PDA

View Full Version : Paintball On Bernie Mac

Paintballer86
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM
haha
I just saw paintball on bernie mac, and form what it looks in the begining of the show, it is being represented fairly well. masks, and I saw barrel plugs too, even though it was black and hard to see. I beleve the kid had a silver bushmaster or impulse. didnt get a good look at it.

EDIT*
Ok, it wasnt portrayed well AT ALL. Some had their masks on top of their heads, but most of them had the masks down. and some other stuff, but I dont remember it all.

acecl22
04-09-2003, 08:08 PM
they werent playing, but it was a decent display, they all had leagal masks, im not sure if they had barrel condoms, but that doesnt make much of a difference on TV

cphilip
04-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Merged the two threads...

darklord
04-09-2003, 08:10 PM
fine, we made our own threads at the same time, but I'll be a gentlemen and let you keep yours ;)

well Bernie's son has a bunch of friends who are dressed in camo fatigues and he wants to play paintball. They have masks, and the kid's friend has what appears to be a spyder EM1. No barrel plug or bag, though.....

Oh well glad that paintball's on tv, I guess. Thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

^cut and pasted from my thread

Paintballer86
04-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by darklord
fine, we made our own threads at the same time, but I'll be a gentlemen and let you keep yours ;)

he he he thanks :p :D

elpimpo
04-09-2003, 08:15 PM
i saw a comercial about it it looked funny. when the kid suck back on the p8ntball and this blue paint ooses out of his mouth

Mossman
04-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
i saw a comercial about it it looked funny. when the kid suck back on the p8ntball and this blue paint ooses out of his mouth
One of our TV's is broken cuz it was green on mine! :)

elpimpo
04-09-2003, 08:19 PM
thats crazy stuff i think it was blue but that was last night so im not sure

acecl22
04-09-2003, 08:19 PM
haha, i must have made mine at the same time too

darklord
04-09-2003, 08:28 PM
ugghhhhhhhhh he goes onto the field without a mask, plays with it UP, same with his son!!!!

plus he's cheating ;)

oh well at least they had their hoppers on right... oh wait, they didn't. :rolleyes: :D

AcemanPB
04-09-2003, 08:31 PM
At least everyone else was wearing their mask.

Oh man and did you see the Tippmann squadbuster grenade go off?? I didn't know they did THAT I have to get me some of those!! :D

Hey atleast it was better than Malcom in the middle

acecl22
04-09-2003, 08:32 PM
ugh, i hate when they play paintball on tv and they take their masks off, it makes me mad, i thought they were gonna display paintball correctly this time,

PB_Sniper
I need to get some of that paint they used. For those of you that wipe... try to wipe that glob off. lol :D

LittMag
Not bad... quite a few mask violations, I liked the "camo makeup" under the mask, hahaha. What was up with the orange tape around the tip of the barrels?

I can deal with the mask violations because if the show somehow gets a few more newbies to the fields, they will learn not to take their masks off on the field... ever.

GhillieGuy
04-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Dang, i'm watching now, when i first saw it i ran to my computer to see what was going on at the ao paintball talk... sure enough i saw "bernie mac". Looks like they are displaying well but i'm onley into the first 15 miuts (cali time):D

Mav D MagMan
04-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Ok as scary as it is, this is probably the best portrayal of paintball on TV yet. Maybe we are having a positive influence as our sport grows because I remember some very bad spots before.

Those who were not mainstream stars on the show wore their equipment throughout the entire game.

The stars (exception: Bernie? he walked onto the field unprotected) did eventually take of their equipment (or rearange it to an unsafe position) however at least they had the proper gear and it was on their bodies (they had to be recognized, many people can't follow along in our "slow" society, if you don't believe me try watching a movie with people you don't know).

Equipment- Barrel plugged (except on the field) and was not used innapropriately (however I would like to get my hands on one of those paintzuka grenades!)

So all in all not too bad, I wish hollywood could find a way around facial exposure... but hey it's better than what I have seen. And I have seen everything from Saved by the Bell to Daria cartoons with paintball.

Mav

1stdeadeye
04-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Even though the peripheral players wore all their gear, Bernie and his niece and nephew were kind of scary though running around with masks up!

Eating the paint was funny though!

Mav D MagMan
04-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Well Scary, sort of...

The entertainment industry actually compromised. Instead of fully covering their star's faces (which they don't want to do) they opted to leave the mask on the head although worn to show their face (it's sort of like watching a play, they make do if they don't have a prop, like a mask that reveals the person's full face).

Maybe our pleas for them to promote safety are getting through? Fox has done enough shows involving paintball by now... Maybe they'll do better to portray it.

Mav

Catch22
04-10-2003, 08:36 PM
They had a spyder which needed one of those vertical elbows that go straight up and down but they had an elbow that was bent on a vertical gun. haha.