PDA

View Full Version : Any other AO Planetsiders???

FactsOfLife
04-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Anyone else in the beta test for Planetside? If so, want to hook up?

Trench
04-12-2003, 10:39 AM
URL?

FactsOfLife
04-12-2003, 02:16 PM
planetside site (http://planetside.station.sony.com/)

Trench
04-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Looks interesting... I might try it out...

FactsOfLife
04-12-2003, 04:20 PM
we had about 3500 players online the other day slugging it out. unreal battles.

Jack_Dubious
04-12-2003, 07:47 PM
FOL,
What side you playing? Im TR.

JDub

FactsOfLife
04-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Jdub, hanging out with the new conglomerate. Of course you knew I was an entrepreneur right!

the whole beta's getting wiped clean monday. so new start new outfits.

I've played for about 4 days now and I've already gotten to battle rank 11.

the squad I'm with are heartbreakers and lifetakers. wanna hook up with us?

Archangel Kid
04-12-2003, 10:11 PM
welp... i just applied for a beta cause the game looks bad... umm... butt :D

Rancid Milk
04-17-2003, 09:19 AM
I am, Terran Republic all the way :)

Yes, it takes FOREVER to download. I am not joking, it is HUGE like over 1.5 gig I'm at school right now, but when I get home I will tell you the exact size of all the files.

It is well worth the wait though.

digitard
04-17-2003, 11:12 AM
<--- Digitard on the Planetside forums, just waiting for my CD's tomorrow!!

Ingame I'll probably be part of the new congolomorate and under the name [AO]DigiTard

digitard
04-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Oh, if any of you have the "friend cd key" could ya PM me?

Archangel Kid
04-17-2003, 11:26 AM
damnit... i really wanna play... and i have no clue where to get it :(

digitard
04-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Archangel,
You can go to www.planetside.com and sign up for the Beta because the game isn't released yet. If your accepted into the Beta you can play the game for a while for free and help test it. Otherwise ya gotza wait!

Sincerely,
Dave K

Archangel Kid
04-17-2003, 11:43 AM
meh... looks like i have to wait :( booo :P... what does the email tell u where ur accepted for the beta??

FactsOfLife
04-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by digitard
<--- Digitard on the Planetside forums, just waiting for my CD's tomorrow!!

Ingame I'll probably be part of the new congolomorate and under the name [AO]DigiTard

Digitard, Glory to the NC!

Come find me under the name UncleFacts(2,3)

I've been playing around with several setups for characters with different certs.

the best one I've found so far is reinforced exo, medium assault(gauss), Anti Vehicle(Phoenix) and a vehicle cert.

So far the harrasser and the Vanguard are my tools of choice.

Parking the vanguard up on a hill over looking an enemy base and pummelling the beggers down below is awesome. Sort of like mobile arty.

I was using a MAX for a while but it just doesn't kill VS armor fast enough. I'd rather stand off and pound them with the Phoenix and watch them die.

FactsOfLife
04-17-2003, 01:21 PM
you can thank me when you get there...:D

digitard
04-17-2003, 01:25 PM
hehe, I sent you another PM ... cause I forgot one thing.

Oh, and THANK YOU!!

I'm going to download it as SOON as I get home and its on like Donkey Kong :)

I'll make sure to find you when I'm in there and we're gonna have to show those Terran's whats up, cause they aint nothin' :)

Sincerely,
Dave

Archangel Kid
04-17-2003, 01:27 PM
is it possible for u guyz to tell me where to D/l it... even tho i wasn't selected for beta:confused:

digitard
04-17-2003, 01:37 PM
You cant install/run the game without a CDkey thats valid for the beta

Just go to www.planetside.com and sign up for the Beta ... if you get in they'll email you the info

Dave

Rancid Milk
04-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah, just like the equip. terminals there are certification terminals that let you pick out what special stuff that you want to do.

