PDA

View Full Version : AGD Lions at NPPL Las Vegas - Tracking Thread!

Scooter/Cootie
04-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Ok, Let's use this thread to keep tabs on the Lions progress at the NPPL Las Vegas tourny. The team is made up of the Lions and Kids combined.

The prelim games start today and also go on tomorrow. I believe Sunday is reserved for the Semi's and Finals.

The Lions are attending the event as Amatuer, one level below Pro.

Here's their Prelim schedule (As taken from Warpig).
Friday, April 11th

1. Eclipse Factory Blue (Novice)
2. Evil Red (Rookie)
3. Yard Dogs Chronic (Rookie)
4. Draco (Rookie)

Saturday, April 12th

1. Bad Company (Pro)
2. Russian Legion (Pro)
3. Atomix Factory Red (Novice)
4. Checkit Factory (Novice)

Looks like the Lions have some stiff competition, especially against Bad Company and the Russian Legion.

If any AO'ers are attending the event, try to catch some of the Lions games and post some info and results here!

<b>Go Lions!!!</b>

Scooter/Cootie
04-11-2003, 11:39 AM
The scores are posted here:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2003/vegas/prelims.shtml

AlabamaMan
04-11-2003, 12:10 PM
So they are playing amature, but don't play a single other am team in the prelims?

Scooter/Cootie
04-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan
So they are playing amature, but don't play a single other am team in the prelims?

My wife just asked me the same question. I don't really have a good answer for it other than that's the way it's always been. Hmm...but your correct.

AlabamaMan
04-11-2003, 12:57 PM
It seems a little stupid to me. You don't really have any way to judge your competition going into the semi's. I mean you could totally work a couple novice and rookie teams. Hit the semi's and it's a reality check.

_Spork_1
04-11-2003, 05:25 PM
dynasty is unstoppable it seems

what are they shooting this year BTW?

sorry to take it away from the Lions

WARPED1
04-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Why do the Lions have no score? And is Clare playing with them?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-11-2003, 06:01 PM
_Spork_1, Dynasty is just using WDP IR3's this year. No more Cobra sponsorship. The rumor is they're getting their own Angel soon..but who knows...

thecavemankevin
04-11-2003, 06:25 PM
all am teams will play the same amount of "out of class teams" and same with all leagues, but the points they earn/don't earn will still only be for their ranking.

For instance:
If all rookie teams play 6 pro teams...and one rookie team max's all of those pro teams and all the other rookie teams get laid out...then the good rookie team will still be in rookie and all of those points will count only for rookie division. Tournaments frequently do this if they don't have enought teams in one or more divisions to play all they way through.

Lord knows i wouldn't want to try and organize all this!

Good luck lions!

walker2287
04-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Lions win, lose, win

logamus
04-11-2003, 07:16 PM
the second game appears to have not been stellar.

Scooter/Cootie
04-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Here's the three scores so far on Warpig.

Not too shabby! :D

WARPED1
04-11-2003, 07:21 PM
3?! What happened?! Dynasty?
Good job tho guys.

rtslave
04-11-2003, 07:47 PM
I'll be there tomarrow for most of the day, I'll take some pics with the dig. cam. but someone will have to explain how I post them in a thread.

SyntaxError
04-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
_Spork_1, Dynasty is just using WDP IR3's this year. No more Cobra sponsorship. The rumor is they're getting their own Angel soon..but who knows...

Word is that at least half of the so-cal boys are shooting the new Angel Speeds. Good move on their part. They're pretty much LED-IR3's, if you get the concept:p

Miscue
04-11-2003, 10:21 PM
4th game is a loss... didn't stick around to get points...

Lions lost 3 dudes off the break (not sure about other team, couldn't see), towards the end... Lions had a 2v1. Lions made a bunkering attempt, and got anti-bunkered. Then, there was about a 3 minute 1v1 standoff... pot shot peek-a-boos. Last lion got psyched out by opponent dry frying, faking malfunction. Another bunker attempt... Lions were anti-bunkered once again.

Was a good game... just some unlucky breaks is all. Was great to finally see the Lions in action.