PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 and old school RT

MaxPowers
04-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Hey - I just picked up the LVL 10 kit and installed it on my RT. After playing around with it for a bit, I got it to pass the "black tape & paintball" test. (as seen in one of the lvl 10 vids) Even though it's working pretty well, I was wondering if anyone was able to get a RT to the point where you could stick your tounge in ala Tom Kaye?? Not that im sticking any body parts into my RT, but the bolt still has a little bite to it. FYI - I have 3 shims and the 0 carrier in w/ the middle spring. If I tried the larger spring the gun vents. Any suggestions? Is it possible to get the lvl 10 tuned as well as it is in the AGD videos on a non electro marker??

ChucktheMAGician
04-09-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure that lx would act differently in an emag than it does in a standard mag. I've stuck my finger in mine to try it out before, there is quite a difference if you stop the bolt early or late! I am using #2 carrier, 2 shims and the medium spring. As far as suggestions, I'd say if it ain't broke don't change it;) :D

cgrieves
04-10-2003, 07:44 AM
The next step is to get the longest spring in there. The spring counterracts the bolt force so the longest one is the softest on paint (fingers tongues etc).

If your RT with the longest spring is venting before it fires or before you can dial in sufficient velocity, you need to look at your regulator piston. As a starter, take it out, clean/lube it, fit a new o-ring and put it back together. If you have a spare reg spring pack, try that too.

Once you are set up with the longest spring, it is possible to get even less bolt force- this involves going down to a smaller carrier in order to put more friction on the bolt movement. This is the softest setup attainable, but you also risk bolt stick.

Personally I just use the longest spring and largest carrier that doesn't leak. I haven't had a ball break in the breech since I fitted it (around 6000 balls ago).

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 09:15 AM
If you're running the zero carrier, I suggest re-doing the installation with a fresh oring. Here's why. As the oring wears in, it will develop a leak. Usually, we switch down to the next half size carrier. You can't because you are running the zero.

Just an FYI.