PDA

View Full Version : on/off knob on max flo trouble

automagking182
04-08-2003, 06:44 PM
the on/off on my 68/3k max flow is not working. it doesnt completely cut off the air flow when i tighten the knob ive been told that there is a set ov o-rings that i need to replace, but i dont no were to buy these. ideas? (the orings might not be the problem) thanks

sneakyhacker420
04-08-2003, 07:01 PM
call or email smart parts, they should be able to mail you the part(s) that you need

automagking182
04-08-2003, 07:06 PM
ive emailed sp already but they havent responded yet but it hasent been that long since that so im still waitin for em thanks

Retromag
04-09-2003, 09:13 AM
MaxFlos have a common problem of the on/off oring getting tore up.

To get to the oring, make sure the tank is completly empty.
Then you have to remove the little retaining clip on the oppisite side of the on/off lever. Its real hard to get off. After you do get it off, the on/off should slide out. Look in side to see a small white oring, thats prolly messed up. I'm not sure what size oring it is, but you will prolly have to call SmartParts for a replacement. If the damage is only on one side of the oring, you may be able to flip the oring over for a temporary fix. Grease up the on/off before sliding it back in....

CobraC
04-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Don't email smart parts, you'll never, ever get a reply. Just call them back and ask for tech. Its confusing when the lady just answeres "Hello" sometimes, and then you think to your self, "Is this smart parts or what?". Just call, thats the only way you'll ever get an answer.

Demobilized
04-09-2003, 07:41 PM
I dont even have an o-ring, i don't think i do any ways!?:confused: