PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro is awsome, but not very Reactive?

DyNasTy
04-07-2003, 10:22 PM
My RT shoots great exp with level 10, but I dont know how to make it reactive. The trigger I would compare to a stock cocker with a slide maybe hinge un adjusted. Its not hte best for me, however it does kick back to reset the trigger quiet well. Anyway to adjsut the trigger on it, and possibly adjust the reactiveness of the trigger?

Dayspring
04-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Crank up your input pressure on your tank.

adam shannon
04-07-2003, 10:28 PM
what kind of tank are you using...fixed or adjustable? whats the out pressure?

rt's and xvalves like 850+ psi to get the most reactivity.

DyNasTy
04-07-2003, 10:29 PM
next question, what if u dont have an adjustable tank? i have a 68 4500 pmi

DaosBeoulve
04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Sure there is Dynasty=)

The reactiveness of the trigger is directly corellated with your input pressure (coming from your tank).

So, the higher the input pressure, the more reactive your trigger will be. If you have a preset (most screw-ins), there isn't much way to adjust this, however...

If you don't have an adjustable, find someone with an adjustable tank, and see if they'll let you play around with the input pressure. You'll see the difference in reactivity on your Pro.

I have a 850 psi preset. The reactivity is perfect for me. Hope this helps.

(edit-heh see, I load AO, walk out of the room, and come back to the thread I was reading, and people have already answered the question I was going to... bleh gotta be quicker, I suppose=)

adam shannon
04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
im not really up to speed on pmi tanks but i do think they come in 450psi and 850 psi fixed output. find out what yours is. i have a 68/5k pure energy thats fixed at 850psi. i dont get super reactivity...but it aint shabby either.

Jack & Coke
04-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Don't forget about the on/off pin length... (opps! I let the cat out of the bag... nevermind! ;))

*takes cover and runs for the hills before the anti-sweet-spotting gang bring the smack down*:eek:

Brian68mag
04-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
im not really up to speed on pmi tanks but i do think they come in 450psi and 850 psi fixed output. find out what yours is. i have a 68/5k pure energy thats fixed at 850psi. i dont get super reactivity...but it aint shabby either.
My freinds that broke is 800 psi i believe.
I'd recommend a crossfire or a nitroduck.
My duck works great on the emag.

JEDI
04-08-2003, 07:41 AM
I used to run about 1000 psi into that gun. You should be able to get it to fly. You do need an adjustable tank though to get it that reactive.

Mossman
04-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Matt the only way besides input from your tank is some very slight on/off pin shaving.

TheJester
04-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
Matt the only way besides input from your tank is some very slight on/off pin shaving.

you can measure it and get a smaller 1 from the AGD store if you'd like. gunga says that's not a good idea though. i wouldn't recomend shaving it

FlagCarrier
04-08-2003, 03:45 PM
an adjustable tank is a very nice thing to have with a retro valve. if you set the output pressure around or above 875, you can get an extremely reactive trigger. try to trade your preset tank and cash for an adjustable in the buy/sell/trade forums, or follow the advice given by previous posters.