PDA

View Full Version : RT Stock Barrel

Xyxyll
04-09-2003, 09:57 AM
I will be getting an Automag RT with Level 10 and Blade Intelliframe sometime next week for use at the next scenario game on the 26th and 27th. I may not have access to an aftermarket barrel in time. So this brings me to my point... How well machined is the stock barrel? What is the bore size of the stock barrel?

Thanks!

Toakes22
04-09-2003, 11:31 AM
I know people who swear by their rt stock barrel. I'm not sure on the bore size, though I would think it would be a medium size.

Vex
04-09-2003, 12:49 PM
According to a chart that I have, the advertised bore is .695, but the measured bore is .690 - .691, which makes it a meduim bore.

I got the chart from http://www.paintballguru.com

kenny45749
04-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Well they already told you the bore size, but I will tell you how it shoots....awesome. I am one of those people who swears by the stock barrel. You will have a great time with it at the scenario game, dont sweat getting another barrel. Good luck and have fun

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 09:30 PM
i have heard that it shoots bad paint very well.....

Xyxyll
04-09-2003, 09:38 PM
That sounds great. I've dropped my WTB Barrel threads, and I'm definitely gettin psyched to receive the gun. The trader is shippin it out tomorrow, and I am shippin out two of my Spyders Friday. Only problem is there's really nothin else to upgrade. The barrel doesn't need work, got the hopper, the trigger frame is already up'd (blade intelliframe), got the Lvl 10, I don't need an inline reg, don't need a drop forward, and already got a HPA tank. :)

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 10:35 PM
if you are looking for upgrades, here's a list:

-warp
-ule body
-adjustable tank (that is, if you currently have a preset)

they are all optional upgrades (obviously). but, they are the three i would reccomend if you happen to have any cash lying around ;)

PsychoBaller
04-10-2003, 03:05 AM
I beleive my experience with the RT Stock Crownpoint barrel will reign supreme in this thread.

I had an RT Original for 6yrs; the barrel that dominated being used on it was the Stock Crown Point barrel, with its bore of .690+ it shot most paints pretty well.

Other than that, I used a 10" boomer, but found the Stock was just fine.

~da baller

Wooky71
04-20-2003, 11:44 AM
I have found the stock RT barrel very accurate. That is the stock Crown point with the chrome tip. I bought another AGD chrown point that was solid black and rifled which was not that great on accuracy. A couple of people I play with had a problem with the chrome tip on the Rt/emag barrel having burrs on the inside which was causing a ball break out at the tip. They simply unscrewed the tip and played without it. I personally have not had any problems like that.