PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever put a set screw in the vert feed?

JAM
04-10-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking specifically about the XMag.. it seems to make sense to me. Or, how else have you secured a hopper in a vert feed?

cockermatt
04-10-2003, 11:41 AM
The electrical tape trick always does the job. On my timmy though I have a clamping feed neck. :)

btw I was at the Pevs store when you got the Emag. Hoover was talking about the wild girl at the party. :)

Mossman
04-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Kapp Angel feed tubes have screws like that (at least mine did :)). Anyhow, they work great. If you have a tap kit I'd suggest you do like 3 holes all at equal distances. Mine only had 1 and revvy shells are notoriously crappy and 1 set screw can do some damage.

Also when idiots dont realize that you have a set screw and tear your revvy out regardless, that's not cool either way. You don't come on the boards anymore but you know who you are Level10/BeefStew/Phil!

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 11:52 AM
So help me- if you drill a hole into your Xmag I'll smack ya' with a trout! :D

Electrical tape around the hopper neck works just fine. My Halo was REALLY tight with it this weekend.

cphilip
04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
I in fact had to dremel my Halo down to get a tight fit. Used a roller sanding tube and just kept sanding it down till it was going in... but real tight. Halos' are made extra large just for this reason.

However in my Micro E the Halo fit right without sanding it. And the previous owner had indeed drilled two holes and taped them for screws. I removed the screws of course. Cause I didn't need them.

wyn1370
04-10-2003, 12:20 PM
I locking feed necks. No need for screws, no need for sanding. Just drop in hopper and turn ring till tight. I wish every manufacturer made them.

JAM
04-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt
The electrical tape trick always does the job. On my timmy though I have a clamping feed neck. :)

btw I was at the Pevs store when you got the Emag. Hoover was talking about the wild girl at the party. :)

Hi, nice to meet you matt. Yeah, those were some interesting stories about htat girl...

Well, I had to buy the emag from Rob to make up for returning the orracle... ;) Only wish I new I'd get a chance to get an xmag a month later. oh well that's how it goes.

OK, no xmag drilling right now. electrical tape it is.

thanks.

Reo5th
04-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
Level10/BeefStew/Phil!

FRUITY!!!!!!!!!!

EsPo
04-10-2003, 02:25 PM
ccm clamping rises... ahh the power of aftermarket feed necks.

rehme
04-10-2003, 03:30 PM
no-rise but my egg2 did not fit very tight in it my halo works perfect in it