PDA

View Full Version : Tourny prizes...What would YOU play for???

jayloo
04-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Just curious to see what people are motivated to play for.

After voting tell why you chose that one and not the others.

BTAutoMag
04-07-2003, 02:42 PM
i would prefer a trophy because it gives bragging rights and you cant engrave a new tank with your teams name:)

pb gear would have been my next thing
then cash

fire1811
04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
non paintball stuff and a trophy

most ppl that play in bigger tourneys already have all the paintball things they need and probably more.

Will Wood
04-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Cash/paint and Trophy. Most people end up selling whatever they win, so prizes are mostely pointless. Money much better. And easier.

irbodden
04-07-2003, 03:17 PM
The thing is often times the guns are donated/given a discount by companies... So they might be able to offer 3 Impulses (Got them free/cheap from SP or some retailer), but if they gave cash payouts it would only be like $500 for the winners since it would be outta pocket..

But cash is definatly the best if it's a decent amount..

PzYcO
04-07-2003, 03:19 PM
trophy + cash + pbgear

Trophy + cash

trophy + pbgear

..etc

rehme
04-07-2003, 03:23 PM
well it dont really matter but cash would be easyier because there is sorta a team rule sorta thing if you want it you have to pay have price for it so we can get some money for the next tourney but yeah you do need a trophy also

FreshmanBob
04-07-2003, 03:29 PM
I'd rather have a trophy an cash, or even just a trophy, you don't neeed prizes, I just like competiting.

FlagCarrier
04-07-2003, 03:29 PM
paintball related stuff/gear would be the best. i think it is safe to assume that everyone in a tourny plays and enjoys playing paintball, whereas with other areas of prizes, you can't be sure of the interest level among players.

cris8762
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
MONEY! i have most of the gear i need (besides a NYX Trix, 88/45 stubby maxxy, full dye apparel and multiple bore size ultralites :D :D )

but in all seriousness, what most teams need is $$ to help with practices, paint, and tourney entry fees (although most winning teams get some of that covered by sponsorship)

here's a interesting thread over at FON about a local 5-man tourney that's been drawing some attention (you have to weed thru some of the bickering to get to the good discussion) : http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=970

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-07-2003, 03:39 PM
ANYTHING WORTH MORE THAN THE ENTRY FEE!!! :D

...lol seriously, I'd take anything worth more than the entry fee.

TigerMan
04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
What would I play for?...nothing.

I really wouldn't need any prize or anything, I just like to play and would feel getting to play against other teams is enough for me. Cause think about it, we've all played rec one time or another, and no prizes were involved, it was for fun and the love of just getting to play. Pride is enough for me to play really. I guess I like to play for the game, or as it's called. Once you start worrying about what your going to get for doing what or winning what, then it no longer becomes a game, and you lose your love for it because your playing for something else.

What would I be MOTIVATED to play for?...prizes.

I'd be motivated more and focus more time and money probably if prizes were involved. But it wouldn't be a necessity. It be fun to say I won something, like a marker or such. And it be a nice investment.

MantisMag
04-07-2003, 06:07 PM
i play for the women...

Fatjon
04-07-2003, 06:28 PM
I play for FUN. But i will take the free stuff

dmonahan
04-07-2003, 06:48 PM
The trophy girl!

darklord
04-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Cash and/or PB related stuff... personally I like cash, cause you can use it for anything you need, really. PB stuff is cool though, the problem is you may end up with something you don't need (i.e. second hopper, low end gun, etc.)

NCpaintballer
04-08-2003, 12:01 AM
cris8762,

Have you been playing the CMS? Our team was at the last one. We were team Aftermath. It was only our second 5 man tourney and the first time out as Novice. We did ok for the first time I think. There were a lot of strong teams and the reffing was excellent. A well run tourney, I hope we can show up for more.

Wc Keep
04-08-2003, 11:59 AM
i play for respect. i feel there is nothing better than when someone comes up to you and says he you played great, congrats.

WARPED1
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I like playing for pb related stuff or even gift certificates to pb stores, the nonpb prizes is stuff that I personaly don't care much for, I'm happy with my cheap $90 DVD, and cheap tv is good enough for me!
Extra pb stuff I can easily sell, or keep if it's an upgrade to my current setup.

Crazy
04-08-2003, 03:54 PM
cash + trophy or cash + gear, i won't play for just a trophy though.

FooTemps
04-08-2003, 04:30 PM
I'd probably play for more gear since a lot of my friends don't have enough gear or their gear sucks. I'd probably just give it away after I got what I needed... If I can't give it away then I'd sell it.

WARPED1
04-08-2003, 04:42 PM
If you can't give it away free, what makes you think you could get money for it?:D :p

Mag89
04-08-2003, 05:45 PM
I play paintball for fun but I would take the cash and paintball stuff if our team won.

DWill
04-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Paintball is an expensive sport and some extra cash is always handy.

CobraC
04-09-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm always down with a trophy for the team and a plaque for each player, besides that I think the best idea is not cash, but a store credit, that way you can give a larger sum of money because they have to spend it at the store. Then they get to decide what they want for pb gear, some people already have a few tanks and don't need another, so they would just go through the hassel of selling it. I don't see that done too much but I think it would work out well.