PDA

View Full Version : I dislike California

xrancid_milkx
04-07-2003, 11:30 PM
I'm so angry right now. My cousin just ran out of firecrackers that he brought from Florida with him. So we looked into getting some more. I found a website that sells 16,000 black cat fire crackers for $110.00! I know I would never need that many but thats just plain awesome. But when I checked out the shipping info, I found out its illegal to ship to California. I mean I knew it was illegal to buy them in california but not ship to. Its just one more fun thing that has been banned in california. *sigh* :(

Restola
04-07-2003, 11:31 PM
The government knows whats best for you... :rolleyes:

FactsOfLife
04-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Restola
The government knows whats best for you... :rolleyes:

yep. cradle to grave man...:mad:

pbzmag
04-08-2003, 12:02 AM
I think it's also a misdemeanor for possession of illegal fireworks.

RetroEclipseMan
04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm suprised that you can actually ship fireworks through the mail since I'm sure they're considered an explosive.

MagMan5446
04-08-2003, 01:10 AM
In the town next to me they're legal...

pbzmag
04-08-2003, 01:41 AM
I looked in the Internet and found some info about firecrackers and fireworks. Here's the link (http://www.fireworks-safety.com/plate.main/firemarshal/enforcement.html ). Under the Fireworks Provisions in the California Health and Safety Code, fireworks are excluded from the explosives law. Large firecracker items such as M-80, M-100, M-1000, Silver Salute, Brown Bomber, 1/4 stick, 1/2 stick, full stick, etc., are considered explosives. Not legal anywhere in the U.S. The term "Firecracker" means a device consisting of an explosive pyrotechnic in an amount not to exceed 50 milligrams (.772 grains) in weight in a fused contaner whose primary function is to produce an audible effect. All firecrackers are classified as "dangerous fireworks." Devices similar to construction to "firecracker" which exceed the specified weight shall be cansidered as EXPLOSIVES in accordance with Health and Safety Code 1200, et seq. The following are violations of the California H&S codes for "Dangerous Fireworks":

12676 - Sell, transfer, give or otherwise convey title of Dangerous fireworks unless receiver has a permit.
12677 - Possess Dangerous fireworks without a permit.
12680 - Place, throw, ignite, or discharge Dangerous fireworks at a person or crowd where injury can occur.
12689a - Sell, give, or deliver Dangerous fireworks to anyone under 18.

Looks like that firecrackers are legal with a legal permit.

Brak
04-08-2003, 08:03 AM
California diskiles you too.

Hamster Huey
04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Lol - I thought this was going to be another Iraq thread.

I feel your pain, though. NC prohibits the shipment of wine into the state. I imagine it's done to protect the in-state wine growers, which - as a rule - make very mediocre wine. So if you're out in Napa and find a nice chardonnay you like, you can't ship it back home. If you like the taste of a nice Aussie shiraz and find your favorite vintage online, you're out of luck if you want to buy a case to enjoy at home. Nazis...

lopxtc
04-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Not to mention that it posses a serious fire hazard ... given SoCal's typical dry seasons ...

There were times it was so dry we couldnt even fire tracers rounds for fear of setting the range on fire LOL ...

Aaron

Jonesie
04-08-2003, 08:57 AM
[CARTMAN VOICE] All those *darn* hippies in California! [/CARTMAN VOICE]

Never been there, hope to visit before it falls off into the ocean! :D

Later ~ Jonesie

Restola
04-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Never been there, hope to visit before it falls off into the ocean!
I hope it falls into the ocean before I'm forced to visit it :)

Thordic
04-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Black Cats are crap anyway :)

hitech
04-08-2003, 10:18 AM
I for one am all for the ban. I remember when they were legal. All kinds of fires every July 4th.

mag-hatter
04-08-2003, 12:19 PM
i hate california too. lets burn stuff.

Machina123
04-08-2003, 01:43 PM
i think banny fireworks are stupid. that makes kids like me and my friends get oftly bored with fireworks so we get are hands on some good ol fashion gun powder. ah the good times we have. good times.............

Just_a_Kid
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
i always have bottle rockets. I sell them at school for 3 for 5 dollars. I buy them out of state for 2 dollars for 9:D I make bank!

About wine, you can ship it out of state or into state, but you just have to do it right. If it's a sample it's okay. My dad's winery ships it every week both in and out.

