PDA

View Full Version : getting a new marker...some advice please.

RaTfreak
04-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Hey guys and girls...getting ready to get a new marker. Need some advice. I thought about the matrix, x-mag or impulse. Love the speed of the matrix but I have owned a mag for over 7 years and love the dependabliity. Impulses just sweet looking. The only problem for a mag is the long wait.

Can anyone tell me how these markers compare?

SlipknotX556
04-09-2003, 09:47 PM
I know its not on your list, but if you want something even better, 2k2 timmy with WAS board. :) Great guns.

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 09:53 PM
which impys are you looking at? just a stock vision? which imp you're talking about makes a pretty big difference in your decision.

with high end guns, all will perform well, so it just comes down to personal preference. your best bet would be to shoot all of the guns before buying one. as for me, i would reccomend the x-mag, despite the wait. from what i've seen, it will be well worth it ;)

MaChu
04-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Timmies are the stuff, 2k2 with a WAS and Halo or Eggo...mmmmm mmmm good

SlipknotX556
04-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MaChu
Timmies are the stuff, 2k2 with a WAS and Halo or Eggo...mmmmm mmmm good

Uber sexy you mean. Also if you decide to get a 2k2, replace the stock trigger with ethier a reaper trigger, or a dragon trigger. Do some custom trigger adjustments, then be ready to walk that trigger. My friends 2k2 has the lightest trigger, I can dump his evo2 in seconds. I can do this because he has a WAS board, a manditory upgrade.

FlagCarrier
04-09-2003, 10:27 PM
the other day i saw a timmy w/ WAS board (couldnt tell which model exactly). it was completely insane. emptied a halo in around 10 seconds.

SlipknotX556
04-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Yes, they are insane. Its godly what they can do, im so glad I own one.

RaTfreak
04-10-2003, 10:02 AM
I was considering a strange vision immpy but never really thought of a timmy. Anyone know anything about the lasoya timmy's? BTW...how long is the wait on the xmags?

O...1 more thing...how do prices compare?

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Strange Vision Impys are beyond hotness!

That's my next gun now that I have the Xmag. (How do you tinker with perfection?) :D

JAM
04-10-2003, 11:21 AM
I was kind of in your boat... I've had mags for a long time and love the dependability/etc.. so I went with th eXMag 'cause it's got all the good things about my other mags plus a WHOLE lot of upgrades. A lot of the parts are interchangable to, so my spare parts box isn't going totally to waste. my $.02.

RaTfreak
04-11-2003, 12:00 AM
I would love to have an xmag too but the wait is what's killing me. Talked to the guys in the booth at the ultimate madness last weekend and they said it would be about a 4 or 5 month wait (if I understood). That's a long time to wait for a marker.

I know it would be worth it but my old school RT is gettin up in years. Hard to keep up anymore. Need one now. Sounds childish I know but I need a new marker asap. Any word on how long the wait will be in the near future? Are they picking up production?

BTW...anyone seen the new all alum. emag? It's sweet and has the xvalve but doesn't have interchangeable breeches or an eye. Light as a feather though.

armyboot
04-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Have you thought about a viking/excal? May not be the prettiest, but the only thing that compares to them out of the box would be an Emag.

Tron
04-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Go ahead and either buy the impulse or matrix and save up for the next year and buy the Xmag when you can finally get one.

-Tron