PDA

View Full Version : How much of the body rail do you actually need?

WickeDKlowN
04-10-2003, 05:56 PM
i want to make my mag a bit lighter, and thought about cutting down/carving up my body rail. So how much of it(68 Classic Body Rail) do you actually need so that it will be nice and stable, but without a bunch off excess material? Anyone possibl have a pic of one thats been cut up? and how much would this actually lighten the gun?

JAM
04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Roguefactor hooked up a cool "ULE" automag/minimag rail.. search for that topic. I think he can do it to your rail too.

Mossman
04-10-2003, 07:28 PM
MILL THE INSIDES, DONT HACK OFF THE BACK! I GOT A RAIL in a trade that had the back hacked off it so i grounded it down to look pretty. I sell my mag, take out the level 10 and put the level 7 in there, 2 hours later the thing doesnt shoot. The next day (today), think to swap rails and TADA, it was my hacked up rail letting the valve get too far away from the body.

I don't care, it works now :)

BajaBoy
04-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
MILL THE INSIDES, DONT HACK OFF THE BACK! I GOT A RAIL in a trade that had the back hacked off it so i grounded it down to look pretty. I sell my mag, take out the level 10 and put the level 7 in there, 2 hours later the thing doesnt shoot. The next day (today), think to swap rails and TADA, it was my hacked up rail letting the valve get too far away from the body.

yea it wont really effect how the valve sits unless u mess with the fieldstrip part.. but if u cut off the zlock thing the back of the valve will unscrew:( lol so just dont do it bc i know personaly... (it never totaly unscrewed.. just the "MINIMAG wasnt lined up anymore

Fatjon
04-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Mossman

Did you have the rail bushing in the rail,because when i lost mine i went through so much trouble trying to find out the problem. I changed the lvl 10 setup and everything. But come to find out it was a little $1.00 tube.

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-10-2003, 08:47 PM
moss, i cut the back off of my mag and i had no problems, not even with untwisting. here is a pic of the rail i carved.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=713451

pisspuddle15
04-10-2003, 08:48 PM
You can cut it right behind the field strip screw. I did this and a c&c it so it says automag in block letters sticking out. Id post a pic cuz it looks awesome but i dont know how. it took me 5 hours. ohh i guess i got off topic. Just cut it down behind the field strip screw
:D

WickeDKlowN
04-12-2003, 03:21 PM
What would be the best thing to cut it with(that would be in my garage, or my nextdoor neighbors(god fathers) garage(he used to be a mechanic, and my dads a pack rat, so theres all kinds of ****))? other than like a mill or a c&c or something like that.