PDA

View Full Version : Marvel VS Capcom 2

FooTemps
04-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Crap, I play this with my friends and I get whipped... It's so fast. I still haven't gotten it for my ps2 but I think I'm gettin it soon. Who here likes to play and who are your best characters?

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 09:38 AM
SF versus X-men was great. Everything else in the series just got too weird. Too many special moves. The first one was perfect.......

animal
04-09-2003, 01:50 PM
I like MvC2. The 56 characters availability just makes all my old school favorite fighting games seem so small. Killer instinct just doesnt have the same effect when you can take any of 56 characters. I'm still learning it though. But I'm up to consistent 5 hit combos.

Who's your favorite 3 ?

Mine are Venom, Spiderman, Psylocke.

Kai
04-09-2003, 08:29 PM
I still need to check that out...looked pretty good.

How does it compare to Street Fighter Alpha 3 for PS1?

RetroEclipseMan
04-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah, when my friend got that we'd sit and play for hours. Nothn' like drinkn' screwdrivers and playn' Marvil vs. Capcom. Don't feel bad I always got my butt handed to me by my friends at that game.

SI|ENT|3O|3
04-09-2003, 09:23 PM
man oh man...i remember this game...it was all i did last summer. you can't play it anywhere but the arcade...the arcade controls are about 20 bagillion times better. i liked hayato, Omega red, and gulie...man i wanna play this again :)
-sebastian

FooTemps
04-10-2003, 12:18 AM
I think I need to buy some arcade pads for my ps2... that way I can play better. I still have my arcade pad for my snes... oh yeah, street fighter II turbo oldschoolness.

Since, I'm oldschool like that I keep it to my SF favorites and maybe some other capcom character. My usual team is Ryu, Ken, and Akuma or Sakura, Ken, and Ryu. It's fun playing as Dan, Servbot, and Roll though...

El Gallo Negro
04-10-2003, 03:05 AM
Oh man oh man... walk down memory lane...

Spider Man, Wolverine and Akuma are my best bet!!!

Nothing like a good old Maximum Spider or Wolvie's X or Akuma's..... Sorry :p

56 characters to choose from take your pic

sithos
04-11-2003, 12:18 AM
ok, depending on your play style, there are a few options, but the high score seems to depend ALOT on combos.

using Cable, Ryu, and Dr Doom, i can consistantly reach 100+ combos. For alittle more power, replace ryu with the hulk, and dr doom with thantos, and link the ultimate moves in order rather than all at the same time, this will kill any character.

FooTemps
04-11-2003, 12:28 AM
meh... i usually go for long weak, drawn out combos that won't lose too much if they get combo buffered... just the basic arial rave... ya know... lp, lk, mp, mk, (hp, hk, OR hyper)

Cable is ohhh sooo cheap... he bugs me with his infinite hyper viper beam combo...

FooTemps
04-18-2003, 01:41 AM
AHHHHHH! I CAN'T PLAY WITH THE STINKING XBOX CONTROLLER!!! IT IS PISSING ME OFF! (i'm getting better with it though...)

Getting an arcade stick... any reccomendations for sticks under 70 dolla that are good, sturdy, and arcade like?

Miscue
04-18-2003, 02:00 PM
That game is too complicated.

I remember being the man at SF2...

I played MvC2 and some 10 year old crushed me... I haven't played ever since.

Too damn complicated.

FooTemps
04-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
That game is too complicated.

I remember being the man at SF2...

I played MvC2 and some 10 year old crushed me... I haven't played ever since.

Too damn complicated.

It isn't TOO hard to play... It's just realy hard to master and competition worth. I've gotten used to it now. Capcom VS SNK 2 is a lot harder than Marvel VS Capcom 2 IMO. I bet you'd hate it even more! :)