PDA

View Full Version : My Emag Problems. I need some help.

CNC9D
04-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I purchased an Emag (used)and was told, and showed, that every thing was working. I did not receive any owner manuals or videos.

I recharged my battery, and the marker displays low battery still, even though it has 16.7+/- volts.

Some of my barrels fit quite tight in the new Emag Warp feed Left body, with oiled o-rings, and jams up my LvL 10. What can I do to fix this problem?

I need to get things sorted out before the end of April for a tournament.

athomas
04-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Check the connectors and wiring in the emag frame. There may be something loose.

Check that the barrel twist lock assembly hasn't been adjusted to increase the tension. If it has, it may force the barrel to the top of the body causing it to bind. This would make the barrel hard to get in and could also cause the bolt to jam.

If the twist lock is too tight, you can release some of the tension using the allen key in the bottom of the twist lock assembly.

CNC9D
04-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is the appropriate fuse that goes in the charger?

CNC9D
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
I have had the battery on the charger for two days and it does not want to go over 16.7 volts. The battery drops to 14volts in a couple of seconds after turning on the marker. I just bought a new battery but I want to figure out what the problem is before I hook the new one up.

Dayspring
04-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Probably a bad cell in the battery. It happens sometimes.

BlackVCG
04-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Your pack is toast.

Before you order a new pack, check to make sure your charger is putting out 20+ volts. Just plug in the charger with no battery and put a multimeter on the two terminals.

The charger cord fuse is 5 amps.

CNC9D
04-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Ok, I guess that I will need to get a new charger because the one I have is only putting out 11 volts. The jack that plugs into the charger shows 12.56 volts.

CNC9D
04-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Would it be better to send my charger to AGD and get it repaired?

CNC9D
04-16-2003, 05:39 PM
HA!
I fixed the charger myself; cost = 25 cents. Just needed a new 1 ohm resisor. Now it is putting out the needed voltage to charge the batteries.

End Results.
Charger = Fixed
Warp feed left Emag body = Works Best with the DYE stainless barrel. Still needs some work for it to take two of the other barrels I have.