PDA

View Full Version : Two O-ring questions ...

lopxtc
04-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Two quick questions ...

1 -- Has anyone ever had problems with ungodly tight barrels on a mini-mag body? Mine was tight that it actually tore the back oring on the barrel.

2 -- Where can I get the oring that goes around the connection joint between the power-feed and body?

Thanks,

Aaron

LittMag
04-07-2003, 06:50 PM
1. I had issues with one of my regular mag bodies, some sandpaper helped, but still tight.

2. I've never had an o-ring on the outside of the body between the powerfeed tube and the body. If this is what you're talking about, I don't believe it's necessary.

-Litt

lopxtc
04-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Are you talking about sanding the inside of the body? or what ...

Also the oring on the outside covers the weld that joins the p/f to the body. Newer chrome and black bodies have them ..

Aaron

FordPrefect
04-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah, my Minimag's stock barrel is real tight too. I sometimes can't get it off while playing because A- I only have 2-3 inches to hold on too(short barrel, long body) and B- it is just so gosh darn tight. I'll oil the barrel orings like a mother and it only helps a tad bit.

Halliday
04-07-2003, 10:21 PM
For a PF-body o-ring, I just took a fashionable black tank o-ring and stretched it on.

sneakyhacker420
04-08-2003, 07:55 PM
wtf? a powerfeed body o-ring? why would you need one of thoes? or are you talking about the o-ring on the powerfeed plug?

Pullman
04-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,

If you take the trigger frame/grip off the rail you will see the bottom of your twist lock (the little brass thing that goes right through the rail). There is a little hex head bolt in there. That controls the tension on the spring under your twistlock nubbin. Back that off a turn or two and that should take care of your problem. Don't make it too loose. You will probably have to experiment a little to get it just right but once it is your barrel will go in and lock tight, but you will be able to yank it back off just as easily. Hope that helps.

Marlin

jwyke
04-09-2003, 05:18 PM
2. I know which oring you are talking about. I don't know if it is necessary or just for looks. Mine got messed up so I replaced it with an o-ring I got at Home Depot in the plumbing section.