PDA

View Full Version : AGD Lions take 4th at Madness\Off to the Vegas NPPL

SteveD
04-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Well we're back from the Madness after a 4th place finish and I'm catching a flight shortly for Vegas for the NPPL Super 7. Scooter, from the Pride, posted some of the Madness pics in another thread (we don't have a digital camera). We tied with the Pride boys in the prelims and all three teams made the semi-finals. We maxed all of our semi games and went on to the finals without the other AGD teams (that's covered in the other thread, also) but Pride did get a raw deal. We lost our first game to Shooters and Looters and can't make any excuses, we just got picked. The second game we had a 2 on 1 goint but our luck just wasn't with us. Both Chester and I hit the last guy but Chester bounced the guy on his goggles and I bounced hin on his forearm. I, knowing I put that string right on him looked around my bunker, fully expecting to see him walking off the field, looked right into a paintball. Chester went at him one on one and couldn't get it done.

Now with two loses we were mathematically out of it. We still played the last game to win and this time it came down to Chance going after Farsides last player in another one on one. He knew he hit the guy in the gun\hopper but was taken out of the game. When the guy came to hang the flag he his verticle feed neck was covered with paint but was called clean by the ref. They said he rubbed against a bunker. I still haven't figured out how you can rub a gun with a vert hopper against one of those tall smooth back bunkers and get paint on a feed neck:confused:

All in all it was a great time and we'll try to do better at the Vegas NPPL this week. If you're in the area look us up. This will be the first time we'll be combining the AGD Kids with us for an NPPL tourney. Thanks to all of the AGD teams and staff, along with some of the AO-er's at the event, for their help and support. Congrats to Farside on their Am win, to the Syncronicity on their 5th place in the womens division. Too bad we couldn't have had all 3 AGD teams in the finals. Maybe next time. Wish us luck...I'm off to Vegas!

Steve D
AGD Lions

BajaBoy
04-08-2003, 06:55 PM
good job guys:) good luck in Vegas

WARPED1
04-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Nice job getting 4th. Lets show how MAGnificent you can be in Vegas! Mag dominance! Good luck! Any other AGD teams going?

hitech
04-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Good luck guys. I wish the timing was better so I could make the road trip.

AutomagRT1483
04-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Congrats Steve! Now you going to be back at Sam's anytime soon, I want to put some cash down on that X-Mag I ordered back in early March. I'm Geoff, the guy that ordered the Black to Red Fade X-mag.(Just for a point of refernece)