PDA

View Full Version : Venom Highline

Toakes22
04-09-2003, 02:45 PM
I am most likely getting a Venom Highline. Can anyone who used one tell me how it performed? Any leaks or what not? Thanks

circus5
04-10-2003, 09:26 AM
i've been looking to get one of those for awhile. I know pro-team used to distribute all of venom's products to the US, but now i hear planet eclipse is doing it. where can i get one?

dogEmedic
04-10-2003, 10:05 AM
I had one on my mag for about a year, so far I love it. The air cut off works well, but you have to keep them orings oiled, plus it comes with a few spares.

The few little problems, first where it screws into the vertical adapter was just a little to small for loc-tite to work, took about 5-7 wraps of teflon tape to get a good seal. Second where it screws into the valve has to be a little loose so it can move o so little when you need to take the valve out, again no biggie, teflon tape worked great.

I would recomend one if you can get ahold of one.

Alan

askman
04-10-2003, 01:02 PM
You can buy them from Planet eclipse in England. they are made in germany.

I bought six deluxe hardline, and sold 5 of them a while back. (the shipping was about 30 bucks, so it did not make sense to order 1) You guys may want to get together and buy it together. it was the deluxe model.

I just bought a micromag, and I believe it has a standard hardline on it. I am willing to sell it off of it. will let you guys know...

cledford
04-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I think the Venom highlines are the WORST upgrade for a 'mag. Had one and it leaked and never worked. This was due to tolarance issues between the US 1/8NPT thread standard and whatever they use in Europe.

I've spoken to AGD techs who claim to have never had luck with them either.

They may have gotten their act together - but considering how long the one that didn't work was on the market, I wouldn't trust them.

-Calvin

loz
04-11-2003, 01:49 PM
when you fit LEVEL 10 ,because it keeps the system under
pressure , even when you fire the last shot after turning air off, You need some kind of dump valve.
The venom is ideal , i have fitted loads to automags with the LEVEL 10 , Its a perfect match.
What you need to do is make a PTFE SEAL ,That fits into the
A.I.R.VALVE and fits the end of the VENOM NUT.
I have tried to draw the shape it needs to be with PAINT.
Excuse the mess.
It needs to be machined from solid PTFE bar.
There needs to be a 5mm hole thru it obviously.
The other end ,that fits into a front bottle mount,can easily be sealed with PTFE TAPE.
hope this helps
loz

loz
04-11-2003, 01:56 PM
the pic is supposed to be here

cledford
04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Just my take on the matter - when you pay good money for something it should work without having to make aditional parts. I paid like $35 US for mine - and it was a piece of crap out of the box.

There are many other options available for level-10 degassing. The beauty is that they don't require aditional time, effort, or money to make them work as advertised.

I'm glad that you guys are happy with the highlines. Personally, I say forget them. Get a Pro-connect or slide check and put it inline to your RT/AIR valve. Works great for me, was a lot cheaper, and doesn't leak or require special fabrication to work.

-Calvin

askman
04-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I have a standard venom hardline for sale. http://geocities.com/askman01/p14.JPG

$32 shipped first class, 34 priority.

let me know anybody is interested.

(I use 4 wrap of teflon tape around the valve side, and never had leak problem)

thanks

I am a ebayer with feedback of over 500...

cledford
04-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by askman

(I use 4 wrap of teflon tape around the valve side, and never had leak problem)

Sorry to bust out your sale (then again it belongs in a different forum anyhow) but this statement is exactly what I'm talking about. I tried the teflon route and the thing wiggled like a loose tooth. It would usually hold air for about a week or two - then the shifting back and forth (during disassembly and just everyday use) would wiggle the fitting loose enough to start leaking. 4 wraps of teflon is about 3 times what I ever had to use on anything else. (Before I started using the Blue lock-tite)

Again, I'm sorry to bust out your sale - but those venoms are crap and people need to know.

-Calvin

Tunaman
04-12-2003, 08:33 PM
I certainly agree with Cledford...