PDA

View Full Version : Slight lvl 10 problem

BunkerRat
04-07-2003, 05:11 PM
I used my RT Pro with the new lvl 10 bolt installed yesterday,I thought I had everything tweeked out like chrono,carrier,and bolt spring.I modified my longest bolt spring to work because the shortest one was all I could use so I cut it a little longer then the shortest and shorter then the middle, seemed to be cool.After it would sit a while not being shot my bolt would stick and I would have to push it back with my squeegie to reset it.My question is is the bolt spring still a little to long and would that be the cause.All in all it was good till I slid in a bunker and busted my knee having to go get stitches hehe the lady at the ER ask me what happend and I said I was playing paintball she replied PING PONG hehe I guess it was odd to her for a 30 year old to be out running around hehe.

Mav D MagMan
04-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I'd attribute it to having too long a spring (once I started using the middle/small spring my bolt stick went away).

Also if you use one of the smaller springs (but at the minimum velocities/imput pressures) it will get stuck after it sits for a bit and you'll have to reset. (just fyi)

Mav

athomas
04-08-2003, 01:49 PM
If the gun seems to funtion normally when you are constantly firing then you probably have the proper spring. Sticking after sitting for a period of time usually indicates a carrier that is too small. Try a carrier that is one size larger.

sneakyhacker420
04-08-2003, 07:13 PM
go to the link in my signature

make sure your carrier is the right size

make sure that your PT o-rings are well oiled

add more shims if bolt stick continues

^ all of this is explained in the LX instructions in my sig. :D