PDA

View Full Version : What's the catch.. why is the Flatline so cheap?

Frank (the spank)
04-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Well I got my new eMag... but it needs to be fed! So I need a good nitro setup.. eBay ahoy!

So there are screw in's and the full adjustable regulator. Seems $200 for a screw, $400 for an adjustable regulator etc..

Then I find a bunch of: "68ci 3000psi Airgun Designs Flatline HPA nitrogen system" So... what's the catch?!? Why are theses only $200 and below?!? Is it gonna blow up? lol Only thing I can figure is.. it is a low psi tank, so does that mean less shots? What will I get from one of theses on my eMag?

And please.. if you can recomend a nice adjustable non-screw nitro tank I would be greatful :)

Thanks!

einhander619
04-10-2003, 02:19 AM
They are all probably older systems. Your post caught me a little off guard, since a new flatline is around $450! Anyways, for a good inexpensive tank, look at an armageddon. You should be able to get one that's in hydro with a few goodies for around $200. Not bad, considering the $400 sticker price. I have one, it's great, my only complaint is that it's heavier than it needs to be, and will throw off your gun's balance if no properly set up.

Hexis
04-10-2003, 07:45 AM
It's because they are 3000psi setups. The value on a 3k is a lot lower than a 4.5k.

Frank (the spank)
04-10-2003, 08:12 PM
So it's a quality nitro setup and cheap, just less shots.

So... how many shots would I get out of one of theses with my eMag?

I may just go for broke and buy an Angel Air or Flatline. But I'll check out the armageddon.

Thanks for the info!

FlagCarrier
04-10-2003, 08:24 PM
not sure about the e-mag, but for most guns, you get 10 shots per ci for 3k psi tanks, and 15 shots per ci for 4500 psi tanks.

theraidenproject
04-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Air America Raptor Rex 68/45 $190 (http://www.airamerica.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=33&osCsid=ffdb92b58ec9b4a09c91d8450b07afca)

Mr.Minus
04-10-2003, 08:41 PM
the only catch about the raptor is that you need a cradle...

i bought one straight away but after looking i found about 3 companies that make em, dye is on of them...

Catch22
04-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I think the armageddon is a really good tank. Just as good as the maxflo but there is no ON/OFF switch which can be useful at times.

theraidenproject
04-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Minus
the only catch about the raptor is that you need a cradle...

i bought one straight away but after looking i found about 3 companies that make em, dye is on of them...
I'm pretty sure they can just clamp onto DZs. Oh yea, if you get it, make sure you get a pro-connect, since there's no on/off. They are also the best way to degass your valve.

joeyjoe367
04-10-2003, 08:59 PM
If you don't need to shoot more than 600 or so rounds with a single fill, then I would highly recommend an AGD Flatline tank.

Super consistant, very nice 1/4 turn on/off and AGD's support.

Frank (the spank)
04-10-2003, 10:38 PM
great info!

So... why is the Raptor Rex from Air America so cheap? How is the flow, will it shoot down at 20bps? No output guage but i bet I can just put a T connector on my hose with a guage.

Made from steel, may be heavy? if so thats not a big deal.

Any good sites that have a good selection of drops for the eMag? I don't want one of those huge drops with the flames, lol. A piece of metal that mounts the tank is good enough.

I'm blindly jumping back into this sport... leaving at the top 6 years ago I can't bring myself to play a few games with field rentals. I'm sure you can all understand.. :)

Thank you all for your help!

slushee
04-11-2003, 05:05 AM
Just to let you know, back in 1997 i bought my first and only compressed air tank. The original Raptor 3k. It was used and abused. Original bottle was attached.

Well now it is 2003. I have sent it once to Air America and they cleaned and updated the reg since they have lifetime service. They even through in a 40$ piece i needed to replace for free <shhh, don't tell anyone> ..

Their service rivals AGD's and well, if you can live without an on/off or output pressure guage (both of which i installed downstream) then the Raptor Rex's are worth their weight in gold.

NO SHOOTDOWN and definatly quality. I'm still hydrotesting and using the original tank today.

oh yeah, PS - they clamp into a drop zone great and there is no weight issue at all