PDA

View Full Version : PAINTBALL SAFTEY..Plz respond!

Jtpaintball17
04-11-2003, 07:15 AM
hey guys im doin a thesis paper for school on paintball saftey and i need some opinions. now i know u are all paintballers and probably think its fine but i just want some opinions on whether you think its safe or not (dumb question aint it).. but its for school so i gotta do my research..lol..so just through any ideas to me on p-ball saftey... please respond... thanx

JAY

Gadget
04-11-2003, 08:08 AM
If participants follow all the rules then it's very safe (especially sup air, where you don't even have the risk of running into trees :)).

The problems occur when people refuse to follow the rules - not only can they endanger themselves (lifting goggles on a field) but also others (unplugged markers in safe areas).

There are dangers - after all we're all playing with very high pressure gas systems - so it's essential that people act repsonsibly not just when they're playing, but also when away from the field (ensuring air bottles are tested at the correct intervals, making sure that burst discs are fitted properly, only using correctly rated connection etc).

-Carnifex-
04-11-2003, 08:10 AM
Good luck writing a thesis paper with that grammar.

Skoad
04-11-2003, 09:00 AM
i'll tell you one thing, the one safety issue that almost every single person i know has avoided was hyrdotesting a co2 tank.

i'm almost positive your SUPPOSED to test them every 5 years but i don't know a single person or heard of a person who has done this. at least in my experience in backwoods missouri ;)

Hexis
04-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I know Paintball Sam's in Racine, WI will not fill an out of date CO2 tank.

I would reiterate that Paintball is a very safe activity, if people abide by the rules. I have been plaything for nearly 10 years, I have never seen a serious injury while playing. Not that I’m a representative sample of the 7 million people that have played in the last year.

Mook564
04-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Hexis
I know Paintball Sam's in Racine, WI will not fill an out of date CO2 tank.

Actually by law you can't refill an out of date Co2 tank. The same goes for N2. There is like a half a dozen laws regarding it. The biggest governing body is the DOT. You must remember that these tanks are basicaly a bomb waiting to go off. That is why there are laws on Hydro testing them. Heck you should see the standards the tanks have to meet before a company can sell them.

Hexis
04-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mook564

You must remember that these tanks are basicaly a bomb waiting to go off.

I think that's slightly misleading. It would be more accurate to say they could be a bomb waiting to go off.

Hydro testing is a good thing. It's a very important part of paintball saftey. There is no reason to fill out of date tanks, CO2 or HPA/N2.

Brak
04-11-2003, 02:25 PM
a great way to get your point across, if your thesis is arguing about how paintball IS safe, would be insurance statistics. i, for one, found out though insurance statistics, more people are injured per year, in gold than paintball. statistics and hard evidence mostly compliments the opinionated parts of a thesis quite well

Jtpaintball17
04-11-2003, 03:01 PM
thanx everyone for the help! and my grammar is better on school work than the net crnifex..lol... i am arguing the part that paintball IS safe.. so if any of u have good points to help me prove my point, please share them.. the reponses soo far have been awesome and i will use all of them in my paper!.. tell ur friends on AU to come and check this out and give me some help.... thanx again everyone

Jay

elpimpo
04-11-2003, 03:17 PM
paintball has less injuries than golf and pingpong

FlagCarrier
04-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
If participants follow all the rules then it's very safe (especially sup air, where you don't even have the risk of running into trees :)).

haha.
there's this video on kazaa of this guy nailing a tree and toppling over :D :p :eek:

so funny...

Temo Vryce
04-11-2003, 04:33 PM
I can remember a statistic somewhere that showed that Paintball was safer than Bowling. You might want to try looking at government statistic pages.

Jtpaintball17
04-12-2003, 10:09 AM
there's this video on kazaa of this guy nailing a tree and toppling over

o-man thats great... plzz give me ur sn on kazaa cuz i have it too and i wanna download it from u!!!!

