PDA

View Full Version : HALO TE

Evil Bob
04-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Just got two HALO B's I sent in for the TE software upgrade back from Odyssey. Stuffed some batteries in and they are noticeably quieter and no longer pulse like the B did, it's now a steady spin. I'll hook one up to my warp tonight and run a hose back into the HALO and see the difference in speed, current draw, and battery life.

-Evil Bob

-=Squid=-
04-10-2003, 04:46 PM
I also sent mine in for warrenty work, and got the free TE upgrade...if you tilt it just right, you can get it super fast, I clocked mine at 28BPS because I was only letting as much paint into the feed tube as I had to have :D Its super fantastical. :D

freek133
04-10-2003, 05:12 PM
How longs the return time to get this done? And is it free or was yours just a fluke squid?

covadsucks
04-10-2003, 05:21 PM
My Halo B was upgraded at Mardi Gras when I got my shells changed. It's nice but you'll run the risk of chopping when you drain a hopper. I have tested this over a dozen times now with my 2k2 Timmy, everytime the ballstack double feeds and a nasty chop results.

Evil Bob
04-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Turn around time was very good. I arrived via priority mail 4 days after they recieved it. I have been very happy with Odyssey's repair times.

-Evil Bob

-=Squid=-
04-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by freek133
How longs the return time to get this done? And is it free or was yours just a fluke squid?

No fluke, I could easily do it again, just the way I had it angled. When I put it straight down it would get 23-25. So still real fast.

rehme
04-10-2003, 09:24 PM
yeah i got mine in do you mean in no pulses i noticed that my halo B would be quiet and then kinda sound it would be louder for just a sec and would repeat it does it have the TE software?

-=Squid=-
04-10-2003, 09:33 PM
No it doesnt, it was just released and yuo will have to send your hopper plus $10 for the upgrade.

paintball8869
04-10-2003, 10:46 PM
the TE software has been out for a couple months now. I know i sent mine back 2 months ago (or maybe even around christmas time) and got the TE software, new battery door, new lid, new shell. They replaced it all for free. Too bad the damn thing doesn't work on my timmy without feeding too hard and causing it to chop :( Egg2 for now i guess.

-=Squid=-
04-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by paintball8869
the TE software has been out for a couple months now. I know i sent mine back 2 months ago (or maybe even around christmas time) and got the TE software, new battery door, new lid, new shell. They replaced it all for free. Too bad the damn thing doesn't work on my timmy without feeding too hard and causing it to chop :( Egg2 for now i guess.
Same here! I Sent mine in for a new shell, battery cover, lid, screw set, lid spring, and the software...and it was all free! Thank you odyssey ;)

wyn1370
04-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by paintball8869
Too bad the damn thing doesn't work on my timmy without feeding too hard and causing it to chop :( Egg2 for now i guess.
have you tried an adjustable ram cap and harder detents?

paintball8869
04-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Yup, tried everything. Got the adjustable ram cap (hybrid), perfect bolt position, tried hard detents and PBK bolt with slots for the detents (don't get me started on that, the PBK bolt was the biggest POS i've ever used......actually got stuck forward in my gun because it was machined incorrectly, as well as causing even more chops becuase of the much heavier bolt pin-more force). All in all, i think the egg is just the best way to go for me and my gun setups. I had nothing but problems getting the halo to feed without crushing paint or causing extra fractions of a ball to get into the feedtube. Don't get me wrong, the halo is a nice loader, just not for my gun setups.

wyn1370
04-11-2003, 09:14 AM
just wanted to make sure you had tried.

Evil Bob
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
What type and color of paint are you shooting? The only time I've seen problems with the HALO's feeding is with dark/non reflective shelled paint like RPS Marbs Green where every once in a while you get one that is solid black and the loading operation doesn't stop spinning.

I use RPS purple shell without any problems, and Diablo Hellfire (very fragile paint) goes through the HALO without a hickup.

-Evil Bob

paintball8869
04-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Evil Bob- teh paint goes through the halo fine, it's just when it gets into the gun, the force is too great. I use the cheapest stuff i can find. Like the stuff you buy for $30 a case, that stuff :) Some of those are: team colors, 32* competition, PB Junkies Morpheus paint, etc. It's really all about what is on sale each week.