PDA

View Full Version : Best Anime

Machina123
04-08-2003, 09:14 PM
In your guys opinion what was the best anime series ever made. im gonna have to say hands down neon genesis evangelion. it was just a great series. end could have bean better but gets u to think.

FooTemps
04-08-2003, 09:35 PM
omg... what kind of person are you to unleash such a plauge of a question!!!!?!?!?!?!? THAT IS JUST EVIL ASKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE A "BEST ANIME"! Do you know how many nerds will attempt to injure over this crap? (It's not a pretty sight watching 2 anime nerds fight over the best anime)

btw: Eva is REALLY good. lol... but do you know what is even better? ANY STREET FIGHTER ANIME! :D (jk, please don't hurt me)

joeyjoe367
04-08-2003, 10:34 PM
I've watched a lot of anime and ended up just saying "WTF just happened!?!?"

NGE went that way,

Akira went that way,

Princess Mononoke went that way.

These people who make animes have gotta be the weirdest people *EVER* I've yet to find one that's got enough *** kicking in it, deep enough to make you think about it for a while, but not so frickin' deep that there's 100 webpages all trying to explain a differant viewpoint on what really happened or what it's supposed to mean.

I find that apparantly in the future, people stare at eachother and grunt a lot when fighting. It's also apparantly a good time to have a long, drawn out conversation.

FooTemps
04-09-2003, 12:14 AM
lol, that's so true joey...

Maybe you should watch Spirited Away. I swear it's worse than NGE... You know why? It's completely irrelevant... that's why.

gimp
04-09-2003, 12:27 AM
The best anime is no anime. The guys across the hall watch anime constantly. I can't stand it. It's like having your boys squeezed in a vice.

MagMan5446
04-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Anime makes me angry when I watch it.

I have an ill temper : \

joeyjoe367
04-09-2003, 02:34 AM
I used to think that Gundam was cool, but then I started watching it.

Before I watched it, all I saw was stuff blowing up and some kickass robots, but when I watched a few eps. of it, it was the most BORING thing *EVER*! People talking about this or that... "omg i must revenge you!" or some other BS like that...

I just wanted to see stuff blow up and big robots fighting.

FooTemps
04-09-2003, 04:27 AM
How about we vote for most frustrating anime ever? I think I'd be easier to figure out since best is really hard to cover... Ugh, thinking about some just really bug me...

dogEmedic
04-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Best anime, robotech nuff said
then evangellion, akira, perfect blue, ghost in the shell.

Jonneh
04-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Spirited Away is like a one hour thirty minute mental orgasm of insanity. Good watch though

Fred
04-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Cowboy Bebop. Best. Anime. Ever. (series)

Akira is good too, Princess Mononoke MUST be watched in the original Japanese... i have the dubbed version...

I liked Gundam too, until I watched it... SO LAME! the storyline has the depth of a puddle, even though it tries really hard to convince you that it has something deep.
I sat through the Gundam Wing series... and couldn't handle any more...

Zoids is more computer based, and is on Toonami... I dig the robots.

Trigun is excellent as well, the story is a little wierd, and the animation isn't the best, but the character developement is what I like most about it.

Samurai Jack isn't really anime, but its a rockin cartoon anyway.

---Fred

SSJ4_Goku
04-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Not sure why, but Berserk REALLY appeals to me:D

Will Wood
04-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Cowboy Bebop - Great show. One of my favourites. Just got the movie, havn't had time to watch it yet. Heard nothing but good things about it. Too bad the closest theatere is in Boston. I woulda liked to see it in the theatre.
Naruto Ninjas! Cool anime. Fighting and special ninja powers. The teacher guy rocks. He's so lazy and casual, even when fighting, but kicks arse.
Yu Yu Hakusho - I like the Tourney stuff. I could care less about the early episodes. Good fights/Action.
Vampire Princess Miyu - Vampire chick that like to burn stuff. Only seen a few episodes at a freind's house. Pretty cool. She's morbid. Was comlaining about the view once, and then some guy commited suicide, (jumped off a building) and she's like "ah, the view is improoving"

I'm watching some of .Hack stuff now (//Dusk And //Sign) it is going kinda slow, but I really like the concept and it seems cool.

joeyjoe367
04-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Weee! Naruto is one of my favorite Manga series. I never got to watch any of the eps. that got turned into an anime, but I like it nontheless.

