PDA

View Full Version : mag leaking but can't figure out where or why

piccolo_dbz39
04-08-2003, 08:16 PM
my mag is lekking but i don't know where from, i pretty much changed all the o-rings in the whole blasted thing but it won't stop leaking. i removed all my air hoses and re threaded them with teflon tape. and my dad did some handy work to figure out if the leak was from the air connections, not from there. and the leak stops when i hold in the trigger. HELP!!!! PLEASe!!!

Dayspring
04-08-2003, 08:33 PM
If it stops leaking when you hold the trigger, the problem is in the powertube. Check the PT tip oring and the tube oring itself.

frost
04-08-2003, 08:33 PM
well if u hold down ur trigger and it stops im just taking a shot in the dark id say the leak is coming from ur trigger frame or something and needs the trigger to work

microX-mag
04-08-2003, 09:04 PM
All right your problem would be your spacer. when you look at the power tube take off the top part with a quarter or something, then take out the o ringsa nd other parts. there will be a brass tube in there under an o-ring it will have a number on the side. you want a lower number then what you have. i was using a .215 which is the smallest and u r probobly using a .225 right now. you can buy a spacer kit at a locxal paintball store or anywhere that sells parts. also oil your gun alot.

Vengeance
04-08-2003, 10:02 PM
The problem isn't the spacer; it is .215, we checked. His setup seems a little dry, so if I can find my bloody oil, I'll lube his mag up and see if that helps. Normally oil is a good solution.

Mav D MagMan
04-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Since the problem stops when he pulls the trigger, it's definitely in front of the on/off... Other than the spacer what is there to cause a leak, PT Oring?

Mav

*EDIT* Sorry Dayspring, didn't mean to repeat you. I was distracted by the "trigger problem" post and must have missed yours!

Dayspring
04-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Tip oring and PT oring itself. (Which I said earlier. :D)

BlackVCG
04-09-2003, 03:01 AM
I'll bet you a dollar it's one of the on/off bottom o-rings. Either the one that goes around the base of the on/off assembly or the one inside of the two pieces. To unscrew the on/off assembly, get two cresent wrenches.

Replace both those o-rings and I'll bet your leak will go away.

Demobilized
04-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I'll bet you a dollar it's one of the on/off bottom o-rings. Either the one that goes around the base of the on/off assembly or the one inside of the two pieces. To unscrew the on/off assembly, get two cresent wrenches.

Replace both those o-rings and I'll bet your leak will go away.

Im putting my money on black:D (sorry dayspring)

Vengeance
04-09-2003, 09:38 PM
It is unlikely it is any o-rings because all the o-rings were replaced a couple days earlier (with my parts kit, if I may say so mr.piccolo).

Enigma4you
04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
I would go with the power tube oring or spacer. one other thing to check. I used to much teflon tape on the elbow that screws into the valve on time. It drove me crazy trying to find the leak. But most of the time when its leaking down the barrel, and stops when you hold the trigger in the problem will be found in the power tube area. If you dont have the owners manual you can download one from the AGD website, it has some great trouble shooting tips in it

Mav D MagMan
04-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Actually you should really replace your o-rings yearly (especially with high use/co2 use).

Mav