now is it?

IM just saying, that id espo or some one comes in here, saying that one marker is better than the other, when neither is better in these categories of high end markers.

What im saying is that when the price is up this high, its really what you like more, for me its an e-mag, for espo, it appears to be his impy or an angel, or another micro switch opperated electro...

But, if some one comes in slamming, then they should go out slammed

MAGma 14
04-07-2003, 08:33 PM
thats hard to belive

demonguy8
04-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by magman007

Hmmm lets do the e-mags and how they come now....

Led, ule frame, pwfd, vert, or no rise feeds, lvl 10, x-valves.... and the best (IMHO ) trigger in the pb insustry... and a valve that wont get any measurable shoot down till 26...

800 e-mag> speed

You see, the same argument can be said, also, the new sluggo bodies are all comming out, so there are even more options that you can do....

The problem is... all the stuff he listed comes STOCK, while only SOME of the things you listed do.. He was making the point that you are getting a whole lot of gun for the money.

If nothing else its, a no frills IR3 with a price tag UNDER what timmys go for now (which are THIS angel's main competition along with emags and i think the new shockers).... but dont get all in huff about some new gun possibly getting more bang for the buck than your precious emag.. If this is as well recieved as Id be willing to bet it will be, the price of both emags and timmys will change to stay competitive.. So either way, it benifits pretty much everyone.

And in response to the why dont they release it AFTER the shocker question.. well if a kid buys an angel cuz its released and the shocker isnt.. then he ISNT going to go buy a shocker in 2 weeks now is he? (unless hes dirtybunny in which case hell buy the angel and sell it in time for the shocker..) <---(no offense bunny)

Edit: [inserts senseless flame for sake of humour,plz dont respond to this] Maybe angel owners dont change their angel bodies cuz the bodies actually look good the first time? :eek: :rolleyes:

GT
04-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by demonguy8

Edit: [inserts senseless flame for sake of humour,plz dont respond to this] Maybe angel owners dont change their angel bodies cuz the bodies actually look good the first time? :eek: :rolleyes:

bing bing you win a prize!!!

Seriously,
the one thing that is keeping me from buying and xmag is the effenecy. Every play with an angel on a full 68/4500?

BTW it is just the new name for cops, sorry no ace. I would like to see the 30 bps.
jb

WARPED1
04-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Helluva deal for $850! I'd buy one in a second!

minimag187
04-08-2003, 08:53 AM
$899 is actually what it costs i think.

Reo5th
04-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8

Exactly. How many X-Mag owners plan on trading their bodies in for a rail and a sluggo? Anyone? Anyone?

cphilip
04-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Reo5th

Exactly. How many X-Mag owners plan on trading their bodies in for a rail and a sluggo? Anyone? Anyone?

What the heck are you talking about? :rolleyes: Go back and look at the body profile pictures fella's. We still got the tightest *** in da Business! :D

Stick to talking about the marker would ya. I think its real nice but still the claimed increase shots to 1450 on a 68/4500 sure doesn't impress me too much. It's maybe 200 or 250 more than the X mag but if thats the big "improvment" then some a you Angel people been exagerating your tank to shot efficenies for a while here...

maximum
04-08-2003, 10:09 AM
$850-900? SIGN ME UP!

- Maximum

WARPED1
04-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by maximum
$850-900? SIGN ME UP!

- Maximum
Then a nice preset tank, bling bling, good to go! Sign me up too! I'll take mine in blue please!

SkElL~ObIsSiS
04-08-2003, 12:46 PM
where can i get one of these things? they are pretty sexy and im liking the price tag

squidboy69
04-08-2003, 02:17 PM
the 'sensi' thingy is a pressure sensitive ball detector that weighs how many balls are on the stack, as well as any tension (halo/warp) and adjusts your rate of fire accordingly. So no COPS, just an ROF adjuster to maximize your returns.

joker4hire
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by squidboy69
the 'sensi' thingy is a pressure sensitive ball detector that weighs how many balls are on the stack, as well as any tension (halo/warp) and adjusts your rate of fire accordingly. So no COPS, just an ROF adjuster to maximize your returns.

If that's the case, then I wonder why it has to be on to get 30bps?

Reo5th
04-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

What the heck are you talking about? :rolleyes: Go back and look at the body profile pictures fella's. We still got the tightest *** in da Business! :D

Stick to talking about the marker would ya.

Uncle Phil buddy...

We were talking about the milling, not the profiles of the gun. Stick to what we're talking about would ya.

GT
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by squidboy69

hmmm...

this is what tag said

Cops is now the "Load Detection System" regardless of what it is called it means it has an antichop system built in

cphilip
04-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Reo5th

Uncle Phil buddy...

We were talking about the milling, not the profiles of the gun. Stick to what we're talking about would ya.

NOOOOO....you seem to be confused. You were asking if C&C people were going to trade their bodies for some reason. YOU Keep up!

And pointing out the smaller profile is part of my reply to that ludicrous idea...I have no idea what in the world you were trying to say. It made no sense to me and still doesn't

demonguy8
04-08-2003, 10:37 PM
I personally dont get why an X-mag was even brought into the conversation, since the only direct competion to this angel at that price would be the STANDARD emag and the intimidators. hence why my entire previous post and the coment that noone was supposed to reply to but somehow manages to still get the thread off track...:confused: