PDA

View Full Version : Tippmann Werks Paint

tmnothing
04-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know the bore size of the Tippmann Werks paint? I'm very tempted to buy a case of it but I cant find out what size it is....

Mossman
04-10-2003, 04:45 PM
For 58 bucks a case by Marbs or something you know will perform until you hear enough good feedback about it.

It may be less, but I had never heard of the Tippmann paint so I checked PBGear and i saw it. Is it less than 57.50 anywhere else?

tmnothing
04-10-2003, 06:43 PM
It's $58 at countypaintball.com

Marbs are too small for my barrel I was hoping the tippmann was medium bore paint.

AutomagRT1483
04-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Tippmann has paint:confused:

deathstalker
04-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by tmnothing
Marbs are too small for my barrel I was hoping the tippmann was medium bore paint.
Marbs fit my BigShot perfectly. What kind of barrel do you use? Maybe it's a large bore, .691 perhaps?

tmnothing
04-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Well I havn't actually shot marbs through my bigshot but I've read that small bore paint (like marbs) do not go good through medium bore barrels. I have a Stainless Steel Bigshot, i thought all Bigshots were Medium bore???

deathstalker
04-11-2003, 12:20 PM
BigShots are medium bore. Since the Advantage shell was released, Marbs seem to have grown in size. They no longer fit my AutoSpirit as well as they do the BigShot. Conversely, PMI Premiums have shrunk since the Advantage shell and now fit my AutoSpirit perfectly. They also fit my C/F J&J, too.

If you are just going by bore sizes as listed on websites, the info might be out of date. If you usually use a BigShot, I think it would be worth buying some Marbs to try them out. I've always been VERY satisfied with them.

tmnothing
04-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Excellent, I'll give them a shot. I just got a box of Big Ball I'm gonna try out and I was gonna some of the Diablo Blaze too.

deathstalker
04-11-2003, 01:13 PM
I've only had one experience with Blaze and the jury is still out on it. I found it to be a little small for my AutoSpirit and the paint wasn't in the best shape - it was a cold October morning and it was a little dimpled. To be honest, it didn't shoot half bad, but I still prefer PMI/RPS paints because PMI/RPS + LAPCO = darts!

Since the Advantage shell was released, I have not had a single bad experience with Marbs or Premiums.