PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trigger idea....

Jazzman
04-11-2003, 12:56 PM
So, we're all familiar with the double trigger, blade trigger, ring trigger, roller trigger, etc. I just had an idea. (oddly enough while playing the trigger finger flash game. :D)

As my screen name implies, i'm a musician. I play bass, and the way that I attack the strings with my right hand is remarkably similar to walking a trigger. However, I use THREE fingers when I play bass. I came up with two ideas to use this to my advantage.

1.) A longer blade trigger, so that each finger has enough room to move.

or

2.) An entirely different trigger design, in which there are three seperate buttons or contact points.

Musically, I can comfortably play triplets at 250 BPM (beats per minute), which equates into 12.5 BPS (balls per second). I can play sixteenth notes fairly comfortably at 170 BPM, which equates into 11.3 BPS. It would be pretty cool if I could apply this directly to paintball. :D

Any thoughts? Concerns? Is this an engineering possibility?

Teebs
04-11-2003, 01:06 PM
the only major draw back that i see is that this frame would only leave you with your thumb and pinky to hold the gun. and thats no to steady

PzYcO
04-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Teebs
the only major draw back that i see is that this frame would only leave you with your thumb and pinky to hold the gun. and thats no to steady

beat me to it ! :( , but yea hes right it would be too wobbly

Evil Bob
04-11-2003, 01:12 PM
No more wobbly then someone fanning the trigger or rubbing their nub/roller with their off hand.

-Evil Bob

Jazzman
04-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
No more wobbly then someone fanning the trigger or rubbing their nub/roller with their off hand.

-Evil Bob

True. My left hand holds the bottom of my cradle, and supports most of the weight. With the back of my tank against my shoulder, and my thumb on the back of the frame, it is a fairly steady shooting platform.

Jerhew
04-11-2003, 05:33 PM
ya that wouldn't be a bad idea...
though it might take some people a while to learn how to walk a triple trigger...
i still only use 2 to play the bass so a double trigger is fine for me:D

and ya the firing hand doesnt do much for stability in the first place...even pulling a single trigger will cause your aim to wobble if you dont shoulder the tank and hold either the forgrip or cradle/tank reg with your other hand

half the time i dont even hold onto the grip completely...i just squeeze the trigger with 2 fingers and use my thumb on the back of the grip for leverage(intelliframe/retro valve)

Skoad
04-11-2003, 06:09 PM
do you guys actually hold your gun with your trigger hand?

I support almost all the weight on my left hand as i cup it under my tanks reg/foregrip. and basically use the little U shaped area between my thumb and first finger to balance the gun left/right.

TheTramp
04-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Jazzman
I play bass, and the way that I attack the strings with my right hand is remarkably similar to walking a trigger.

Let me tell you, bass players can rock paintball guns.

My best friend plays the bass (he also plays paintball but not too much) and he can out-shoot me BIGTIME and I'm no slouch myself (did anybody get that Caddyshack reference?).

When I first got a Mag (classic) he was able to shoot it MUCH faster than me with no practice. I finaly got a Retro and thought "I'm going to show him now." I was in fact able to shoot the Retro faster than he could shoot his (he got one) classic. Of course, when he asked to try my Retro he blew my ROF out of the water.

All I can say is that playing the bass gives your fingers some powerful magic. I bet you can out-shoot most people without using special triggers. In fact...you having a special trigger is just plain unfair!!!!!:eek: ;)