PDA

View Full Version : I...Just...Can't...DECIDE!!!!!

mjs1217
04-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Okay, this decision as almost brought me to tears...so here goes:

I know i've posted a few threads on the topic, but this is the definitive one.

I'm not sure if I want a minimag, or a Phantom VSC. This decision has more bearing down on it than it may seem, as they both represent different playing styles alltogether. The Phantom is the pump/stock option. I enjoy this way of play, but really there is nowhere near me to play stock class, so I would probably be playing against semi's with it unless a new field opens up. Then we have the minimag choice, which is a marker that I like ALOT. This represents a semi-auto type of play, where I would definetly using more paint, and thusly playing a completely different game. I'm not saying that this is a good or bad playing style, but I like them both equally. There is, however, the slim chance that paintball will become a sport as popular and widely recognized as baseball, or basketball. By this, I mean that perhaps in a few years high schools will have paintball teams that they sponsor, like their basketball or baseball teams. I have heard of one or two high schools doing this already. In this case, almost certainly the game will be a stock type of game, as many see it as requiring more skill. This is, in a way, true because you must carefully ration paint and air and aim your shots, instead of dumping 200 balls on a bunker.

So, what it comes down to is, playing with a pump/stock marker in a semi-dominated game, or getting a semi which, while I do enjoy them, seem to lack something.

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 04:50 PM
you cant really compare the two
one is pump, one is semi, so it depends what you want.
anyway, i wouldnt pick your gun based on whether paintball will become a high school sport.

-=Squid=-
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
In a reactive argument here, I dont think that stock class would be more popular if the sport got to baseball size because its simply not as exciting to watch, and stock class DOESNT require any more skill.

NiteWolf1138
04-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
...and stock class DOESNT require any more skill...

I think managing fewer resourses requires more skill. With one hopper of paint I could supply a whole team for a game in stock class(depending on team size).

That and do you know how many shots 12g of CO2 gets you, not all that many.

dansim
04-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
stock class DOESNT require any more skill.

riiiiiigggghhhhtttt, have you ever even tried to compete in teh semi world with a pump, it requires so much more skill than you think

-=Squid=-
04-09-2003, 06:14 PM
No crap, it of course requires more skill in a semi world, but stock class, which for you people, means ONLY stock, doesnt make a difference because everybody is on equal playing fields.

athomas
04-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Stock class is very fun to watch. Teams don't get into the mindset of "lets sling paint until we catch a break". It can be hard to move when someone is firing 15 rounds per second at you. In stock class you get a lot more coordinated movement, just because there is confidence that you can do it.

You have a tendency to play a different game when playing stock class. Your game has to rely more on the skill of the player rather than the technology/firepower of the equipment. Quite often stock class players playing against semis give people the misconception that stock class play is all defence. It has to be against a team of semis. You can't shoot toe to toe. You have to let the semi shooters come to you.