Kinda gets weird when you thought they were "ninjas" but then apparantly they can blow eachother to hell with special powers a la Dragonball.

cheetah256
04-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Trigun. definitely...you just can't argue with vash : D

wyn1370
04-09-2003, 02:51 PM
vampire hunter D
vampire hunter D: bloodlust
ninja scroll
(don't buy ninja resurection it has nothing to do with ninja scroll and doesn't even have an ending)

Will Wood
04-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Ah! Yes, movies. Didn't think about them. Yes, D and Ninja scroll both rock. I prefer Ninja Scroll, much more action and violence lol.

Xerces
04-09-2003, 03:11 PM
cowboy bebop is the only one i watched all (i think) episodes of. generally i dont think they have much to offer in the way of entertainement, unless you count transformers when i was 6 years old. transformers > *

MaChu
04-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Cowboy Bebop is the best anime. At least it has some depth to it, great storyline and artistic value with a lot of action, but not too much.

Outlaw star-eh ok

Gundam-Robots with a storyline about as interesting as a brick.

DBZ-Nazi propaganda in cartoon form with action

Zoids-blah

YuYuHakusho-blah

Vash02
04-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Fred

Trigun is excellent as well, the story is a little wierd, and the animation isn't the best, but the character developement is what I like most about it.

Trigun gets my vote...anyone wonder why my sn is Vash?

(For non-Trigun enthusiests, Vash The Stampede is the main character in Trigun.)

Gitaroo Man
04-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun

However, Trigun gets kinda bad after the first like few episodes...maybe 6 or so...

darklord
04-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion has always been a fav of mine, but I've enjoyed Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, and Cowboy Bebop, as well.

Kai
04-09-2003, 05:18 PM
I am gonna say that Trigun is my favorite series...with Roruni Kenshin in a close second.

As far as movies go...I suppose it is a four-way tie between Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, and Vampire Hunter D. Armitage III is also pretty up there.

edweird
04-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Trigun is amazing...

its all about Wolfwood and that uber toy they put out of Monlev the Gale

Other Favs:
Cowboy Bebop
EVA
Tenchi (yeah i got forced to watch but Washu is the coolest)
Ghost in the Shell

Machina123
04-09-2003, 05:53 PM
u guys who say u like cow boy beepob and all the shows that are on toonami or late night swim or what not. have u ever seen teh uncut versions? or just what they show on cable.

edweird
04-09-2003, 05:59 PM
I got a set of VCD's from when I was over the pond...

not the adult swim crapola

Fred
04-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I havn't been able to find the real stuff... but I havn't looked too hard.

I got most of mine off Kazaa...

dansim
04-09-2003, 06:06 PM
i liked ghost in a shell, and theres another one with some girl cop, and a tank.... i cant remember the name now, but it was a fun movie, and dont hate me but i like dragonball z i like the 35 episode fight scenes;)

Trench
04-09-2003, 06:13 PM
I was not aware that they made series.... Lol.... I need a life I guess...

Trench
04-09-2003, 06:15 PM
I was not aware that they made Anime Series's... Lol... I need a life I guess...

HoppysMag
04-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Inuyasha...

Gitaroo Man
04-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, i own the Cowboy Bebop series on DVD same with Trigun

Fred
04-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Where'd you get them, and how much did you pay? I'd love to get Cowboy Bebop, and I hear the new season of Trigun is excellent (I want the first season on DVD if I can get it...).

---Fred

abrewin450
04-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Cowboy Bebop? WTF are you all crazy. I bet that show was made for 2nd graders. It has the word "Bebop" in it. I mean come on Bebop was a character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh yea and oldschool batman could take any of those guys from Cowboy Bebop:)

Gitaroo Man
04-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Watch the show...its good...who cares about the name. IMO it's good but everyone has their own tastes.

As for the DVD..you can't buy box sets anymore but if you can find one it will be expensive. I think amazon.com has them individually. Hope that helps.

El Gallo Negro
04-10-2003, 03:22 AM
You guys want to have a trip, Watch Fooli Kiri or FLCL

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Hellsing
Love Hina *Manga only*
Akira
Vampire Hunter D
Golden Boy
His and Hers Circumstances
Ghost In The Shell
Chobits
Dragon Ball
Slam Dunk
GTO
Rahxephon
Excel Saga *Extremely Wacked*

Take your pick I got more... I'm not fond of just one anime but right now I'm stuck watching FLCL It's very odd... Girl runs over guy with Vespa... hits him on the head with a base, grows weird lump and a robot pops out of his forehead... Give it a whirl.... Dressing up as Vash for the SD Comic Con...

FooTemps
04-10-2003, 02:11 PM
omg... fooli kiri is so screwed up... lol

Kai
04-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I don't mean to get off topic, but Abrewin's mag looks eerily similar to mine...only better.

Vash02
04-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Kai
I don't mean to get off topic, but Abrewin's mag looks eerily similar to mine...only better.

Yeah, i also see a slight resembelance to yours.

MAGma 14
04-10-2003, 05:34 PM
most defidently Trigun

Fred
04-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by abrewin450
Cowboy Bebop? WTF are you all crazy. I bet that show was made for 2nd graders. It has the word "Bebop" in it. I mean come on Bebop was a character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh yea and oldschool batman could take any of those guys from Cowboy Bebop:)

NEWSFLASH!

Bebop is also a music style that permeates the entire series, it sets the tones of the scenes, and IMO, is pretty cool. No something that a lot of 2nd graders listen to.

In the show it is the name of their starship as well...

Cowboy references that they are bounty hunters...

(Readers of this post may proceed to put something like "OWNED" in their followups...)

FooTemps
04-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Man... it's amazing how badly butchered dubbed animes can be... lol... I'm watching the yu yu hakusho dubbed version and it's so different fromt he subbed version.

Will Wood
04-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Yea, Jin is irish lol. How'd he learn to speak with a Irish accent in the depths away from all other irish speaking people? ;):)

Ironmag
04-11-2003, 12:45 AM
I just got into anime about a year or two ago and one that I really like was Final Fantasy Unlimited. That is one awesome show. I highly recommend it. Excel Saga is a funny one, the few episodes that I've seen make me think of it as the Family Guy of anime.

Will Wood
04-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Family guy of anime? Sweet.. *Adds Excel Saga to KazAa List* :D

.. I've only seen one FFU, but what I saw was pretty lame. A bunch of chicks running around with a Chocobo. I breifly skimmed through it, and deemed it not worth my time. Is there more to it then that, or did I just get a crappy episode.

IMP55
04-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Some I like:

Akira
Kite
Serial Experiments: Lain (this movie is a total mind-bend)
Vampire Hunter D
Princess Mononoke (original)
DBZ

-----------------------------------------------------------

GO UW-W PAINTBALL!!

HoppysMag
04-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Fred

NEWSFLASH!

Bebop is also a music style that permeates the entire series, it sets the tones of the scenes, and IMO, is pretty cool. No something that a lot of 2nd graders listen to.

In the show it is the name of their starship as well...

Cowboy references that they are bounty hunters...

(Readers of this post may proceed to put something like "OWNED" in their followups...)

your wish is my uh... thing... ya.
http://www.angelfire.com/co4/hoppy/mailwars.jpg

magsandguitars
04-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Here's my list (and yes I have seen the uncut ones, Toonami craped them up):

-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Dragon Ball (it's funny to watch little Goku beatin' up these huge enemies)
-Dragon Ball Z (the long fight scenes are cool, but even though it was the first anime series I ever saw, I still don't like the long talk scenes where nothing really happens and if you miss and episode or two, you are basically screwed on the plot)
-Ruroni Kenshin
-Akira
-Cowboy BeBop (a lot better uncut)
-Ranma 1/2 (funny)
-Trigun (OK for the first few episodes, but gets kinda old after a while)
-Neon Genisis Evangelion