I just checked the file and it is 2.6 GIG! Like I said though, it is worth the wait to d/l if you have dsl

digitard
04-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Pete,
For any game questions, I highly recommend checking out the PS beta site ... theres always like 235235235523 people on and they answer questions FAST!

Jack_Dubious
04-17-2003, 02:05 PM
I think im going to stay a Terran Republican. ;)
Cause I love watching my chaingun mow down those silly NCs and thier Vanu girlfriends :D

JDub

digitard
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Its on .. .like DOnkey Kong

FalconGuy016
04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
I signed up for htis a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, and was accepted immediatly, but I forgot about it... :( looks like a bad move now

digitard
04-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Falcon,
You should be able to hit up the beta site using your station login ID

If u have any questions PM me

FactsOfLife
04-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Dubious
I think im going to stay a Terran Republican. ;)
Cause I love watching my chaingun mow down those silly NCs and thier Vanu girlfriends :D

JDub

Funny, that spoiled milk you pussy terrans drink must be rotting your brain.

UncleFacts(NC) 1

JackDubious (TR) 0

muwaaa haa haaaaaa

and the best part? I stole your chaingun and put it in my locker....:p

Archangel Kid
04-17-2003, 02:49 PM
i signed up for beta and never got another email about it :(

HoboJudge
04-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I just won a beta account in a contest! I'm planning on joining NC. It was either that or TR, but I've been leaning toward NC. I just hate the VS though.

Rancid Milk
04-17-2003, 06:12 PM
tr is deffinately the best.
MAX suit is soooo sweet

Funny, that spoiled milk you pussy terrans drink must be rotting your brain

Not funny :) why would they drink their own teammate

FactsOfLife
04-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Rancid Milk
tr is deffinately the best.
MAX suit is soooo sweet

Not funny :) why would they drink their own teammate

I can't even begin to count how many TR dual chaingun totin' maxies I've put down with the Phoenix. It's ALMOST unfair....

irbodden
04-17-2003, 08:01 PM
ugh, it's part of Sony's station.com

They ruined a game, Infantry, which I was ADDICTED to for years.

It sounds pathetic, but I was seriously addicted to it, and still am. I longgg to play again, but am not gonna start again. It's been over a year now I haven't played... :(

digitard
04-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Did you win it through Homelanfed.com??? **I am a homelan lvl 5 admin**

Sony didn't ruin anything about Planetside, its amazing ... and they're servers are fine, but when ya got 3000+ people downloading a 250meg patch at once its bound to time out/overload ... Either ya can just restart it when it does it and it should continue on (Assuming you dont restart the program) or you can wait a day or so.

Sincerely,
Dave K

FactsOfLife
04-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Here's a heads up for anyone who has downloaded the mega-patch and is now having problems within the game itself.

If you were downloading ther patch and it was interrupted for ANY reason, REBOOT your pc and restart the patching by running the planetside executable.

I had what I thought was a completed patch, attempted to start the game by connecting to Auraxis, kept getting disconned.

Rebooted my pc, and restarted PS. It repatched one sound file and seems to have fixed it.

The servers went down hard this morning, and they're working on them now. The news is it should be up and disconnect free sometime this morning or early afternoon.

HoboJudge
04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Nope, I won it through Planetside Shuttle, the Gamespy Planetside site. Am I supposed to get an email from SOE after they send my name in?

FalconGuy016
04-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Falcon,
You should be able to hit up the beta site using your station login ID

If u have any questions PM me

I think I deleted it looong ago as well, as I have free email :( Is there anyway to check if a user is there or not? If you can, can you check FalconGuy016?

Jack_Dubious
04-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

UncleFacts(NC) 1

JackDubious (TR) 0

Dont worry I havent forgotten. Its time for a little TR "Shock and Awe" ;)

JDub

FactsOfLife
04-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Dubious

Dont worry I havent forgotten. Its time for a little TR "Shock and Awe" ;)

JDub

Heh heh wait till you meet my little friend "Phoenix", they'll be sifting the crater for what's left....

Either that or I can park my Vanguard on you for a while...

