PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Co2 tank

Paintballer86
04-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, I decided that I need to have everything match my phantom. So, I was wondering, is it SAFE to polish a co2 thank? I mean, with sandpaper, or should I just do it with LYE? I didnt want to do it before I asked here. I wasnt sure if it was safe or not, so I wanted to make ure. And if it is not, is there any place where I can buy a polished 9 oz. co2 tank? I will post pictures of it when I am done. Thanks alot.
Dave.

Ultimator
04-10-2003, 09:27 AM
That doesn't sound like the safest thing to do.

Wrap it in aluminum foil if you want it polished ;)

MarkM
04-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Its perfectly safe, you are only buffing off the anno. Dismantle the tank valve and get a buffing wheel and away you go....the stamped letters will stay full of the anno colour for the most part but most of it will be removed by the buffing wheel. Use sandpaper and you will be at it for years plus the finish won't be that good. If you want to cut down on the amount of buffing needed then use a pair of rubber gloves and coat the tank in Oven Cleaner and use elbow grease and a cloth and it will remove a lot....did this myself on my Phantom around the pump area. If you don't want to risk it yourself then anyone who does re-anno work can strip and polish your tank for you.

Vex
04-10-2003, 03:19 PM
MarkM's right. In the days before HPA, when everyone used CO2, people had their tanks anodized and polished to match their guns. My friends did it all the time. I didn't because my Pro-Lite was black, and so was my tank.

Good luck!

:D