HoppysMag
04-15-2003, 04:00 PM
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES INUYASHA!:confused: :D

gibby
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Some of my favorites:

Macross
Gunbusters
Record of Lodoss War
Ruruouni Kenshin( Trust, Betrayal )
Vision of Escaflowne
Here and there, Then and now
Crying Freeman
Akira
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Vampire Hunter D
Doomed Megalopolis
Ninja Scroll
Vandread
Cowboy Bebop
Berzerk
Appleseed
Grave of the Fireflies
Jin Roh
Blood
Lupin
Fushugi Yugi
Ranma 1/2
Bubblegum Crisis
Patlabor
Wings of Homonaise(sp)

and a few others I can't seem to remember. I've yet to really watch Evangelion and Trigun but hopefully in time I will. :)

TooDamnSweet
04-15-2003, 05:52 PM
How did I know you would be here??? :D

FooTemps
04-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Odd how no one has mentioned bubblegum crisis... or did I miss it?

HoppysMag
04-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Some of my favorites:

Macross
Gunbusters
Record of Lodoss War
Ruruouni Kenshin( Trust, Betrayal )
Vision of Escaflowne
Here and there, Then and now
Crying Freeman
Akira
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Vampire Hunter D
Doomed Megalopolis
Ninja Scroll
Vandread
Cowboy Bebop
Berzerk
Appleseed
Grave of the Fireflies
Jin Roh
Blood
Lupin
Fushugi Yugi
Ranma 1/2
Bubblegum Crisis
Patlabor
Wings of Homonaise(sp)

and a few others I can't seem to remember. I've yet to really watch Evangelion and Trigun but hopefully in time I will. :)

he said it

Will Wood
04-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES INUYASHA!:confused: :D

Yes. That show.. maybe it's just the crap CN puts up, but what I've seen isn't that good. (Dunnno how far the series goes, just till 26? Or is there lots more? Maybe just the early stuff is rubbish)

HoppysMag
04-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Will Wood

Yes. That show.. maybe it's just the crap CN puts up, but what I've seen isn't that good. (Dunnno how far the series goes, just till 26? Or is there lots more? Maybe just the early stuff is rubbish)

if u ask me its just a differant kind of anime...its less fights... a lil more comedy, and more storyline.

Will Wood
04-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Which is why it isn't appealing to me :) The few I've seen were like "Oh yay your my freind FOREVER!" (That big mutant guy who she saved) .. too emotional for me lol. It's a little bit funny, but nothing I would say talking about the show. Fights.. yea, it needs more of them lol. That's what I mainly look for in a series. I'll probably eventualy have to watch some more subbed stuff when I go over my freinds house sometime who is an anime freak. Who knows? I thought YYH was crap at first when I saw it, but now it's one of my favorite.

Machina123
04-16-2003, 02:30 PM
have u guys ever watched a music cideo with clips of different songs and like anime seriores clips put into em. i downloaded one off kazaa and it goes along perfect. it has ramstein Du Hast and Osca from evangellion and everytime words come up in the song osca moves her mouth. the guy did a great job on it. also my friend this sat is going to go meet the people who did the voices for the evangellion series and gundam wing.

Fred
04-16-2003, 04:09 PM
I have an excellent mix of Cowboy Bebop clips that go along with Weezer's Only in Dreams... Way cool! :D

FooTemps
04-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Machina123
have u guys ever watched a music cideo with clips of different songs and like anime seriores clips put into em. i downloaded one off kazaa and it goes along perfect. it has ramstein Du Hast and Osca from evangellion and everytime words come up in the song osca moves her mouth. the guy did a great job on it. also my friend this sat is going to go meet the people who did the voices for the evangellion series and gundam wing.

It's Asuka... or Aska... not osca... lol

Machina123
04-16-2003, 07:26 PM
It's Asuka i just acll her osca cause thats what htey call her in the movie but they spell it wierd.