PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve

04-09-2003, 01:32 AM
I was looking on Airgun.com's website and saw the X-Valve. I was wondering how it inproves the gun and what is the difference between it and a retro valve. Is the new valve worth paying for??

Jonesie
04-09-2003, 01:38 AM
It's essentially the same as the ReTro valve, but it's all Aluminum, making it about 3oz. lighter.

The RT valve take some of the gas coming thru the valve to return the trigger with a greater force then is needed to pull it. This makes the trigger short and crisp. I really like it!

Later ~ Dave

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Actually Jonesie, AGD rerouted the air flow so that the top of the on/off pin is exposed to full tank pressure instead of regulated pressure as it is on the classic valve. So instead of the 400psi or so after it's regulated, it gets the 800psi unregulated. (The larger diameter on/off pin head also helps this somewhat.)

Toakes22
04-09-2003, 10:24 AM
You guys forgot to mntion the X valve comes standard with Lvl 10, unlike the rt valve.

Jonesie
04-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Actually Jonesie, AGD rerouted the air flow so that the top of the on/off pin is exposed to full tank pressure instead of regulated pressure as it is on the classic valve. So instead of the 400psi or so after it's regulated, it gets the 800psi unregulated. (The larger diameter on/off pin head also helps this somewhat.)

DARN IT, Day! So much to learn, I have! :) Thanks for correcting. That makes a lot more sense than my previous understanding...

Later ~ Dave

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Your definition of the RT valve would be appropriate for the Tippy RT trigger. They use the waste gas and have a small valve on the side that uses it to kick the trigger.

As for learning, how do you think I learned? I read, got corrected and now I know.

One day, even you can make it into PGI for teching in AO Chat like I do. :)

04-09-2003, 11:55 AM
I saw on Airgun.com's website that i can trade in my existing RT Valve for a discounted X-Valve. Should i take advantage of this deal, or is there any reason that i should keep my old RT Valve and buy a seperate X-Valve. I don't really see any difference between the X and the RT except the Level 10 upgrade. According the the other post above by DAYSPRING, how does the increased pressure help you out?

Thanx!

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I am guessing that you have the RT Pro... B/c the RT Classic will not accept an X-Valve.

As for the pressure question- All mags generally work the same way. Air pressure puts force onto the on/off pin which resets the trigger position after a shot. In the classic valve, the air pressure was first regulated to the Mag's internal pressure and THEN exposed to the on/off assembly. RT/ReTro/X-Valves are the opposite. The on/off assembly is exposed to full tank pressure. That's why adjustable tanks are nice on the RT systems. They allow you to adjust the amount of kick you receive on the on/off pin because you are adjusting the input pressure. (Remember, the bigger the input pressure, the bigger the pressure on the on/off pin, the bigger the kick)

Trade in? Nah... If you already have a ReTro valve, just get the Level 10 kit. Save yourself the money.

04-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Thanx DAYSPRING

U have been a great help!!!

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Glad I could help. :)

Farlow
04-09-2003, 01:19 PM
I bought an RT-Pro last summer. If I understand the last post: If I have an RT PRO then I already have a retro valve and getting the x-valve will only save me weight. So I am better off just getting the LVL-10 upgrade? Please advise. B-day coming up in June and wife needs to know what to get me. Thanks!

Dayspring
04-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Correct.

Valves are the same. Just grab the Level 10 kit.

Originally posted by Farlow
I bought an RT-Pro last summer. If I understand the last post: If I have an RT PRO then I already have a retro valve and getting the x-valve will only save me weight. So I am better off just getting the LVL-10 upgrade? Please advise. B-day coming up in June and wife needs to know what to get me. Thanks!