PDA

View Full Version : First game in 4 years!

FlipShot
04-10-2003, 10:13 PM
So it's been over 4 years since I've played P-ball. So I decided I'll get back into the sport since A: I have a job now and can afford it and B: I'm gaining to much weight and need some form of excercise...which is also fun. So I grabed the ol' Mag from the closet, dusted it off and gave it full cleaning ( my friend did the same with his mag), gased it up, still shoots like it used to so I headed down to the local P-ball store and bought a case of Evil paint, filled my tank and am ready for a game on staurday. My question is, having not seen a field in 4 years what can I expect?? everybody's running these Electro guns shooting 15+ balls a sec and I'm maybe crank'n 8. any tips on how to be competitive on the field after a 4 year delay? it's funny because one of the teams we used to play against and whip is now one of the Top teams in Florida. if only we would have keeped with it....

SlipknotX556
04-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Just go out and have fun.

Mossman
04-10-2003, 10:57 PM
I suggest you go to slipknot's field. He's an easy target and after you pop him a few times you'll get your confidence way up.

jayel579
04-10-2003, 10:58 PM
i was in your same spot last season, i took about 5-6 years off from the sport. right before i left the angel was folklore. you will be impressed with all the new stuff out there and the new guns. as soon as i shot an electro i had toget one, so i bought an Emag. just go out and have fun, most everyone is pretty cool in this sport you know this.

have fun, enjoy, and welcome back

FlipShot
04-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by jayel579
most everyone is pretty cool in this sport you know this.

have fun, enjoy, and welcome back

yea, this is something I'm looking forward to. trying to get another friend back into it as well. he played in the world cup of '98 I know he's gotta miss it.

Gadget
04-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Same thing here, last time I played was 1995 - before the RT had been released!

Started playing again last month and had the same worries as you about facing electros.....but didn't have any problems. Our team had a mix of markers (two classic Mags, one stock Cocker, one Racegun Cocker and an Angel) and we didn't have any problems with firepower - even against one team that were fully kitted with E-Blade Orracles. :)

A lot of players seem so seduced by the volume of paint that they can fire that they forget about the other essentials, like movement, accuracy & teamwork.

Lee
04-11-2003, 06:18 AM
same spot for me too. i started in '88, played and reffed for about 9-10 years, got out for a few years and started again this time last year. first thing i did was buy a mag!

my buddy still has my old mag (ss in the 19000's) that i sold him when i quit, and it's still going strong w/ no work needed other than o-rings and no mods.

i was somewhat intimidated (and amazed) by all the new stuff, but have found my mags (even my pump) to be very very competitive.

it's not so much the gun as it is the guy on the buisness end of it.

since i'm fairly local to you and am looking at doing some field hopping soon, maybe we can meet up and represent?

ogre55
04-11-2003, 08:34 AM
While there are many electos around there are still many people who just rent whatever is around (usually Tipmanns) Your Mag should be as competetive as ever.

Ogre