HoboJudge
04-19-2003, 12:46 PM
I'm wondering, what faction has the most people, and which one has the least?

Rancid Milk
04-19-2003, 01:47 PM
I think that vanu has the least. just a guess though.

FactsOfLife
04-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Oh my.

Oh oh my, I just found out what the decimator does to maxes up close...

Coleslaw anyone?

FactsOfLife
04-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Make your time, Terran scum, all your maxes are belong to us!

Blazestorm
04-20-2003, 08:12 PM
my computer is too crappy for it... I'll ask my bro to sign up for it than gimme all the info ahha :D

AssassN
05-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Blah it keeps saying can't connect to servers, i alos can't get on their site. Anyone else haveing this problem?

Unclefacts- im NC also, we should hook up in game and go show those terrans and VS what our missles can do.

Im running
1.4ghz p4
256RDRAM
Radeon 7500 64mb
Verizon DSL

What should i get to make it play better? Right now when i get into a decent sized battle i freeze up and its no fun. I was looking into one of the new nvidia cards and 2 sticks of 256RDRAM.

Then I would have
1.4ghz p4
640RDRAM
FX5200 or FX5600 with eitehr 128mb or 256

Should i do that?

AssassN
05-24-2003, 08:36 AM

Digitard, Glory to the NC!

Come find me under the name UncleFacts(2,3)

I've been playing around with several setups for characters with different certs.

the best one I've found so far is reinforced exo, medium assault(gauss), Anti Vehicle(Phoenix) and a vehicle cert.

So far the harrasser and the Vanguard are my tools of choice.

Parking the vanguard up on a hill over looking an enemy base and pummelling the beggers down below is awesome. Sort of like mobile arty.

I was using a MAX for a while but it just doesn't kill VS armor fast enough. I'd rather stand off and pound them with the Phoenix and watch them die.

Woah and that is my EXACT set up. Reinforced with gauss Phoenix and vanguard or harrasser. I tihnk you copied me :).

I also plan on picking up reaver soon. I love the VS cuz its so darn easy to see where those lasers are coming from.

FactsOfLife
05-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Did you go retail??

InfinatyBPS
05-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Is this a free online game or do you have to pay monthly?

FactsOfLife
05-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Monthly fee. SOE is breakin our backs too.

13 bucks a month and 90% of the code is friggin client side.

There's a free month with the game, the downside of that is, once it's up there is NO single player game at all.

This game oughta be 7 bucks a month tops.

Blazestorm
05-24-2003, 02:49 PM
You have to consider that 13 bucks a month isn't that bad, most people pay upwards of 50 bucks a month for cable, or 50 bucks for a cellphone bill. And what does cable do? simply give your house access to the internet. Cellphone? access to the world with a portable phone. Planetside has to take care of over 5000 people maintaining 6 servers. It's VERY expensive. I think 13 bucks a month is great, I would pay it but my computer is horrible and I could barely play the beta (I played for like 30 hours altogether, and shot like 6 people... but I helped capture about 30 bases) Hehe P3 800mhz, Geforce 2, and 256 SDram... I remember when in the counter-strike days this was top of the line... that was like 2-3 years ago... but that is unimportant! :D

FactsOfLife
05-24-2003, 05:59 PM
No way is 13 bucks/month great for the amount of actual server work involved here.

Extemely limited content. still screwed up in a lot of ways.

These guys are going to be lucky if they don't lose 50% at the end of the free month.

Don't get me wrong, I am having a lot of fun playing, the reality is still there though.

The client is the one doing all the work, the server is doing very very little.

AssassN
05-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Did you go retail??

Got all 3 CDs in front of me.

About the fee, I think it is a BIT high but I can ask 1 different person for 26 days to give me $.50 and I can afford the monthly fee.

It would be ridiculous for an adult to do that but at my age I could probably get like $2 a day if I didn't try.

BTW my main name is AssassN, I will make a few other charecters eventually probably named r3tr0 or retro. If you see me and your on NC say hi, if not..... say bye.