PDA

View Full Version : about that vietnam thread of mine...

MagMan5446
04-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it was for school. I probably should've made that more clear, but it's ok.

Thanks for the close?

-Jôker-
04-08-2003, 08:47 PM
btw the war lasted 15 years not 7

FalconGuy016
04-08-2003, 08:52 PM
The vietnam war lasted for 15 years :confused: I think not?

HoppysMag
04-08-2003, 08:55 PM
depends if u considere the time we had advisers in there or till we put actual troops down... i still dont know how long but its variable

-Jôker-
04-08-2003, 08:58 PM
my JROTC instuctor was in vietnam he said it was 15 years long...

pbguy888
04-08-2003, 09:01 PM
What kinda JROTC do yall have? We have AFJROTC. Im E3 - Senoir Airman. I think it might have lasted that long total , but the U.S. wasnt there that long.

-Jôker-
04-08-2003, 09:02 PM
army im a staff sgt;)

Machina123
04-08-2003, 09:19 PM
didnt the vietnam war end because america support for the war became to low and the media was shwoing pictures it should not have bean showing and never showed the good we were doing. also wasnt getting out of vietnam helping get votes for presidents. i rlly hate the media and how they get into everyhting. like murder.. i know this is off topic but they are always talking to the family who went through the tragedy wanting answers. i know if i was the famil i would probably go ape on the news guy and give em rabies.:mad:

Army
04-08-2003, 10:41 PM
The "Vietnam War" has been ongoing for over 200 years...but I digress.

US involvement began soon after WWII, as we propped up the French (hmm...) in their colonization of indochina.

Actual US military personel were first on the ground in 1954 trying to advise the French before their terrible defeat at Dien Bien Phu, resulting in yet another tiny country kicking the Frenchies butt. Mission essential US "advisors" were sent in 1957 to train the Montagnards in modern medicines and warfare before the Viet-Minh could genocide them into history. President Kennedy sent the Special Forces into Saigon and the countryside to train South Vietnamese commands in counter-guerilla warfare during the 1962 Tet-offensive. President Johnson sent Marines and the 101st Airborne into full combat after the Gulf of Tonkin incursion, in which the USS Turner Joy and the USS Maddox were fired upon by North Vietnamese Navy torpedo boats. President Nixon took the war to Hanoi by sending B52's on extensive bombing campaigns, which brought the enemy to the negotiating table. After teh North denied their own agreements, Nixon again sent the B52's into action, but with less restrictions on target acquisitions. However, the UN forced the western Armies that were fighting, to capitulate to the North when they agreed to not invade the South...the North invaded anyway even before the western forces could leave in 1973, and finally defeated the South in 1975.

The anti-war protesters had NOTHING to do with any political or military decisions made by the USA....BUT, they had everything to do with how the North Vietnamese conducted their political campaigns in the UN. Jane Fonda's actions is the epitome of this.

-Jôker-
04-09-2003, 06:53 AM
im a LET 2 i assume foxalot is a let 3 or you just got promoted recently pbguy your a let 1 that knows your stuff or your school doesnt promote yall often?

MagMan5446
04-09-2003, 09:31 AM
What did the last two posts have anything to do at all with the question?