PDA

View Full Version : Why is the SFL Emag no longer made?

mathw_09
04-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I was just wondering why they quit making the SFL Emag. They're awesome looking and if its a mag its gotta shoot sweet.

Kevmaster
04-09-2003, 08:42 PM
PTP only made ~35-45 of them. Why? Extra value....Costs...How well they sold

Xerces
04-09-2003, 08:42 PM
it was a custom model made by the company shocktech, they only planned to make 50, and thats all they did. i heard some buzz of an sfl II emag, but i don't know if its anymore than a foundless rumor

cphilip
04-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Well Kevin is right they were slow to sell when they first came out and that killed a lot of it. And now there is the X Mag that pretty much takes its place and then some. So there will not be any demand for many of them. At least enough to make them think about it again. I think the rumors you heard was them doing some milling on the X Mags and making some Special models of those. Not a repeat of the SFL itself.

magman007
04-09-2003, 08:57 PM
KEV! it was shocktech, and the biggest number that was produced, was 35. They were a limited run, and thats all they were supposed to be. They were slow to sell at first, because it was before lvl 10 time, and they choped pretty bad, especially with that superbolt in there....

ntn4502
04-09-2003, 09:06 PM
the world can only take so much goodness

cphilip
04-09-2003, 09:11 PM
...yes and then when "goodness" was no longer enough... we then were given GREATNESS! The X MAG! :D

magman007
04-09-2003, 09:31 PM
phil, you got that backwards!

We got the godlyness! while, you have mass produced greatness!

But serriously, they all function the same... so it doesnt realy matter.

But mine is still sexier than yours IMHO!

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Xerces
it was a custom model made by the company shocktech, they only planned to make 50, and thats all they did. i heard some buzz of an sfl II emag, but i don't know if its anymore than a foundless rumor

why would they make an sfl II emag. wouldnt an sfl x-mag sell better?
i would be very interested if shocktech started development of a custom x-mag :D :D :D

Mossman
04-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by FlagCarrier

why would they make an sfl II emag. wouldnt an sfl x-mag sell better?
i would be very interested if shocktech started development of a custom x-mag :D :D :D

If they made an SFL II it would be a SFL Xmag, as was the 1st one. The SFL's were a limited run of aluminum modular bodied emags that proceeded the Xmags. Tom was nice enough to include ACE and LX as free upgrades, if he wasn't so nice Bill wouldnt have much of an argument against poor Phil :p

PsychoBaller
04-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Ahem...... SFLs were in a sense, if not in actuality - Prototype Xmags.

Us SFLer's ended up being "Guinea Pigs", lol .... but I don't seem to have that feeling of being "used" as such testers would feel, heheheh....

~da "just plain happy with his SFL" baller

kutter
05-05-2003, 08:22 PM
To get the numbers right, Shocktech was sent 40 raw bodies by Airgun, thats directly from TK when I was at World Cup. I am not sure how many made it out of the factory, but at most only 39 are still in existence since one of them got cut apart, I forget who it was that did it.

I was a little suprised to see that Shocktech had discontinued it, does that mean that Manny will start playing with a new gun? I have to admit though that the new Bushy from Shocktech is pretty tight.

BajaBoy
05-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
Ahem...... SFLs were in a sense, if not in actuality - Prototype Xmags.

Us SFLer's ended up being "Guinea Pigs", lol .... but I don't seem to have that feeling of being "used" as such testers would feel, heheheh....

~da "just plain happy with his SFL" baller

guinea pigs?! bah! (sfl's are amazing)