PDA

View Full Version : Drop Dilemma

theraidenproject
04-07-2003, 06:28 PM
I have a problem. On my Emag, I have a screw-in nitro tank, mounted on a KAPP ASA, on a short Shocktech drop. However, either the nipple cover can not come off without unscrewing the tank, or the on/off knob can not be screwed in all the way, there is no in-between where I can do both. What can I do? Can the fill nipple and burst disk (I think that's what that is) on the right be switched? Can I do that myself (I would, of course, empty the remaining air) or does a store need to do it for me? Thanks.

Tim Taylor
04-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Try a tank o-ring in the asa. This should allow the tank to be 1/4 turn out but still tight.

theraidenproject
04-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tim Taylor
Try a tank o-ring in the asa. This should allow the tank to be 1/4 turn out but still tight.
Great idea! I'm going to try that in a few minutes. Stay tuned...

theraidenproject
04-07-2003, 09:33 PM
It works... or seems to. It allowed me to adjust the ASA to a place where the on/off could go all the way and the fill nipple could be accessed. However, it either put the tank's pin too far away from the ASA's pin (even with the ASA screwed in all the way), or I have so little air in the tank, I can't hear it coming out, or it's 100% empty. The latter is actually feasible, since when I realized there wasn't enough tank pressure to fire the Emag with, I just turned the tank on, without the hose attached. Next fill I get, hopefuly soon, I will see which is the case. Thanks again for the tip.

sneakyhacker420
04-08-2003, 07:38 PM
i have the same problem with my smart parts drop... when you get your tank filled, just unscrew your tank half a turn or so, so that the fill nipple is accessable

theraidenproject
04-08-2003, 07:47 PM
It works perfectly. Thanks for the tip, Tim.