PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag or Fly IR3 personal accounts

Faber
04-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Yes I know this has been talked about before but instead of milling through 1000 post to find the info I'd like to see I think I'll just ask. I just sold my RT Pro w/lvl 10 and now and trying to decide on either a Fly IR3 or a X-Mag. My main 2 concerns are reliability and weight. Does anyone have exact weights for these? I'd like a marker that I can take out for woods play and not have to worry about it going down and not being able to trouble shoot it there. I know how a RT Pro works and had no problems at all but I have been looking though the Angel section here and there seems to be more problems with Angels. Could be cause of the advanced design. And as far as anti-chopping systems I didn't have too many chops with my RT Pro w/o the lvl 10 and more with it so I'm not too concerned abut that. I really want to out and IR3 but with out being able to shoot either marker I'm leaning towards the X-Mag. If anyone has xp with both these markers let me know what you think or if you have shot an RT Pro and Fly IR3. Plus being able to switch between electric and man mode on the X-Mag is cool. I look forward to you comments.

Brian G

Jonesie
04-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Well now... allow me to school you on the X-Mag...

I just got mine. It's sexy. I don't have an exact weight, but AGD advertises it as lighter than a Fly Angel. Take it for what's it worth, but I trust Tom not ot lie to us here on AO.

These might be a little much for woods ball, but look at it like this. You'll NEVER be able to tach any Angel in the woods. I don't think it's possible.

With the X-Mag, if the batteries die, or the electronics fail, you have that switch to flip into Manual mode. No field fixing necessary. Although, should you have problems with the valve, it's EXACTLY the same as the RT valve.

As far as anti-chop features, the Angel has COPS and some other stuff. X-Mag has Anti Chop Eye and Level 10. Can that combo really be beat? Not that I know of, my LX has yet to allow a chop. Compound that with the ACE and imagine the possibilities.

This on;y place the Angel has an advantage (in my humble opinion) is in availability. The wait for an X-Mag is about 8 months, unless you can find one for sale used or from a store whoe pre-ordered some a few months ago. I was lucky enough to pick mine up on a lucky find. I don't really know about the IR3 availability. They seem easier to find...

Later ~ Jonesie

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 09:25 AM
I agree with every point Jonesie made. I just got my Xmag and I love it.

He hit it all on the head so it doesn't need to be said by me...

X-Mag all the way!

JAM
04-09-2003, 10:00 AM
preach it.

plus, the Xmag has a much lower profile.

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Especially with the warp breech.

Jonesie
04-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
I agree with every point Jonesie made. I just got my Xmag and I love it.

He hit it all on the head so it doesn't need to be said by me...

X-Mag all the way!

ALRIGHT! I did it right in this thread! See, I'm coming along... :D

Later ~ Dave

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Just noticed. You're Xmag 213. Phil's 216. I'm 218. I forget, but somebody here is 210... I want to find out who all my neighbors are. :)

pbcustom98
04-09-2003, 01:37 PM
I think most people here agree with me when I say....XMAG...since it is an AGD product. Im very satisfied with everything I have made by AGD and I thank them for the wonderful gift of the mag line of markers they provided us with! (does that make sense? sounded smart in my head :rolleyes:)

HERE HERE!

Later
Daniel

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 03:29 PM
man, that's a tough choice. both will give you great reliability and speed. as said earlier, agd has advertised the x-mag as being lighter than the fly angels. i would really reccomend trying both out, and you make your decision based on that. with high end guns, all will perform very well, so it just comes down to what you are most comfortable with.

Faber
04-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I'm leaning towards the X-Mag, but it now sounds like a friend is lookimg at markers in this price range also. I think I'll just order one for him and one for me and then I'll decide which one I like better bein he dosn't care hes upgradin from a spyder. Now I need to find a store that sells both and has both instock :(

Brian G

Jonesie
04-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Good luck finding a store with an X-Mag in stock. The only place I've seen with one on the shelf is PaintballStix (I think) and theirs is purple, which is why no one has picked it up yet.

Later ~ Dave

Ultimator
04-10-2003, 09:44 AM
THis is an AGD forum ... of course everyone and their grammy will say X-mag. I'd get the Fly iR3 simply for the fact that you won't have to wait 8+ months for an X-mag. Then in about a year or so when X-mags become more common, you can still trade your Fly iR3 for one.

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 10:02 AM
I know that Paintballistix (www.paintballistix.com) has a purple Xmag in stock. Nobody has claimed it yet.

Give them a call and ask for Mel or Bear.

As for the Angel- not at PBX. :)

Originally posted by Faber
Thanks for the feed back. I'm leaning towards the X-Mag, but it now sounds like a friend is lookimg at markers in this price range also. I think I'll just order one for him and one for me and then I'll decide which one I like better bein he dosn't care hes upgradin from a spyder. Now I need to find a store that sells both and has both instock :(

Brian G

fire1811
04-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Xmag= worth the wait, worth every penny
shoot one and your hooked.

and another point how many ppl can fix an angel
between games? or just look how many ppl can service an
mag valve!

buy an oring kit for a mag and your pretty much good to go

i have owned both
read the sig to see which i thought was better :D

fire1811
04-10-2003, 10:09 AM
originally posted by dayspring
Just noticed. You're Xmag 213. Phil's 216. I'm 218. I forget, but somebody here is 210... I want to find out who all my neighbors are.

well i have #173 so im a country neighbor ;)

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 10:11 AM
The reason not many people work on Mags anymore is b/c they rarely break down. That's why there are more people who know Angels and Cockers. ;)

(I know this isn't totally true, but it's still fun to poke at them. :D)

Originally posted by fire1811

and another point how many ppl can fix an angel
between games? or just look how many ppl can service an
mag valve!

fire1811
04-10-2003, 10:15 AM
no no i ment that pretty much anywhere you go
there is someone, usually more than one, that can fix your mag valve in a snap.

angels on the other had, if it breaks your pretty much sending it away to somewhere.

Jonesie
04-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by fire1811
no no i ment that pretty much anywhere you go
there is someone, usually more than one, that can fix your mag valve in a snap.

angels on the other had, if it breaks your pretty much sending it away to somewhere.

I've seen this first hand. There were a couple of guys hanging out at MGO who needed help with a classic valve. Rocco (hardr0ck68) jumped right in a fixed it up for him.

Later ~ Dave