PDA

View Full Version : Does the z-valve do anything?

Magluvr
04-09-2003, 10:49 PM
I was just looking all over the internet and no one can give me a straight answer, people say stuff that in theory the z-valve works, or random people think that it makes sense so they agree. Well, has anyone that actually used the z-valve on the classic valve know if these things work?
I was looking at them, they sound ok, but they also seem kinda fishie (not like the piranha, sorry bad joke).

Army
04-09-2003, 11:42 PM
The Z-valve does indeed lighten something up....your wallet!

Despite all it's hype, the Z-valve has never proven itself to do anything better than the stock on/off.

M-a-s-sDriver
04-10-2003, 12:21 AM
So, I will lighten MY wallet by buying Z-valves.
I will buy anyone's valve they no longer want, because I love the way they feel. Just e-mail me.
www.brentnpatty@msn.com
Brent Jackson, ACE-PFB.

Strider
04-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I inadvertantly encountered one last week without knowing it.

I was setting up a LX in a classic valve, and when I finaly got it tuned in nicley at 270, the thing started giving a lighter pull and "a hint of kickback". Enought for me to notice, and go WTF... The owner had gotten it used, and never opened the on/off.

Magluvr
04-10-2003, 10:56 PM
So is it very noticeable r would only someone that knows every feature of mag's inside and out and their feel be able to tell the difference. I get the impression that it is a very marginal difference (aka not worth the money spent, but if I could get one free then...)

Miscue
04-11-2003, 12:17 AM
The Z-Valve works pretty much the same way as an RT on/off, with a pull lightening tapered pin... except with crappier tolerances.

Z-Valve is crap. If you get one that works right, you are lucky. If you get one that works perfectly with your mag... then the trigger is noticeably lighter. But... there is a much better alternative... ;)