Benfica4ever
04-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FlagCarrier

haha.
there's this video on kazaa of this guy nailing a tree and toppling over :D :p :eek:

so funny...
yea i saw that one too.lol...hahaha

Jtpaintball17
04-13-2003, 11:14 AM
c'mon guys now you're all telling me that you've seen this video and i wanna download it too see it too!... so someone please tell me the name of the video!!!! cuz im gettin pretty agrivated that everyones like "o-yeah that was sooo funny"... so let me in on it...lol :D

bunkermaster10
04-13-2003, 11:28 AM
The only safety issue that I have seen really playing paintball is getting shot in the neck and bleeding. But I have never been shot there. I also love really small mask and don't care about getting shot in the neck.

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 11:33 AM
I thought paintball was one of the most safest sports IF you follow the rules! I have been shot in the neck Bunkermaster10 and it did not hurt!

MantisMag
04-13-2003, 01:05 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/tyger/goggles.shtml

nice article that shows you just how safe safety goggles need to be.

Jtpaintball17
04-15-2003, 06:55 AM
thanx guys for the responses... i'll take a look @ the site right now... i've been shot in the neck too b4.. it hurts a lil bit more than a regular chest shot.. but hey, its all part of the sport!

Maglover2k
04-16-2003, 10:49 PM
If i remember correctley, paintball is safer then golf.

Jason Stearns
04-16-2003, 10:52 PM
..........I dislocated my sholder playing paintball, but i`m still playing ;)

Jtpaintball17
04-17-2003, 07:13 AM
ouch how did u dislocate it??.... there is a site.. www.paint-ball.org it has everything on statistics.. paintball is safer than bowling according to the site.. thatnx for the help guys (and girls). please keep up the good work.

nippinout
04-17-2003, 07:18 AM
This site has stats using, "Control Systems Inc., administrator of paintball game accident insurance plan for air gun game operators. " and the National Safety Council.

http://www.f4og.com/safe.html

Good luck!

TheJester
04-17-2003, 08:54 AM
yea, i think paintball is safe. the only time i think that a paintball gun would be considered un-safe would be when the gun is gassed, loaded, safety off, barrel on, barrel plug/condom off, and if people don't have a mask on, it would also depend on the range. even then there's a chance that you won't get hit in the face...not a chance i would be willing to take personally. but in terms of storage i know i store mine completly naked (no barrel, no gas, no hopper) safety on. this is kinda off topic, but i think a baseball bat should be considered more of a weapon than a paintball gun.

Jtpaintball17
04-18-2003, 02:46 PM
a baseball bat is def more of a weapon unless u got a stainless steel n2 tank or a chromoly co2 tank... either one will hurt if u bash it over someone's head..haha...

PEACE

FreshmanBob
04-18-2003, 03:02 PM
statistically there are fewer paintball injuries per 100,000 participants than golf. Soooo yeah, and seeing how as golfs a pretty wussy sport compared to hockey or football, its very safe.

darklord
04-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Jtpaintball17
hey guys im doin a thesis paper for school on paintball saftey and i need some opinions. now i know u are all paintballers and probably think its fine but i just want some opinions on whether you think its safe or not (dumb question aint it).. but its for school so i gotta do my research..lol..so just through any ideas to me on p-ball saftey... please respond... thanx

JAY Safe only if there are refs and proper equipment. If there is broken glass on the field or something, then yeah, it's unsafe, but generally with proper supervision it is incredibly safe. Masks cover the whole face and are designed to withstand like 2x the impact of the speed of a paintball. Chronographs also provide safety to ensure that no one is shooting hot. I think it is incredibly safe. The only time you might get bruised or hurt is if you're doing a crazy bunker move or if you get bunkered.

Meph
04-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Safe?

I think the industry so far has been ungodly lucky as it is! Accidents, injuries and such are surprisingly low considering just how many stores and fields don't have proper (or just decent) training or knowledge on the fill stations alone.

I can just hope that our luck continues as it is. Though I doubt it. And in the very near future I can already see some much stricter regulations afoot.

Shawn at suny oswego
04-18-2003, 10:16 PM
The only known paintball death is to a man that was shot in the neck when playing in a tournament. He was shot for 6 feet away and had a stroke. It was in the UK

I have an article saved here somewhere……..AH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1628682.stm