Just_a_Kid
04-08-2003, 03:06 PM
oh yeah, forgot to include my favorite recipe for a boom that will give old neighbors a heart attack. 1/2-1 20 gauge shell (or 2 picolo petes) worth of powder in a 20oz. soda bottle. put a little hole in the cap and bend the fuse like an "L", like this

put one side in the hole so that half is hanging out on top. light and run. It sounds like an m-80.

P.S. run far!

Vendetta
04-08-2003, 04:50 PM
i hate california too. lets burn stuff.

I like California. It's all those borring states in the middle that I hate;) :D

Restola
04-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta
I like California. It's all those borring states in the middle that I hate;) :D
Those of us from the "fly-over" states give you something to hate. The "left" coast gives us something to hate.

But who hates you New York...

Vendetta
04-08-2003, 05:01 PM
But who hates you New York...

Sadly, no one:(

Give it a few decades and everyone will again!

:)

Trigger_Happy
04-08-2003, 05:30 PM
OOOOH! OOOOOOOH! I'm pretty sure my uncle's, second cousin's, mailman's, dog's, puppy's, first owner's, sister's, 2nd aunt hates NY! Haha! ya hear that! You're unloved! Suckas!

Army
04-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Here in Calli, if it can fly, be ejected to explode later, or explode as designed, it's illegal to posess.

Way too many idiots were getting hurt, and way too many wild fires were getting lit with fireworks. It still happens regularly, but when the firestarter is caught, he is looking at multiple felonies.

9/10 wilfires here in Calli, are started by humans.

xrancid_milkx
04-08-2003, 06:28 PM
I guess I can just drive a little to Reno in Nevada to use those "illegal" fireworks. Its only a hour away. Kind of out of the way but nothing beats blowing stuff up :D

hitech
04-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Fireworks were a big problem here. Most of you saw the Oakland Hills Fire Storm on TV? I believe they suspected fireworks in that. Even if they did not, one fire cracker could have easily started that. :mad:

It isn't worth it.

sniper1rfa
04-08-2003, 06:41 PM
i got bac from california (and i want to go back and fight MORE robots) and all i have to say is... ITS SNOWING HERE! :-( THIS IS NOT NORTHEASTERN WEATHER, DAMMIT!

MagMan5446
04-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Good thing I live in napa and don't need to ship wine anywhere. Of course wine isn't for me....I live in the crappy part (the majority) of this town.

I hate New York. But anything between New York and L.A. is considered farmland by me.

giblit
04-08-2003, 08:08 PM
here in northern cali police dont exactly inforce the illegal fireworks. one of my neighbors is on the volentire fire patrol and weve been having a huge neighborhood 4th of july/new years party for like 7 years and we set off atleast 100 dollars of illegal fire works each time and he doesnt say a word.

SlipknotX556
04-08-2003, 09:33 PM
One good thing about florida....

Fireworks all year round.

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 09:44 AM
How can you hate California. California lifestyle is our major cultural export. Styles are set by the youth in Compton and then it spreads throughout the world. You guys want one of our major export industries to fall off into the ocean. That is UNamerican!!!!:D

Vex
04-09-2003, 11:34 AM
No one likes California--you either love it or you hate it.

People like to rag on it because of its liberal views and cutting-edge laws; however, 95% of the automobiles sold in the U.S. and Canada are produced to meet California emissions standards.

If you've never lived in California, then it's laws have never affected you; therefore, you aren't allowed to say anything bad about it--just eat your words and swallow your pride.

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 12:17 PM
In Oregon we historically hated California (not me as I was born in San Francisco). As we started getting high tech industries and wealth ourselves we started getting over our petty jealousies of our southern neighbor....:)

Just got back from a business trip to San Francisco. It appears that their economy is hurting BAD. High office space vacancy and increasing unemployment. SARS will be bad for them as they have strong links to asia. Hopefully they will pull out of it quickly as a poor San Francisco economy can only hurt us up here in the north as well.

Good time, however, to vacation there as it is cheaper than normal.

Vex
04-09-2003, 12:25 PM
As it turns out, SARS has only killed 4% of the total people infected with it. Most of the people are recovering from it--according to the FOX news ticker anyway.

hitech
04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by phazeshifter
People like to rag on it because of its liberal views and cutting-edge laws...

My wife always referred to CA as another country. Then when we drove out here from SC and when through the "border crossing" she was sure of it. :eek: ;)

Hamster Huey
04-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by hitech
My wife always referred to CA as another country.

Them and Texas, man.